Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Post by Zarovich »

slappybrown wrote:
Zarovich wrote:

explanation on day 2? isn't that what got malks all riled up?

In the paraphrased words of Juice, Days 1 and 2 are vote for whoever :scared:

Except this this time, we got a baddie day 1. That changes it.
THG was pretty much a predetermined vote though. Not sure how that changes day 2.

Kinda like the vote for me last game.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I am going to fire senka. I read through the Malks vote again, and I voted for him and stated why I thought it made sense. But he couched in terms of:
Senka wrote:hire umm... zaro
fire malka
(i dont see the point in risking a RP but yu clearly caught malka in a lie... which i mean whatevs)
...plus its fun to jump around on 4 people i know nothing about with no leads but randomized hunches until i get that "MWB kill" like i had a bunch of games ago...
Voting without good reason or couching your vote in such terms is baddie tell. If you are wrong you can point to "well I didnt really know what to do I had no good reasons."
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

well sir, i'll fire back.

hire NAN, fire Slappy

i find it amazing in two games with like 50% of people getting roles, im nothing important. but you are wrong. and to pull up that single post out of all the speculation just is kinda funny to me... meh. whatevs.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Slappy - 5 (senka, shaf, bhaw, mac, jays)
Zaro - 2 (tfrizz, npv)
shaf - 1 (pfidc)
senka - 1 (slappy)
npv - 1 (corvi)
cupkeeper - 1 (zaro)
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Senka wrote:well sir, i'll fire back.

hire NAN, fire Slappy

i find it amazing in two games with like 50% of people getting roles, im nothing important. but you are wrong. and to pull up that single post out of all the speculation just is kinda funny to me... meh. whatevs.
And now thats a second consecutive with little reasoning.

Pointing to that is the same as bhaw saying I voted for malks, only yours has a tangible indication of baddie behavior at the end of a vote. My comments went from

(1) I dont think we should vote him in agreement with bhaw

(more malks blow ups)

(2) I think he is lying, he sounds bad

(more malks blow ups)

(3) ok i dont buy it, vote malks

There are 12 people that voted for malks yesterday, and the people that pushed the hardest are escaping any kind of scrutiny. I am getting called out for considering my vote, watching malks continue to exhibit odd behavior, and only voting once I felt sure he wasnt the angel. If the only people getting looked at are the people at the end of the vote, then I think this is a village fail yet again. I am going to re-read through the thread once more, and then decide if I want to stick with you or not, not that it particularly matters what I will post.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Ok so here is the development of the Malks vote:

Bhaw opens the voting, with suspicions on shaf and npv as well.

Malks then votes jaysmiter, and tfrizz joins him. Something that has been completely forgotten is that both senka and jay strongly defended redwill who turned up baddie. Kicksave does vote for Senka though and he was bad at this point if I am understanding how that worked correctly.

Shaf then comes in with:
shafnutz05 wrote:fire malkamaniac

He was absolutely all over the map the last couple rounds...combined with his late and unexplained switch to CK with me, that is enough for my vote.
Senka adds another vote for Malks with zero explanation -- just fire malka and nothing else.

Shaf again:
shafnutz05 wrote:If you're the angel, why don't you just protect yourself tonight? Hmm?
and again:
shafnutz05 wrote:Malkamaniac, there is no way in hell I am taking back my vote. If I end up voting to fire the angel, this is going to be a case of:

And you have to admit that comment from dags was funny
Bhaw then says:
bhaw wrote:rehire malkamaniac

fire shafnutz

I'm looking at this one of two ways. Either Malk IS the angel, in which case, no point in killing him. If he's a baddy, we can keep him around and simply not put much worth into what he says until we figure out for sure.

Shafnutz was my other vote, and the fact that he is one of the few still pushing to kill the potential angel doesn't help his position with me :)

I'd suggest others follow suit and just leave Malk's opinions aside until we figure it out. Why waste a night?
For whatever reason, sometime between here and the end of the thread, bhaw decides I am pushing hard for Malks even though I say that I tend to agree with not killing him at that point, prior to continued blow ups.

sdm then says:
sdm5055 wrote:
bhaw wrote:rehire malkamaniac

fire shafnutz

I'm looking at this one of two ways. Either Malk IS the angel, in which case, no point in killing him. If he's a baddy, we can keep him around and simply not put much worth into what he says until we figure out for sure.

Shafnutz was my other vote, and the fact that he is one of the few still pushing to kill the potential angel doesn't help his position with me :)

I'd suggest others follow suit and just leave Malk's opinions aside until we figure it out. Why waste a night?
this makes sense but it never works everyone will come back to him each day phase and this will consume the game and divert attention
After having earlier in the page jumped in on the vote right after kicksave and shaf voted for malks one after the other (also an odd coincidence that those two vote together).

shaf again:
shafnutz05 wrote:
I understand your logic, and this is something that I have advocated before (to no avail). It's a risk, so I dunno. What if he is actually some new Godfather and he gets another night to kill someone?
(in full disclosure, I supported this as a potential stumbling block, because of the damage Malks did in NHL)

Shaf then goes revenge type response to bhaw:
shafnutz05 wrote:whoa whoa whoa bhaw.....really? again? I am willing to withdraw my vote for Malkamaniac. In the last game, Malks claimed IE was a baddie with no evidence. I begged the rest of the town to give IE time, and to not listen to him, but no one listened. I am willing to withdraw my vote for now until someone investigates him.

Bhaw, you are even more suspicious to me now. I am willing to "kill the potential angel"? Everyone and their brother has seen these types of antics before from Malks. Not saying he is guilty, but you are making it sound like I am extremely suspicious for not trusting Malks. That isn't exactly a stretch, considering his track record.
Oddly defensive.

So basically, based on that, and knowing that I am not a baddie, the Malks vote leaves me with suspicions on Shaf, sdm, zaro as posted previously, and senka. Jay wouldnt vote for him in the end, so I think he is clear.

In looking at it, I think shaf pushed the hardest. The fact that he posted only three times since this day period started is also odd -- he posted once to jump on the wagon for me, then again to say "I have a raging clue", and then once more to say he was leaving -- and completely different than what he normally woudl do. Knowing that based on the above, he was the one "irrationally" voting malks and being "harsh" about it as bhaw said, plus the fact that he said he was voting with bhaw after saying last night that that was his big suspicion, and I am going to have to hire senka and fire shaf. Reviewing this and it looks like a better case as compared to senka.

I am probably going down anyways, but if you look at the facts, I dont think that it makes sense to vote me off. But good luck village!
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

slappy, you really dont want to die, eh :pop:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

mac5155 wrote:slappy, you really dont want to die, eh :pop:
Hahha, its a fun game mac. Id like to stick around, sure. The last time I put together that kind of summary was when I was the Joat, and that worked out so lets go 2 for 2 :lol:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Im just hoping that people read my posts rather than just say hes a baddie, dont believe him!
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

fire shaftnutz

slappy articulated some things that i was thinking.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

slappybrown wrote:Something that has been completely forgotten is that both senka and jay strongly defended redwill who turned up baddie.
I wouldn't say they've been completely forgotten... my list does have 5 names on it after all ;)
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

i'll bite

hire slappybrown

fire shafnutz
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Slappy - 4 (senka, shaf, bhaw, jays)
shaf - 4 (pfidc, troy, mac, slappy)
Zaro - 2 (tfrizz, npv)
npv - 1 (corvi)
cupkeeper - 1 (zaro)
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

well if you guys want reasoning -- being bad entils one of 4 things IMO...

-you stir up confusion. change yur votes often. when your number is called, sacrifice one of your own to keep credibility.
-you stay in the shadows... rarely speak. vote on occasion.
-you are a leader. give ideas, hope people follow
-you are a follower. you add in a vote on people after time. "think it over"

on the other side of that, the mirrored good people...

-you really have no idea, and know one thing -- you are safe. throw anyone under the bus thats not you.
-you dont care enough to follow the thread too closely because you have no role &/or are busy.
-you lead out all your ideas and hope they catch. look at things oddly in hopes of digging something up.
-you bandwagon ideas of other people.

NOTE: i think the most information is gained from someone on deathrow, about to die. following votes of other people works, but we're in like game 20, and people are slowly realizing to spread out their votes to avoid being discovered. everytime i was bad, it was one of the top priorities...
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Id like to consider myself under "no idea" and "lead out random ideas"...

slappy is scrambling for information to save himself. that means one of 3 things...
-a bad guy trying to run the crowd, a good role player trying to avoid coming out with further information, or a regular person with so much dedication that they want so badly to stay in the game...

if i put money on it, i'd go #1. when i first voted for slappy I didnt completely believe it, but i believe it more now than I did before..
Another name to watch IMO - Troy Loney. Hes either an opinionated helper or that confusion role from the bad guys.

*no need in really defending yourselves guys, since you will clearly say "im good" but im just saying what im thinkin at this point.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

tfrizz wrote:
slappybrown wrote:Something that has been completely forgotten is that both senka and jay strongly defended redwill who turned up baddie.
I wouldn't say they've been completely forgotten... my list does have 5 names on it after all ;)
you guys are both lying? I missed the redwill vote all together. i was at work all day. Soooo idk where you pull this information up in your PMs? In fact...
Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I personally don't deal well with people that vote blindly, I'd rather have every vote explained LOGICALLY.
But your consistent claims of having nothing to go on during day one and two would fundamentally contradict what your saying.

hire redwill
fire malkamaniac

your bouncing all over the place...

with 11 votes against redwill, THIS MAN is the one that changed his mind and avoiding voting off redwill when the heat was on.

*i'd still love to know where i protected redwill at all. i dont think i used the word REDWILL at all in this thread...
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Senka wrote:Id like to consider myself under "no idea" and "lead out random ideas"...

slappy is scrambling for information to save himself. that means one of 3 things...
-a bad guy trying to run the crowd, a good role player trying to avoid coming out with further information, or a regular person with so much dedication that they want so badly to stay in the game...

if i put money on it, i'd go #1. when i first voted for slappy I didnt completely believe it, but i believe it more now than I did before..
Another name to watch IMO - Troy Loney. Hes either an opinionated helper or that confusion role from the bad guys.

*no need in really defending yourselves guys, since you will clearly say "im good" but im just saying what im thinkin at this point.
My points have been consistent since I responded to people voting for me: my actions with respect to malks were because while I was initially reluctant to vote him off given his claim, his posting changed my mind, and that any "harshness" or "irrationally" voting was done by those other than me. Reading through it, shaf is my conclusion. Thats not "scrambling."

Youve gone from saying zero and repeatedly switching votes, and now changing to long posts regarding meta-theory of WW/Mafia games and categories, and randomly throw out a name no one is discussing.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

you know sometimes throwing out names and looking for reactions is my plan... i dont just do it to do it. I still dont see how i defended redwill because the only time i typed his name (other than vote tallies) is to say "well i assume dagny is cleared since redwill voted with me" ... which defends dagny and not redwill. Im staying on board with this. If we fired malka based on a possible "lie" consider this the same thing.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

fire shaf

I can get on board with this more so than the slappy vote right now.

I have some names and a few ideas bouncing in my head, but at this point in the vote I am not going to throw out more confusion until I can pick out some more tendencies
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Senka wrote: If we fired malka based on a possible "lie" consider this the same thing.
Boom! Head shot.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I'm on my phone but I can tell you where I Saw that was when I went back to review the malks vote I think its from a tfrizzpost maybe round 22 or smthng

If I'm not dead I will find it later with added bonus of booze
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

slappybrown wrote:I'm on my phone but I can tell you where I Saw that was when I went back to review the malks vote I think its from a tfrizzpost maybe round 22 or smthng

If I'm not dead I will find it later with added bonus of booze
I looked back on day 2 and didn't see anything from Senka.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I'm just now catching up on everything today, but one thing that sticks out is shaft's response to malka coming out. Obviously malka should have been viewed with skepticism, but shaft's immediate question was:
If you're the angel, why don't you just protect yourself tonight? Hmm?
Knowing when he could be protected would certainly help the bad guys.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

shafnutz was on my list as well as slappy (i said it multiple times). So I'm happy if either of them go (or both). Shafnutz is compelling, but I'd hope that if slappy gets by, we revisit him in the future.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

On for a bit...vote count?