The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Walking Dead - Season 3

Post by DelPen »

So Scott Gimple was responsible for two of the best episodes in the series, Clear (finding Morgan) in S3 and Pretty Much Dead Already (Sophia in the barn) in S2. He also wrote Save the Last One when Shane shot Otis, and 18 Miles out where they go to dump Randall with Mazarra. He also wrote Hounded this season which I liked and he wrote next weeks episode.

Otherwise, Mazarra brought us Wildfire, filler episode form S1 where nothing happens except they abandon Jim, Bloodletting, another boring episode, and Better Angels which was OK but was only saved by the ending.

Mazarra wrote last episode. Two weeks ago was Ryan Coleman, he hasn't done anything else, hope it stays that way.

So here's the test, if next week is great then we will surely know Mazarra is the problem when he gets too involved and the show should be in good hands with Gimple.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

Spangler wrote:I thought the Governor was about to whistle "Zelda's Lullaby" for a second.
:thumb: I thought that too. That would have been an incredibly weird cross-over moment.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

nocera wrote:I'm guessing we weren't supposed to be rooting for Andreas death as much as we were. On the bright side, I'm looking forward to her getting tortured.
Yeah, at first I was thinking maybe the Governor or Rodriguez would come as she was leaving Woodbury and force Tyrese to shoot her to prove his loyalty or something. Then I was thinking maybe the zombies in the woods would get her. Then I hoped the zombies in the warehouse would get her. Finally, I was hoping Rick mistook her for a zombie and took her out from the guard tower.

All that said, I don't think I dislike her enough to enjoy seeing her get tortured.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I thought the charred zombies (in the pit) were a really nice touch.....still undead.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensHckyFan79 »

columbia wrote:I thought the charred zombies (in the pit) were a really nice touch.....still undead.
Watched the episode last night on my DVR and I thought that was one of the coolest scenes and visual effects done in a while I loved it.

Really anxious to see how this season plays out.

Anyone else having issues trying to keep the comics and the show straight (especially since I haven't read the comics in a while). I keep saying to myself oh oh thats from the comics or that didn't happen in the comics. Not sure if its fun to do that or if I'm going to drive myself crazy. (Similar events are happening to me with GoT) :? :? :?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Ok this is the first time I ever posted in this discussion because I was late to the party with the Walking Dead. I'm very picky when it comes to TV shows, I don't watch everything and anything. The X-files has been my favorite show the past 16 years and it has finally overwhelmingly taken over by The Walking Dead. No show ever has had me on the edge of my seat and wanting to watch the next episode asap. I'm about to go to bed so I will post my thoughts/opinions on the show and characters later. I do know that once season 3 is over I will go back and start over again watching from season 1. I think and wouldn't be surprised if this show held the mantle of my new favorite show for a long time if not ever.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

SolidSnake wrote:Ok this is the first time I ever posted in this discussion because I was late to the party with the Walking Dead. I'm very picky when it comes to TV shows, I don't watch everything and anything. The X-files has been my favorite show the past 16 years and it has finally overwhelmingly taken over by The Walking Dead. No show ever has had me on the edge of my seat and wanting to watch the next episode asap. I'm about to go to bed so I will post my thoughts/opinions on the show and characters later. I do know that once season 3 is over I will go back and start over again watching from season 1. I think and wouldn't be surprised if this show held the mantle of my new favorite show for a long time if not ever.
But.. but.. don't have you have any nitpicks that ruin the show for you? Like how slow the plot moves along? Or how horrible Andrea is? Or how Carl never stayed in the house? Or how nobody knows the name of Hershel's blonde daughter?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Lol....what is her name?
Last edited by FreeCandy44 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

nocera wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:Ok this is the first time I ever posted in this discussion because I was late to the party with the Walking Dead. I'm very picky when it comes to TV shows, I don't watch everything and anything. The X-files has been my favorite show the past 16 years and it has finally overwhelmingly taken over by The Walking Dead. No show ever has had me on the edge of my seat and wanting to watch the next episode asap. I'm about to go to bed so I will post my thoughts/opinions on the show and characters later. I do know that once season 3 is over I will go back and start over again watching from season 1. I think and wouldn't be surprised if this show held the mantle of my new favorite show for a long time if not ever.
But.. but.. don't have you have any nitpicks that ruin the show for you? Like how slow the plot moves along? Or how horrible Andrea is? Or how Carl never stayed in the house? Or how nobody knows the name of Hershel's blonde daughter?
I do hate Andrea lol hated her since the 2nd episode. Glen has been getting on my nerves too. I also am a fan of Carl. :thumb: Micchone talking about getting that cat art thing or whatever it was had to be one of the funniest/coolest moments of the series. I am also a Micchone fan as well.
ShaPe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ShaPe »

Am I the only person that doesnt hate Andrea? Is it bad acting or bad character?
I think there are worse acting jobs and characters on the show so that Andrea doesnt bother me :D
There are lot of stuff that bugs me about the show and Andrea is not in the top 5 or 10
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

You probably are.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I find Andrea annoying but there are annoying people in real life (Hi!!). Her acting is forced at times and her dialogue is poorly written. These are not concerns of mine though. I can still enjoy the show.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I don't care about her acting or her dialogue, I just hate what they have the character do. So unbelievable.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I think Laurie Holden does a great job, I seen an interview of her and she was extremely nice and seemed like a great person. I never read the comics but I think I was caught off guard of how much of an impact Andrea's character would have. I honestly expected her to get waxed in season 1 or even at the scene while that herd came to the farm. The fact she's still going surprised me.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

BTW, Hershel's daughter's name is Beth...Beth Greene
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Twisted Wrister wrote:BTW, Hershel's daughter's name is Beth...Beth Greene
I used to call her girl that sings
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Sounds made up.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

nocera wrote:
Sounds made up.
Yeah, what kind of name is Beth...Beth, anyway?

:wink:
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Now's a time where they could of used Shane to help out with this war.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

SolidSnake wrote:Now's a time where they could of used Shane to help out with this war.
And T-Dawg. Everyone forgets about T-Dawg.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

nocera wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:Now's a time where they could of used Shane to help out with this war.
Who? Oh, you mean the black guy who never said anything. Or was that Vincent? :lol:
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

nocera wrote:
Haha yea T-Dawg was awesome. Especially the last few before he died. I did like Shane though, the scene where they find Sophia, where Shane shoots (I think Hershel's wife) to show how the zombies aren't human was bada**

My own prediction of what might happen for the season finale
Spoiler:
That Merle will end up dying saving Judith or Carl, just a feeling.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Now that episode was great. I'm sure it had nothing to do with a certain character not being in it. :pop:

Seriously though, it was one of the best of the season.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

i was watching something else, so i missed it
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Froggy wrote:i was watching something else, so i missed it
lol. I recorded it of course. Watched the first part between the 2nd and 3rd and finished up afterwards. Only problem now is trying to calm down enough to go to sleep. :scared: