LGP Political Discussion Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Political talk

Post by PensFanInDC »

Grunthy wrote:You're right, inhaling smoke into your lungs is a good thing... :roll:

Near me would be if I am breathing in the smoke or vapor in any capacity. Again, if I willingly go to a place, ex. bar, that I know has it I don't get peeved.
Let's say I am standing outside of a building smoking an e-cig and you exit said building. Will you punch me in the face?
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

I'm with Grunthy on this. Some people who vape, if I'm in close proximity to them for 10-15 minutes, my eyes get irritated and swell up slightly. Maybe they are buying low-quality stuff (though I don't think so, knowing them), but why should I have to pay the price for their addiction?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Grunthy wrote:You. There haven't been many studies, or enough for them to link lung cancer yet. They were however able to link, chronic bronchitis and many other respiratory illnesses to it so far.
uh huh.

i said it doesn't cause lung cancer. i then said the studies (which there are many) show that lung cancer rates are essentially identical between pot smokers and non smokers.

from that, and only that, please tell me where you got, "inhaling smoke into your lungs is a good thing". because it's not a good thing. but it doesn't cause lung cancer. but neither does alcohol or shooting heroin.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Tico Rick wrote:I'm with Grunthy on this. Some people who vape, if I'm in close proximity to them for 10-15 minutes, my eyes get irritated and swell up slightly. Maybe they are buying low-quality stuff (though I don't think so, knowing them), but why should I have to pay the price for their addiction?
i don't like it either if i'm sharing the same stagnant air as a vaper or smoker. if i did either, i would probably feel very uncomfortable infecting someone else's personal space that way.

but like PFIDC is saying, if we were just crossing paths outdoors...eh. go for it.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I like to think I am a very considerate smoker. If I am in public I will do whatever I can to get as far away form people as possible before lighting up or hitting my e-cig. But to hear someone say the things like Grunthy has would make me want to blow my smoke in his direction. I wouldn't, of course. But that attitude grinds my gears.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Grunthy wrote:You're right, inhaling smoke into your lungs is a good thing... :roll:

Near me would be if I am breathing in the smoke or vapor in any capacity. Again, if I willingly go to a place, ex. bar, that I know has it I don't get peeved.
Let's say I am standing outside of a building smoking an e-cig and you exit said building. Will you punch me in the face?

A lot of places and laws don't allow this(standing right outside of a building), but many people break it. I would probably tell you off.
Last edited by Grunthy on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Lolololol
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

Grunthy wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:

A lot of places and laws don't allow this, but many people break it. I would probably tell you off.

The nicotine influence is far above some guy peeing his pants about smoke, especially outside. Nobody would care.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Yeah, if a person has the inclination to punch people smoking outside. I would think there is a rage/mental/anxiety issue there that's more unhealthy than the nicotine use.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

I don't mean punch literally. Good lord, people. Have you all ever used the expression "I'm so mad I could punch something." Calm down I was saying the same thing.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Thousands of scientific articles suggesting humans contribute to global warming: nah can't be real. A single article suggesting e-cigs create formaldehyde: gots to be real.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

count2infinity wrote:Thousands of scientific articles suggesting humans contribute to global warming: nah can't be real. A single article suggesting e-cigs create formaldehyde: gots to be real.
the very essence of non-scientists arguing about science.
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

Grunthy wrote:I don't mean punch literally. Good lord, people. Have you all ever used the expression "I'm so mad I could punch something." Calm down I was saying the same thing.
But what if the person had a punchable face?
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

You're right. It's the hottest it's been since this time thousands of years ago. Let me know when they show definitively that any of this is out of the norm for the earth's natural cycles.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

If Grunthy was an adult pre-1990, he would have been a nicotine/tobacco is addictive and harmful denier.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Probably not. It doesn't take a genius to realize breathing foreign substance in your lungs is a bad thing.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

But not all scientista agreed that is was addictive and harmful. The tobacco industry has a number that disputed that fact.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Grunthy wrote:Probably not. It doesn't take a genius to realize breathing foreign substance in your lungs is a bad thing.
don't know. i think you underestimate the challenges some people have with things like simple reading comprehension.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Grunthy wrote:Probably not. It doesn't take a genius to realize breathing foreign substance in your lungs is a bad thing.
except for people that are having an asthma attack...
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

count2infinity wrote:
except for people that are having an asthma attack...

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/02/04/s ... ad-asthma/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Good then they can get chronic bronchitis. That'd be good for a person with asthma.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Ya know... humans have been burning things and breathing the smoke (on purpose or accidentally) for thousands of years. Let me know when they show definitively that any of this is out of the norm for the human's natural cycles.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Stupidity( in regards to human race)is natural as is climate. Thanks for proving my point. :pop:

Added the parenthesis before anyone accused me of something.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Willie Kool wrote:
Grunthy wrote:Just don't light up next to me in a public place outside of designated smoking establishments or I'll punch you in the face. Same goes with cigarettes.
LOL. Do you often punch people in the face if they light a cigarette near you outside in public?
I've slapped a cigarette out of someone's mouth before. That was fun.