Godfather Warz Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Godfather Warz Game Thread

Post by redwill »

Fantastic job, nan. Just a superb job of navigating treacherous waters day after day. And so gutsy to try the IE kill.

And a great game, SDD. Perfectly balanced. Very well done.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

redwill wrote:Fantastic job, nan. Just a superb job of navigating treacherous waters day after day. And so gutsy to try the IE kill.

And a great game, SDD. Perfectly balanced. Very well done.
wait til you see the yellow/recruitment angle that was behind the scenes. nan played me. hard. :lol:
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Eff yeah nan. Reds ftw, I was a huge help :pop:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

TheHammer24 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Can't believe NAN just pulled that off.
Meh - he was in earlier than WK on Slappy twice! NAN looked Blue as blue could be. Killing IE was huge, but I still think a dumb move.
This was the easiest game IMO to play as red. When I saw my red buddies, I knew I had to vote right away on Pavel because everyone knew he'd have a day 1 bandwagon. So taht was easy to kill a red.

And then slappy was a ******* and told me to "shut up" and stop PMing him behind the scenes. He didn't respond and just played the game by himself for the most part, so I just figured I was going to go at it alone and it made killing him easy as well.

I figured that would help come crunch time.

Also, at the beginning, it was obvious the way PFIDC was talking that he got a role, so it was easy to kill him and we were fortunate he was the seer. That is also a huge handicap we got out of the way early.

We looked at IE on Night 2 and saw she was the angel. Killed mac on Night 3 and he was the vig, and canaan actually recruited me to be yellow on Night 3, but I chose to stay red while he thought I was yellow. I was going to keep him, but found out he got clues on RPs every night, and he got the one on slappy on the day slappy was voted out. So that made it easier to vote for slappy as well.

Just a lot of things went right.

Fun game.
Last edited by newarenanow on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Also, I fully expected today to be a lot of back and forth. I was more than willing to wait to vote and have discussion. When Hammer came out pointing at WK, and WK came in and immediately voted for Hammer, I just laughed and immediately threw the hammer vote. It was 100 times easier of a day than I thought it was going to be.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

LOL K-Nihn angle. Whatevs on slappy. That really helped, lol.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

it was weird that you didnt convert because the numbers would've been way easier to have a win. it would've been you and me, and then the next night, we wouldve recruited making it three. it worked out for you, but it was a strange move.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

newarenanow wrote:Also, I fully expected today to be a lot of back and forth. I was more than willing to wait to vote and have discussion. When Hammer came out pointing at WK, and WK came in and immediately voted for Hammer, I just laughed and immediately threw the hammer vote. It was 100 times easier of a day than I thought it was going to be.
I just really didn't think it could be you. I thought everyone played so hard on the THG angle, and I thought that was dumb. You saved yourself in my eyes because of your early early votes on Slappy and WK's last minute let me think about it everytime.

I should have been killed a loooooong time ago though.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:it was weird that you didnt convert because the numbers would've been way easier to have a win. it would've been you and me, and then the next night, we wouldve recruited making it three. it worked out for you, but it was a strange move.
I told SDD that. I was thinking about it, but I wanted to just try and take the challenge of winning it as red. Worked out.

But I was tempted to stick with you. It would have been fun. :D
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Honestly, I think the easiest way to play as a red is to pretend you are blue. Have no reservations on killing other reds. Work independently during the day and only discuss your night kills.

Especially if you get the seer out of the way early.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

@NAN

Since mr. shafnutz05 wouldn't stop going after me, I liked your low key comment about how that seemed to be distracting from the real purpose of the game.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

columbia wrote:@NAN

Since mr. shafnutz05 wouldn't stop going after me, I liked your low key comment about how that seemed to be distracting from the real purpose of the game.
My bloodlust has been satiated.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shafnutz05 wrote:

My bloodlust has been satiated.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

redwill wrote:And a great game, SDD. Perfectly balanced. Very well done.
Agree with this. Much better than the last game. I think there was a much more balance of power on both sides.

The only thing I would suggest, during the early days when the day would end at 7pm, and the next day began at 8am, that left very little time for people to discuss stuff (especially as a red) since most people aren't on here during the hours between the day phase. Fortunately that didn't matter this game, but would be tough in others.

Other than that, great game!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

:lol: Shad and Malks are two guys that like side battles. It's make it a little more easy to try to convince someone to vote them out because you can throw out the distraction card.

Although shad was making me very nervous. I don't think he was voted out that last day phase, I wouldn't have won.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

newarenanow wrote:
redwill wrote:And a great game, SDD. Perfectly balanced. Very well done.
Agree with this. Much better than the last game. I think there was a much more balance of power on both sides.

The only thing I would suggest, during the early days when the day would end at 7pm, and the next day began at 8am, that left very little time for people to discuss stuff (especially as a red) since most people aren't on here during the hours between the day phase. Fortunately that didn't matter this game, but would be tough in others.

Other than that, great game!
Thanks for the comments guys. It's tought to balance the time on this. I don't have much time during work to do the write ups so I try to have them when I am not in the office.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

It fits: Fredo went for his own side piece of the action and got appropriately whacked.
I only wish I had lived long enough to see my treacherous son die at the hands the family.

:pop:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

You could always go on the site when you are not at work NAN. :lol:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I chose Fredo for shaf since shaf had the vote going on NAN but for some reason took it off , and that led to him being killed. Total Frdo move.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

btw, shad as fredo was epic
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

This was a lot of fun, SDD....Thanks for the game.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I chose Fredo for shaf since shaf had the vote going on NAN but for some reason took it off , and that led to him being killed. Total Frdo move.
I thought it was game over then. He had a vote on me, IE had a vote on me. And I just figured it was a matter of time for WK or hammer to just vote to get the day over with and see where things landed.

Then shaf took the vote off, and when I saw IE switch, that was a huge sigh of relief.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'm still a little miffed at being Paulie. And me with a cold, too. I think I might have a little brandy to help clear it up.

I would've liked to have been Enzo the baker. "If there will be trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father! For your father!"
Spoiler:
I know he didn't die, but I like him.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Are people going to think less of me if I tell them I never sat through and watched any of the Godfather movies straight through.

Seen a ton of parts randomly to probably put together the movie for #1, but never seen 2 or 3.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

newarenanow wrote:Are people going to think less of me if I tell them I never sat through and watched any of the Godfather movies straight through.

Seen a ton of parts randomly to probably put together the movie for #1, but never seen 2 or 3.
I do have one bullet left....