Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by newarenanow »

I need to go back through this thread and read from the beginning.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

newarenanow wrote:I need to go back through this thread and read from the beginning.
Good luck with that. By the time you hit page 254, you'll have another 200 pages to read.
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

This thread should be required reading for prospective new LGP members.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

npv708 wrote:How many of you have actually watched enough Caps games to know how Semin actually plays (before April)

Exactly. The only players to score more points per game in the regular season since 2008 than Semin are Malkin, Ovechkin, and Crosby. I'd love to sign Semin to play with Malkin and score 90 points per season against teams 2nd D pairings while Sid tears it up against their first pairings. I'm just sayin, sign Jagr to a 1 year deal and make an offer to a top UFA winger next season. It's going to be a better UFA market than this one, that's for sure. Leino at like 4M? Pass. Gagne at like 5M? Pass. VRBATA at like 4M???? (pass.)
Last edited by malksby8771 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

npv708 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I need to go back through this thread and read from the beginning.
Good luck with that. By the time you hit page 254, you'll have another 200 pages to read.
And Jagr still won't have a decision.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Doogs »

Thanks. So the 3 hours I took off from my constant vigilance essentially saved me 3 hours...nice.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Daniel87 wrote:
npv708 wrote:
Yeah he will...it will be that his decision will come tomorrow...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

malksby8771 wrote:
npv708 wrote:How many of you have actually watched enough Caps games to know how Semin actually plays (before April)

Exactly. The only players to score more points per game in the regular season since 2008 than Semin are Malkin, Ovechkin, and Crosby. I'd love to sign Semin to play with Malkin and score 90 points per season against teams 2nd D pairings while Sid tears it up against their first pairings. I'm just sayin, sign Jagr to a 1 year deal and make an offer to a top UFA winger next season. It's going to be a better UFA market than this one, that's for sure. Leino at like 4M? Pass. Gagne at like 5M? Pass. VRBATA at like 4M???? (pass.)

Gagne is not getting $5M
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Doogs »

malksby8771 wrote:

Semin is a lazy Russian, that quit on the Caps last play-offs and fights like a 3rd grade girl...what more do you need to know. Pass.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

npv708 wrote:
Daniel87 wrote:
npv708 wrote:
Yeah he will...it will be that his decision will come tomorrow...

He's decided to make his decision tomorrow.
GJ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by GJ »

marek wrote:Svoboda was a flyer was he not?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

malksby8771 wrote:

He could score 1,000 pts per season, I hate him.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Troy Loney wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:

Gagne is not getting $5M
Then how will Florida, Colorado, Phoenix, Winnipeg, etc. get to the cap floor? Teams will HAVE to overpay for these guys since the floor went up so drastically.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I'd almost prefer a Lebron-style Decision show for Jagr, just because it presents the best chance for actually getting some kind of straight answer...unless:

Jagr: I've decided to take my talents....to take some more time to decide.
dogwithshftyeyes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dogwithshftyeyes »

jag(r)off
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pekkasteele »

Some here need to calm down. Sure, it is reported he would make a decision on Wednesday, but if there are suddenly a few new teams coming with offers, should he not wait and first consider those offers?

Also people assuming RS have not talked to Svoboda, he might have, and gotten the info that the decision will have to wait, since there are more, new offers on the table? It would be pure stupidity to just ignore them, for Jagr, just because RS wanted an answer yesterday.

If RS don't already know the answer, it will not affect what he does tomorrow, he know he can't wait for Jagr. He will do the right thing.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

npv708 wrote:I'd almost prefer a Lebron-style Decision show for Jagr, just because it presents the best chance for actually getting some kind of straight answer...unless:

Jagr: I've decided to take my talents....to take some more time to decide.
They'd come back from commercial and Jagr would be missing.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

newarenanow wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:

He could score 1,000 pts per season, I hate him.
Exactly. Who needs to tie up 6 million in a playoff quitter?
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

pekkasteele wrote:Some here need to calm down. Sure, it is reported he would make a decision on Wednesday, but if there are suddenly a few new teams coming with offers, should he not wait and first consider those offers?
No. No, he should not.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

pekkasteele wrote:Some here need to calm down. Sure, it is reported he would make a decision on Wednesday, but if there are suddenly a few new teams coming with offers, should he not wait and first consider those offers?

Also people assuming RS have not talked to Svoboda, he might have, and gotten the info that the decision will have to wait, since there are more, new offers on the table? It would be pure stupidity to just ignore them, for Jagr, just because RS wanted an answer yesterday.

If RS don't already know the answer, it will not affect what he does tomorrow, he know he can't wait for Jagr. He will do the right thing.
For a 250 page thread, we're remarkably calm....Aside from Lesky.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

Brett Favre is very much enjoying #Jagrwatch
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pekkasteele »

Daniel87 wrote: For a 250 page thread, we're remarkably calm....Aside from Lesky.
:lol: True
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

adambpsu
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by adambpsu »

FallenHero96 wrote:Brett Favre is very much enjoying #Jagrwatch
As he should be. There is no chance of throwing picks during Jagrwatch.
winger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by winger »

Steve Montador Blackhawks 4 yrs at 2.75 m pr yr.. there is a madness going on right now that worries me about tomorrow