The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Walking Dead - Season 3

Post by relantel »

I thought for sure they would leave the gunshot as a cliffhanger over until next week. Surprised they revealed that in the final segment. Great episode.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

the wicked child wrote:
Froggy wrote:i was watching something else, so i missed it
lol. I recorded it of course. Watched the first part between the 2nd and 3rd and finished up afterwards. Only problem now is trying to calm down enough to go to sleep. :scared:
We solved that by having the game on the laptop ;)
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

relantel wrote:I thought for sure they would leave the gunshot as a cliffhanger over until next week. Surprised they revealed that in the final segment. Great episode.
I think they had to do it to end that story arc and get ready for the war. What an end it was though.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

I have to say, I got a little emotional at the end. Not much, but more than I expected.

Now that's character building.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Awesome episode. It was emotional at the end, I didn't expect that to happen. I was glad that Darryl didn't walk into an ambush.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

somebody tell me what happened. i don't feel like watching it.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

just watched the replay and all I can say is WOW.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Daryl cries
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:somebody tell me what happened. i don't feel like watching it.
merrill went rogue and took michone to the governor. after about 5 seconds of conversation, she convinced him to become a good person. he let her go and ambushed the governor's people. but he got got and turned into a zombie. daryl found zombie merrill and stabbed his brain a hundred times while weeping.

the last scene was good (but it was a layup - how could they mess that up?) as was everything involving merrill, but there was a ton of pointless fluff going on in the prison that you're better off not watching. at least the michone red herring was redeemed a little. there was an actual purpose to that ridiculous premise of rick giving her up.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

So nothing with Andrea in the torture room?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Woodbury itself was not in the episode at all. Which was a good thing.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I feel better with Gimple running the show next season after last night and also Clear. It's also funny that these were Michonne's best episodes too.

Good lead in to the finale, with one episode left though I don't see this getting settled this season.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

DelPen wrote:I feel better with Gimple running the show next season after last night and also Clear. It's also funny that these were Michonne's best episodes too.

Good lead in to the finale, with one episode left though I don't see this getting settled this season.
I think it'll be your prototypical cliffhanger season finale - the episode will all be preparation and lead-up, and end just before the war begins.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Someone wanna tell me what happened last night. I don't care about the show enough to watch it anymore, but i kinda want to know what happened.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Idoit40fans wrote:Someone wanna tell me what happened last night. I don't care about the show enough to watch it anymore, but i kinda want to know what happened.
shmenguin wrote:
Froggy wrote:somebody tell me what happened. i don't feel like watching it.
merrill went rogue and took michone to the governor. after about 5 seconds of conversation, she convinced him to become a good person. he let her go and ambushed the governor's people. but he got got and turned into a zombie. daryl found zombie merrill and stabbed his brain a hundred times while weeping.

the last scene was good (but it was a layup - how could they mess that up?) as was everything involving merrill, but there was a ton of pointless fluff going on in the prison that you're better off not watching. at least the michone red herring was redeemed a little. there was an actual purpose to that ridiculous premise of rick giving her up.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

tfrizz wrote:
DelPen wrote:I feel better with Gimple running the show next season after last night and also Clear. It's also funny that these were Michonne's best episodes too.

I think it'll be your prototypical cliffhanger season finale - the episode will all be preparation and lead-up, and end just before the war begins.
On Talking Dead they showed a preview clip of the Governor and his men storming the prison. Also read earlier in this thread that there was going to be a high body count in the last episode.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Spoiler:
Glen getting married/engaged = automatic death.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Spangler wrote:
Spoiler:
Agree.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Spangler wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
for him or maggie?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

It's funny when people say they don't wanna watch the show or episode yet they wanna know what happened.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

SolidSnake wrote:
Spangler wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
for him or maggie?
Spoiler:
Glen. Most of the focus on the episode was on him instead of Maggie.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

SolidSnake wrote:It's funny when people say they don't wanna watch the show or episode yet they wanna know what happened.
makes sense to me. lately on this show, there's been a few minutes of relevancy surrounded by several minutes of garbage. if you're pressed for time, it's good to skip the garbage
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Why bother watching or caring at all then? Seems to me anyone that takes that approach don't like the show.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Stoosh »

Some thoughts...
Spoiler:
1. Wondered last night during the opening dialogue scenes Merle had with Rick & Carol how much longer they were going to continue with his character. The "loyalty to prison gang/Daryl vs. loyalty to Woodbury" thing had been played out, and there was no resolution on either side. He couldn't go back to Woodbury, but he was likely never going to be trusted enough to be absorbed completely into the prison group.

2. That said, the ending still took me by surprise. I figured it was still a possible set-up using the arc in the books - Merle was wounded by the gunshot, taken hostage, trotted out by the Governor in front of the prison gang as a last-ditch effort to make a deal (or fracture the prison group), then executed, which would kick off the war. The whole scene where Daryl discovers Merle was one of the better scenes this season.

3. I have only read up through the first compendium, which basically ends just about where they are now - with the only thing left the assault on the prison. As noted above, the teasers for the finale suggest we get there pretty quickly. There are some loose ends that still need to be tied up, obviously - Andrea, Milton (remember...the Governor found out he was the one who torched the walker pits). I'll be interested to see if they manage to bring Tyrese over to the prison group.

I'm waiting for one, maybe two people to be killed off that we never expected, kind of like Dale was at the end of last season. I think Glen's fate - given some earlier spoilers in this forum - is a foregone conclusion.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

SolidSnake wrote:Why bother watching or caring at all then? Seems to me anyone that takes that approach don't like the show.
I asked because I don't have a DVR, and I didn't want to pirate it or wait until next week to know what happened.