Other NHL games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Other NHL games

Post by PghSkins »

Extend this series!
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Also, how is Callahan a captain? He complains incessantly (hypocritical NY in regards to Sid) and is the definition of average for an NHL player. If Pascal Dupuis was worse at scoring goals, you'd have Ryan Callahan.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

Anyone else rooting for the Bruins? Let's get this series going.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Why do you think that a captain can't/shouldn't be average?
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

I'm not even sure NY has a shot on goal this period.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

bhaw wrote:Also, how is Callahan a captain? He complains incessantly (hypocritical NY in regards to Sid) and is the definition of average for an NHL player. If Pascal Dupuis was worse at scoring goals, you'd have Ryan Callahan.
Dupuis complains incessantly?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

columbia wrote:Why do you think that a captain can't/shouldn't be average?
I get that captain doesn't necessarily mean superstar, but typically you want your captain to be impactful. Seems like Callahan could be scratched next year and the Rangers wouldn't really feel it.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Gaucho wrote:
bhaw wrote:Also, how is Callahan a captain? He complains incessantly (hypocritical NY in regards to Sid) and is the definition of average for an NHL player. If Pascal Dupuis was worse at scoring goals, you'd have Ryan Callahan.
Dupuis complains incessantly?
skill wise. Dupuis never complains.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Ah, ok.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I don't agree with the Callahan hate, personally. I think he's an awesome captain and a quality player.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:You'll never believe this, but they just played "Country Roads" :face:
Anyone wearing a bikini at Bikini's?
Mmmmmmm. Hhmmmmm.

I'd take a picture. But I don't want to be thrown out.

(Bikini tops and short short short shorts)

They have a website.
Just checked it out. Only got 2 1/2 star rating, must be a "dive". :fist:
Yep, so I'm sitting at the bar drinking 25oz Dos Equis. the guy on the next stool is a 70 something bruins fan who retired down here 11 years ago. The girl behind the bar is sporting the shortest shorts in the bar and is barely covering a very ample 'top'.

She just complained to the gentleman next to me that she felt uncomfortable because a table of 30 something guys kept looking over at her... :face: Ummmm, honey... Nevermind
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Toews has a Cup ring and I think very little of him as a captain.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

note to self~ research torey krug. Kevin Dupont quipping he is now the 4th Norris nominee. Oh really.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

columbia wrote:Toews has a Cup ring and I think very little of him as a captain.
Crapton? :)
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I like when EPP posts from the bar because when I'm drinking at my house, it makes me feel like I'm doing something social... :thumb:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

mikey287 wrote:I don't agree with the Callahan hate, personally. I think he's an awesome captain and a quality player.
Not hate. I just think he's an average player who makes little impact on the team itself. I think his on ice whining is ridiculous, given how much the Rangers go after Sid for it, but I don't hate the guy. It seems weird that someone so, I guess "blah", would be the leader of a team.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

bhaw wrote:
mikey287 wrote:I don't agree with the Callahan hate, personally. I think he's an awesome captain and a quality player.
Not hate. I just think he's an average player who makes little impact on the team itself. I think his on ice whining is ridiculous, given how much the Rangers go after Sid for it, but I don't hate the guy. It seems weird that someone so, I guess "blah", would be the leader of a team.
To be fair, everyone knows who the true captain of that team is, he just isn't allowed to wear the 'C'.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

mikey287 wrote:I like when EPP posts from the bar because when I'm drinking at my house, it makes me feel like I'm doing something social... :thumb:
:fist: glad to be of service.

EPP posting from a bar... Seems like its far too frequent these days. Only the Bar/state/location seems to change. :(
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
bhaw wrote:
To be fair, everyone knows who the true captain of that team is, he just isn't allowed to wear the 'C'.
Nash?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

bhaw wrote:
Yeah, I didn't really mean "hate" but I was too lazy to fit another more appropriate word there. Didn't mean to mischaracterize your argument.

He's not super skilled, but he's one of the hardest workers in the league, he finishes fairly well, his work rate really is contagious, it's a safe bet that he's the bravest player on the rink at any one time, the best shot blocking forward in the NHL, he can play all three forwards positions, he can play in any situation...he's an old school player and something of an old school captain's choice...

I do think he's a quality player on both sides of the puck though...there are few players I'd rather go to war with (as opposed to against) than Ryan Callahan, total warrior.

Great vision? Nah. Super sniper? Nope. But he's blood and guts...not to mention, none of the high paid skill guys last more than 18 months on the Rangers anyhow, can't keep changing your captain every playoff series... :? :slug:
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Krug will get stapled to the boards by Cooke and Kunitz
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I forget who it was, I think Gaucho maybe, said something a number of pages ago about the Bruins rookie defense being suspect. And I quoted that post and typed, "Torey Krug isn't bad, he could surprise some people...quality little offensive guy from Sparty Nation..." ...I backed it out and didn't post it because I just thought it was unnecessary. Would have been pretty cool now, not that I would have predicted this kind of goal scoring certainly...but he caught my eye back at MSU and in short stints in the pros here...good for him making an impact under the bright lights...
JeanPronovost
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by JeanPronovost »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:You'll never believe this, but they just played "Country Roads" :face:
Mmmmmmm. Hhmmmmm.

They have a website.
Yep, so I'm sitting at the bar drinking 25oz Dos Equis. the guy on the next stool is a 70 something bruins fan who retired down here 11 years ago. The girl behind the bar is sporting the shortest shorts in the bar and is barely covering a very ample 'top'.

She just complained to the gentleman next to me that she felt uncomfortable because a table of 30 something guys kept looking over at her... :face: Ummmm, honey... Nevermind
EPP, is that the Bikini's in North Dallas near I-35?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Meh...I wouldn't underestimate the ability of rookie defensemen to screw the pooch in the playoffs.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

JeanPronovost wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:
Mmmmmmm. Hhmmmmm.

They have a website.

EPP, is that the Bikini's in North Dallas near I-35?
Same chain, different location. I'm sitting in the original location just north of Austin on that same I-35.