Post by Kicksave »

Senka wrote:im staying on Jays :pop:
I didn't realize IrishEyes was playing this game. :pop:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: WWE/WCW wars GAME THREAD!

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:Just to add... the reason I switched to dagny is because she always gets mad at people for voting off "thinking" players when there isn't a lot to go on. However, she said she willing to vote for senka or NAN, two players who would generally be considered "thinking" players.
I'm home from work.

First: No matter how much they put their thinking caps on, if they have minimal participation, they don't do us much good as "thinking" players.

I have general rules of thumb that I like to follow, but it doesn't mean I'm unable to adapt based on circumstances. I've also been unsuccessful in the last few games, so I'm willing to try different approaches. I did last game, too.

It seems that a lot of people expect players to play/do the exact same way from game to game. If that's how you play, more power to you. (You, in general)

MWB wrote: Other players on her participation list that don't generally say a lot include Hockeynut and Zaro, so why wouldn't they be front runners? Also, NAN said he would be on very little, if at all, this weekend.
I don't understand the above question. The following quoted post, which is the first time I mention any names I'll vote for, seems to have hockeynut as a front runner.

dagny wrote:Ok, I had time to go through and count the posts. Though, after doing that, I see we have pretty good participation. It's not like there's anyone with, like, 2 posts, or anything.

But, I took the time to count, so here goes:

Lowest amount of posts in thread -

NAN -- 11

Hockeynut -- 11

canaan -- 13

Loney -- 13

slappy -- 14

Zaro -- 14

Senka -- 14

So, barring any "compelling" evidence, I could go with a NAN or hockeynut vote.

I also could not figure out where you came up with me wanting to vote for Senka. I see my mistake. It's at the bottom of the page the above was posted on.
dagny wrote:
MWB wrote:
dagny wrote:Ok, I had time to go through and count the posts. Though, after doing that, I see we have pretty good participation. It's not like there's anyone with, like, 2 posts, or anything.
That's why I said this was a problematic position in my last post. There aren't inactive people.

dagny wrote: But, I took the time to count, so here goes:

Lowest amount of posts in thread -

NAN -- 11

Hockeynut -- 11

canaan -- 13

Loney -- 13

slappy -- 14

Zaro -- 14

Senka -- 14

So, barring any "compelling" evidence, I could go with a NAN or hockeynut vote.
Really? You want to go with the two people that have two or three less posts than other people? I could see if they only made one or two posts, but your going after people who have made a decent number of posts. And at least for NAN, someone who is usually a thoughtful contributor. This goes against what you usually say.

I'm hesitant to say this, but I'm in agreement with bhaw on this. I've placed a vote for redwill, but I could go with dagny based on inconsistencies.
I promised myself that, barring anything concrete to go on, I would stick with voting for the least active people this game, in the early phases. We always say we're going to do this, but we never do.

When I took my notes, that's what I was focusing on. Everything about what I wrote down then has changed, including a good amount of bad guys being eliminated. What I wrote then, is moot now.

I've missed the previous votes, so I haven't had the chance to vote the way I wanted to.

Right now, I have no concrete suspicions, so I went with what I promised myself. However, as I stated, it showed me that most people are participating. In sticking with what I promised myself, I'm willing to vote for Senka or NAN.

I'm slowly finding myself open to a redwill vote, which I've really held back on because I don't want to be retaliatory. However, the way he's posting, the attitude, and some of what bhaw pointed out, are at least something, no matter how minute, to go on, besides low post count in the thread.
I meant to say Hockeynut here, not Senka. Sorry about that. I have no idea why I typed Senka. As the preceding sentence (in blue) indicates, I promised myself I'd vote for the least active (at the time), which was hockeynut and nan, as I stated in my previous post.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

redwill wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Really though, out of everyone here the past two days, You've been the biggest d-bag with most of your posts. If that gets modded, I apologize. Jerk just isn't a strong enough word at this point.
Game aside:

Really? Is that the consensus opinion? I honestly apologize if that's the case. I think I've been a bit edgy, but only in a whimsical kind of way.

If you folks would like to vote me off for this alleged offense, please do so. I will gladly go.

No longer game aside:

Just get Malkamaniac, too.
(No. I've mentioned my fondness for you many times. This is just the game, and we are playing roles.)

Malkamaniac, I hope you remember that.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

So, I've been thinking, dagny...

I'm a jerk for saying you've been inconsistent (which you have been) and that you're too intelligent to make the obvious moves?!

Wow...I'd hate to hear what you call people who are actually mean to you...sheesh.

And, Senka...of course you're staying on me...why wouldn't you? Afterall, all I did was call you out and then bhaw pointed out that your usual craziness has subsided into 11 posts (now 13 or so)...

Kicksave...brilliant!

So, to summarize:

I call bhaw, senka, and dagny out and then immediately become one of their top suspects...:roll: Whatever, I'll vote for dagny or senka this round, unless the seer comes out for some reason (hopefully not, unless absolutely necessary) and says they've found a baddie.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

people are taking things way too personally this game. not fun.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

canaan wrote:people are taking things way too personally this game. not fun.
Ugh. Shut. Up.

:pop: :scared: :pop:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

dagny wrote:
redwill wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Really though, out of everyone here the past two days, You've been the biggest d-bag with most of your posts. If that gets modded, I apologize. Jerk just isn't a strong enough word at this point.
Game aside:

Really? Is that the consensus opinion? I honestly apologize if that's the case. I think I've been a bit edgy, but only in a whimsical kind of way.

If you folks would like to vote me off for this alleged offense, please do so. I will gladly go.

No longer game aside:

Just get Malkamaniac, too.
(No. I've mentioned my fondness for you many times. This is just the game, and we are playing roles.)

Malkamaniac, I hope you remember that.
lol I know that. I enjoy Redwill to the max. Which is why we kissed and made up last page.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

This will be my last one for awhile I fear.

It's just getting to that point.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Well said.
jaysmiter wrote:
Ugh. Shut. Up.

:pop: :scared: :pop:
Well said.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

So I'm bascially catching up over the weekends chatter.

Seems like a whole lot of nothing except fighting between players so far.

I'll post my thoughts once I'm done.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

wow, seriously? it's a game people. joking or not, people need to chill a bit
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

newarenanow wrote: Seems like a whole lot of nothing except fighting between players so far.
Exactly, but we didn't post so we're targets. :?

I really don't see how posting garbage or complaining about slow RPs or all of the other things people do to get their post counts up helps the game but NOT doing those things hurts it and makes one a target.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'd like to clarify because it seems even Dagny picked up that I was angry at redwill?

One post does not even contemplate me being angry at Redwill. I'm not sure how a one post thing, and then me saying no worries in the second post constitutes as fighting with someone.

If it wasn't aimed at me cool.

I'm just not sure I understand Dagny's calling me out, for saying one thing. Considering I even said, I figured this was your role redwill, I wouldn't vote you out for that"

This just literally blows my mind.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Malkamaniac - 2 (bhaw, redwill)
crayz - 1 (Zarovich)
dagny - 1 (MWB)
jaysmiter - 1 (Senka)
newarenanow - 1 (slappybrown)

9 to pin

Have not yet voted:

crayz
Troy Loney
canaan
jaysmiter
newarenanow
dagny
Hockeynut!
count2infinity
Malkamaniac
MikEnIke

I think that's right.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Malkamaniac wrote:I

If that were true you wouldn't by able to type it was happening.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

pin mikeenike
hes a flyers fan :pop:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

MWB wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I

If that were true you wouldn't by able to type it was happening.
His mind is blown. His fingers are apparently fine.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

agree, I'm actually glad I got taken out early now. I'll probably hang it up for a while if this is how it's gonna be.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

canaan wrote:pin mikeenike
hes a flyers fan :pop:
now there's some reasoning i can get behind!!!

pin mikeenike
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Personally, I didnt think anyone was mad at anyone. I thought redwill was being funny.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Hockeynut! wrote:
newarenanow wrote: Seems like a whole lot of nothing except fighting between players so far.

I really don't see how posting garbage or complaining about slow RPs or all of the other things people do to get their post counts up helps the game but NOT doing those things hurts it and makes one a target.
Yeah, I just rarely ever post from home, and being snowed in and having the weekend, I just wasn't on here much.

I used to just post a bunch of crap in the earlier games. Get into discussions not pertaining to the game. But it just creates a bunch of confusion and buries actual clues in pages and pages of posts. I'm all about getting discussion going if it pertains to the game because it draws out clues, but the infighting and other crap just clutters the game, and I just don't have the time anymore to go through pages of crap.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

newarenanow wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:

Yeah, I just rarely ever post from home, and being snowed in and having the weekend, I just wasn't on here much.

I used to just post a bunch of crap in the earlier games. Get into discussions not pertaining to the game. But it just creates a bunch of confusion and buries actual clues in pages and pages of posts. I'm all about getting discussion going if it pertains to the game because it draws out clues, but the infighting and other crap just clutters the game, and I just don't have the time anymore to go through pages of crap.
I see what you're saying...but, here's the thing. If bhaw and I hadn't gotten into whatever it was we got into, it may not have been made so crystal clear that Senka, usually a major poster, only had 11 posts at the time. Something is shady with that, don't you think.

The entire game shouldn't be a bunch of fighting, but I do think there is a place for it and it can reveal some information.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Based on reading this weekends results, I'm thinking dags, malka or redwill is one of the baddies.

Dags is just playing a totally different style than she usually does. Maybe it's because she really does want to try a different approach to the game. I know I have in the past few. But then again, I know how hard it was being a baddie last game, it just makes you nervous you are going to screw up and reveal yourself, so this may be the case here too. I don't know.

redwill and malka's going back and forth, whether serious or not, just creates confusion. If one of them is a baddie, they are doing a good job drawing a villager into a squabble to take focus off the game. However, if one of them is good and is voted out, the other will be the next target, and with so few baddies left, I don't think they'd want to draw the attention to themselves.

To get the game moving, I'm going to pin dags

I can be persuaded to change though once she wakes up.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

jaysmiter wrote: I see what you're saying...but, here's the thing. If bhaw and I hadn't gotten into whatever it was we got into, it may not have been made so crystal clear that Senka, usually a major poster, only had 11 posts at the time. Something is shady with that, don't you think.

The entire game shouldn't be a bunch of fighting, but I do think there is a place for it and it can reveal some information.
Yeah, your fight was different though. To me, it wasn't personal. It was related to the actual game and it was a good game discussion. And that draws out clues.

I forgot all about Senka.