What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
TheGhostofGoulet
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Post by TheGhostofGoulet »

Speaking of horrible singing, the "Heritage for the Blind" radio ads make me drive my car into a bus.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

the wicked child wrote:The Wendy's girl... I'm normally for anything with redheads, but there is something about her that really grates on my last nerve.
So I've seen the real Wendy who's older and then fake Wendy who is younger and apparantly the annoying one.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

shmenguin wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:If you have Save-A-Lot in your area, have you heard those horrible new commercials that has the woman (in full autotune pop song voice) singing about saving money? It's awful.
YES!!!

i saw it again yesterday and planned on posting it. it sounds like she took a bunch of opiates and then started singing while being stabbed in the brain.
haha, I can always rely on you to have heard these. I have only heard it on the radio, haven't seen the actual television spot.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

here's a slam dunk...those target commercials. unfunny people taking terrible songs from the 80's and making them about school supplies.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

shmenguin wrote:here's a slam dunk...those target commercials. unfunny people taking terrible songs from the 80's and making them about school supplies.
Just coming here to post the same. Congrats Target on having annoying commercials all year round.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

blackjack68 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:here's a slam dunk...those target commercials. unfunny people taking terrible songs from the 80's and making them about school supplies.
Just coming here to post the same. Congrats Target on having annoying commercials all year round.
Me, too. These commercials are terrible and annoying.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

1-877-Kars4kiiiiids. 1-877-Kars4kiiiiids. 1-877-Kars4kiiiiids....
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I can't even think of one of the Target commercials, maybe its local to Pittsburgh.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

PensFanInDC wrote:1-877-Kars4kiiiiids. 1-877-Kars4kiiiiids. 1-877-Kars4kiiiiids....
...donate your kids today.

I'm not sure what it's for, but there's annoying little girl that keeps saying, "she not newwww" "she's been here since kindergarten" in this whiny, probably red-headed voice...that needs to stop.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Idoit40fans wrote:I can't even think of one of the Target commercials, maybe its local to Pittsburgh.
I'm in Jersey.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

No, the Target commercials are nationally run and they suck.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i don't know which target commercials are worse. the current batch or the ones with this thing in them:
Spoiler:
probably the latter, but i think maria bamford is one of the worst allegedly funny people on the planet, so who knows
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Yeah, those Christmas ones were the worst. But I mute the current one with that woeman as well. Ugggh....
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Earlier got hit with a back to back combo of 5% cashback and Truvia. That has to be a level of hell.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

llipgh2 wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:
Me, too. These commercials are terrible and annoying.
In previous years' campaigns they've picked some pretty good college radio songs (e.g., "Tenderness" by General Public) seemingly intended to make Gen-Xer parents wax nostalgic. But I agree, the songs and overall idea of the current campaign isn't very good. The songs are horrible: "Mickey"? Ugh.

If I had to use the theme and Thomas Dolby, then I'd figure out how to do a history class with "Europa and the Pirate Twins."
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

The AMC "Not Available on Dish" commercials... WTF. I'm watching AMC, so... WTF is the point?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

JS© wrote:Image
I haven't even watched much of the game, much less the commercials, but I have to agree. WTF were they thinking?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

the wicked child wrote:
JS© wrote:Image
I haven't even watched much of the game, much less the commercials, but I have to agree. WTF were they thinking?
I'll see if I can find the write up of it when I get home, but it's a promotional article from the ad company who says the character is "fun". :face:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Found it:

For Fans, “It’s Serious Fun” with NFL Media This Season. New Campaign Created by David&Goliath Features Commercials for NFL Network’s Thursday Night Football and NFL.com Fantasy Football

With training camps underway, preseason games kicking off this weekend and the regular season just around the corner, NFL Media has rolled out a new campaign entitled “It’s Serious Fun.”

Developed by LA-based creative agency David&Goliath, the campaign recently debuted with three television spots: “Rooftop” and “Mountain” for NFL Network’s Thursday Night Football, and “Wheat Field” for NFL.com Fantasy Football. The fully integrated promotion, consisting of national TV, print, radio, online, events and on-air spots, will appear throughout the NFL season.

In the launch commercials highlighting Thursday Night Football and NFL.com Fantasy Football, “It’s Serious Fun” show that there’s more to football than Xs and Os. The spots depict the NFL as a source of entertainment and camaraderie, a catalyst for more fun, more excitement, more competition and more time with friends. David&Goliath brings the idea to life featuring a deadpan yet charismatic character who speaks in a serious tone…all while talking about the fun of Thursday Night Football or NFL.com Fantasy Football. He does so in locations that are purposely dramatic and serious, yet he’s quirky and engaging.

“This campaign marks an exciting new path for one of the strongest and best-established brands in America,” said David Angelo, Founder and Chief Creative Officer of David&Goliath. “We are proud to work with NFL Media and engage its fervent, loyal fan base that has a boundless appetite for NFL content.”

Two TV ads for Thursday Night Football take place in cinematic, visually engaging locations. The first, “Rooftop” (30 seconds), has our character atop a downtown building with skyscrapers and the lights of the city behind him. He speaks about the excitement of football, of the memories that await with the beginning of the September-through-December, 13-game Thursday Night Football season.

In the second, “Mountain” (30 seconds), set on an alpine vista amidst a herd of sheep, the character weaves a story about the fun of watching games socially, of giving and receiving high fives and man hugs among a group of friends. The spot for NFL.com Fantasy Football, “Wheat Field” (30 seconds), takes place in an expansive golden field of wheat, and our character delivers a soliloquy on how easy and fun it is to sign-up and play the NFL’s fantasy football game.

This NFL season proves “It’s Serious Fun” with the NFL Media properties.
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by jprolley »

"The new majority agenda" ads

It's not new, and it's not majority. It's just agenda.

edit: i guess i can put all political ads in this thread, but those ones are especially annoying.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

Those obnoxious kit kat ads!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

They really needed to ad a voice over ad during the trivia on Pawn Stars?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I never want to see another Summer Lovin' ad from Toyota again. They're repeating them even more than the Saved By Zero ads.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

JS© wrote:I never want to see another Summer Lovin' ad from Toyota again. They're repeating them even more than the Saved By Zero ads.
That would be Nissan. And yes, they're bloody awful.