Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
sprtn55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by sprtn55 »

Troy Loney wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Blame for madness:

Svoboda - 10%
Internet - 90%

No Rossi?
No turtles?
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

MARTIN STRAKA

Detroit. Could there be most useful after all in Detroit are accustomed to older players like Lidstrom. The team has the classic right-wing and Jarda to get unlimited space there. Moreover, the great centers like Zetterberg and Datsyuk, on which he founded. Pittsburgh would not vote because that is where Crosby, who can be vain. It might not make it good.
Is Straka going regret saying this?
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Post by darkstar57 »

Just read that official Vatican Twitter Account (@news_va_en)
@news_va_en: Even God doesn't know when #Jagrwatch will end.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

jhathhorn Jeff Hathhorn
TSN's Darren Draeger telling Seibel, Starkey and Miller that the Flyers have entered the mix for Jaromir Jagr.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Troy Loney wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:If they signed Jagr and that meant Leino walked...i'd be all for that decision from teh flyers brass.

1 step forward two steps back for them.
I doubt there'd be a significant difference in point production between Leino and Jagr. Jagr's probably more likely to get hurt or start drama, though.
right, except one will be productive into the future, and one might be productive this year.
If Brooks Laich got 4.5M per season, I'd assume Leino will get close to 4M. Jagr at 2M for 1 year >>>> Leino at 4M per, no matter how many years. The safe play is to sign Jagr for 1 year, hope the cap goes up even more, and sign someone next offseason. I seem to see a russian superstar named Alex from the Capitals listed as an UFA next season...
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

JarkkoVision wrote:It doesn't make any sense to me...

Come to Pittsburgh. Play for Mario, the one you said you owe so much to. Play for the best team in hockey. Do good, maybe play another year or two. Have your number retired and hanging up there with 66.
Sounds like a no brainer. Then again, maybe we're underestimating how close Tomas Plekanec and Jagr really are. :wink:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I wouldn't say it's 90% Svoboda has done a great job with this will he, won't he, he's gotten more offers bit. If I'm Shero, I'm looking ahead to a few players who were bought out today. Jagr is way better than them, but if he set a hard deadline, then abide by it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

llipgh2 wrote:Dejan, the voice of reason:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 44669.html

I agree with everything he has said, and this is the reason I don't care anymore.

I honestly hope the Pens, if there is no answer by say 5 today, just call up his againt and says, "give us an answer right now, if not, we rescind our offere and we are moving forward".

And that is it. No more games. No more waiting. Just take the offer away.
adambpsu
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by adambpsu »

Factorial wrote:
MARTIN STRAKA

Detroit. Could there be most useful after all in Detroit are accustomed to older players like Lidstrom. The team has the classic right-wing and Jarda to get unlimited space there. Moreover, the great centers like Zetterberg and Datsyuk, on which he founded. Pittsburgh would not vote because that is where Crosby, who can be vain. It might not make it good.
Is Straka going regret saying this?
I first want to know whether Straka said it. I don't have much faith in news out of eastern Europe anymore.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

If Jagr signs with another team, Shero should tell Svoboda that Jagr has to tell it to Mario's face.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I'm disappoint, Martin Straka.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

malksby8771 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:If they signed Jagr and that meant Leino walked...i'd be all for that decision from teh flyers brass.

I doubt there'd be a significant difference in point production between Leino and Jagr. Jagr's probably more likely to get hurt or start drama, though.
right, except one will be productive into the future, and one might be productive this year.
If Brooks Laich got 4.5M per season, I'd assume Leino will get close to 4M. Jagr at 2M for 1 year >>>> Leino at 4M per, no matter how many years. The safe play is to sign Jagr for 1 year, hope the cap goes up even more, and sign someone next offseason. I seem to see a russian superstar named Alex from the Capitals listed as an UFA next season...

LOL. Ovechkin, Crosby and Malkin signing in Florida to win the cup together :fist:

Wouldn´t that be awesome?
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

Regardless of his decision, Jagr will get quite the ovation during his first game at Consol.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

npv708 wrote:If Jagr signs with another team, Shero should tell Svoboda that Jagr has to tell it to Mario's face.
+1
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

Lesky wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:

LOL. Ovechkin, Crosby and Malkin signing in Florida to win the cup together :fist:

Wouldn´t that be awesome?[/quote

:face: .....no. I mean Alex Semin. You ruined the pun lol
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

Troy Loney wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:

Yeah. I'd take Leino over Jagr without question.

That's the funny thing with all this hysteria. Is Jagr really going to be that much of a prize? He was a 25 goal, 71 point player in his last NHL season, when he turned 36. Just to put that into perspective, when Selanne was 35-36, he was having 90+ point seasons. I bring him up because he's a guy who, into age 40, has regressed but has still managed 80 points as recently as last season (although he was not as productive and struggled with injuries in previous seasons). Jagr, turning 40 this year, is going to have regressed from where he was when he was 35 or 36. He's most likely a 50-60 point player if he could play a full season, which is nice, but probably not worth all of this.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

malksby8771 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:

If Brooks Laich got 4.5M per season, I'd assume Leino will get close to 4M. Jagr at 2M for 1 year >>>> Leino at 4M per, no matter how many years.
I couldn't disagree with this more. No way I give up a young asset for one year with Jagr. That's just horrible asset management.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I don't care about Straka. Hopefully he was just upset over his guitar strings breaking.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Daniel87 wrote:
JarkkoVision wrote:It doesn't make any sense to me...

Come to Pittsburgh. Play for Mario, the one you said you owe so much to. Play for the best team in hockey. Do good, maybe play another year or two. Have your number retired and hanging up there with 66.
Sounds like a no brainer. Then again, maybe we're underestimating how close Tomas Plekanec and Jagr really are. :wink:
I´m afraid Jagr does not care that much since he will live in Czech Republic. Would be a different thing if he had planned to live in Pittsburgh until he dies!
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Daniel87 wrote:Regardless of his decision, Jagr will get quite the ovation during his first game at Consol.
If he signs with the Flyers or Red Wings, he will be boo'd like never before.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

pittsports87 wrote:
Daniel87 wrote:Regardless of his decision, Jagr will get quite the ovation during his first game at Consol.
If he signs with the Flyers or Red Wings, he will be boo'd like never before.
Why limit it to those two teams?
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malksby8771 »

tonysoprano wrote:
malksby8771 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:

If Brooks Laich got 4.5M per season, I'd assume Leino will get close to 4M. Jagr at 2M for 1 year >>>> Leino at 4M per, no matter how many years.
I couldn't disagree with this more. No way I give up a young asset for one year with Jagr. That's just horrible asset management.
What asset would we be giving up by signing a UFA? I don't get your point
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Pretty sure Straka is still bitter about that weight machine that jumped out of nowhere and tried to crush his frail little body.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

newarenanow wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:Dejan, the voice of reason:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 44669.html

I agree with everything he has said, and this is the reason I don't care anymore.

I honestly hope the Pens, if there is no answer by say 5 today, just call up his againt and says, "give us an answer right now, if not, we rescind our offere and we are moving forward".

And that is it. No more games. No more waiting. Just take the offer away.
Why? Pens can't do anything until noon tomorrow anyway. These artificial deadlines mean nothing.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I said a couple dozen pages back that Philly would get him :pop: