Non-Pens NHL Games Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Non-Pens NHL Games Thread

Post by offsides »

columbia wrote:I'm good for one more period; too much to do in the morning.

Some people don't have to worry about such things. #offsides
I got a lot to do also. Plan on getting a haircut and cutting the grass all in the same day. :)
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Sweet.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Wooooo
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by guiner »

Marty looked scared, and committed real early on that one.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

And the Kings continue to win.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Rylan wrote:And the Kings continue to win.
Undefeated on the road in the playoffs, just unreal.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

No comments on the game - but Edzo needs to be quiet. 9 times out of 10 he makes a stupid, unnecessary, inane or just plain incorrect point. Let Pierre talk, whether people like him or not, he knows the game better than anyone on television...
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I thought the Devils should have won this game. They missed some really close chances, but could have had 4 or 5 goals in regulation and I think they'll bounce back and we'll have a good series. I wasn't impressed with the Kings all that much. Quick, yes. The team, no. I think if the Devils play the way they played the Flyers and Rangers and go full force on the forecheck, they'll get to their D.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I think the fact that the Kings won this game, after a 9 day layoff does not bode well for the Devils in this series.

Kings will be better on Saturday...

That was a great move on Kopitar on the OTG....good stuff...
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

One thing the devils organization does great is to adjust to their opponents. on to game 2!
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

mikey287 wrote:No comments on the game - but Edzo needs to be quiet. 9 times out of 10 he makes a stupid, unnecessary, inane or just plain incorrect point. Let Pierre talk, whether people like him or not, he knows the game better than anyone on television...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Yes, that's Darren Pang. He understands the game fairly well, but not at the overall level that Pierre does. Panger has got him beat with goalies though...for obvious reasons.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

The subtle interference that happened on every shift to players on both teams last night was absolutely maddening.

That being said. 3 more wins Kings. DO IT.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Malkamaniac wrote:The subtle interference that happened on every shift to players on both teams last night was absolutely maddening.

It wasn't one of the prettiest games I've seen, that's for sure.
The net effect was feeling like they were skating in mud. Blech...Whatever, I really hope the NHL doesn't think this is the way forward.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

guiner wrote:Marty looked scared, and committed real early on that one.
If anything, he should've committed earlier and surprised Kopitar, who fumbled that pass a bit. Easy to say in hindsight though.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

mikey287 wrote:No comments on the game - but Edzo needs to be quiet. 9 times out of 10 he makes a stupid, unnecessary, inane or just plain incorrect point. Let Pierre talk, whether people like him or not, he knows the game better than anyone on television...
2 seconds into the game, "they may need to think about switching up the lines."
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

This could be the Pens in the finals if we would have just traded Malkin for Brown, Kopitar and Quick.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

SolidSnake wrote:
that was the head coach in him! ;) I can't decide if when Doc asks Edzo's coaching questions, or makes a reference to his coaching, if it is a subtle jab! :P
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

"Travis Zajac wears a piece of tape on his leg inside the sock with a 4 leaf clover drawn on it, as a good luck charm that dates back to his days in junior, when he picked up the habit from a homeless man he found living under a bridge one night when he was out with his friends playing mailbox baseball with the louisville slugger he got for his 15th birthday, even though he wanted some new skates or maybe even rollerblades so he could play hockey in the summer, since it gets pretty warm in southern manitoba about May, and that lasts all the way into late october sometimes, theres simply no mountains to hold the cold fronts in and create the environment they need to get a good sheet of ice to play on. Who does that remind you of Edzo?"
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

penny lane wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
that was the head coach in him! ;) I can't decide if when Doc asks Edzo's coaching questions, or makes a reference to his coaching, if it is a subtle jab! :P
Doc knows the game and serves up soft balls for Edzo to hit (so does Pierre with these lead-in questions, "Eddie, fair to say that Alex Semin just needs to get that puck on net instead of making a pretty play?" [long pause] ... [dead air] "Yeah, Pierre...stick on stick, stick on puck, forwards have the D, D have the forwards"

And Edzo picks on the most ridiculous things in games...like how about last night, on the power play, Zach Parise is in the corner waiting for a 2-on-2 scrum to dissipate at the point is Peter Harrold. They have the scrum surrounded on either side, the guys on the half-boards are instructed to kick it to the corner. If it looks like they can't figure it out, then the guy from the corner jumps in and tries to get it to the point and the point then changes the angle of the play by throwing it across the ice to the weak side. Boy wonder there goes, "look at Parise, he has to get in on that puck battle...ok roll it..." and then Parise joins the fray and Edzo just goes into dead air for a second...

With all due respect, Edzo has no business telling Zach Parise what to do out there. Zach knows better than you. He's already been more impactful in his career than you were. And he probably could have coached the Penguins better as an 18 year old than you did when you were 40 or whatever...
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I personally like Pierre. He lives and breaths this sport and that comes across during the broadcast. I mean sure he gets caught up on certain players, but that doesn't really bother me because he is pretty fair across the board.

I agree with mikey. I think Pierre is the best out there and has the most knowledge...
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Haha I hope that is Emerick taking jabs at Edzo, I wish Edzo's tenure in Pitt could be erased. It's kind of embarassing
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I know it's for TV purposes and understand why, but there has only been one game played in like the last 8 days. Kind of sucks.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Malkamaniac wrote:The subtle interference that happened on every shift to players on both teams last night was absolutely maddening.

It is the new NHL. Might as well quit complaining about it. Pens will have to learn how to adjust to it and learn to do it themselves.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

One of the big bullet points in the GM meetings, is how interference, hooking, and other obstruction fouls are handled. CBA changes are often a good time for transition in that respect, for whatever reason.