Mad Scientist Warz Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Mad Scientist Warz Game Thread

Post by columbia »

MWB wrote:Does someone have a vote count?
That would be nice to have.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Vote Count:
1- Willie Kool (teib)
1- TheHammer24 (Willie Kool)
1- ps87 (columbia)
1- IE (Pen48quins)
2- Benny (MWB, TH24)
Takes 9 to lynch.

I think this is right?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Okay, so I just read through pages 7-16 rather quickly though. PS87 screamed good guy (green or blue) and Columbia went after him/her (did we ever figure this out)? He claims green though. I am big on not going after a claimed green because it's usually an horrible idea, but do we even know who the greens roles are? Can we even refute Columbia's claim? Just keep that in mind because it might explain his claim but attack evidence. What is Columbia's justification for PS87?

Redwill is now claimed green because Columbia used his resurrect power (allegedly), right? Is it possible that Columbia was originally an independent, then started working with redwill but the two are trying to blend as green? Does the game ever play out like that?

Benny was going hard after redwill after we said "We think a red will go after redwill." That could be flaunting what we said as an effort to make it look so stupid to deflect attention. Benny was also in late on some of the votes to finish people off.

I am not big on a Benny vote, but I also don't think Benny is green, so that's important. I guess, I'm somewhat sticking with Benny. However, the seer should definitely be looking at Columbia for his erratic play.

Gaucho was raising my eyebrows as I read, but I can't remember why any more.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Reading through looking for votes, I could see why Benny could be suspicious.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Couple things:
Columbia claims to be "The Scientist," presumably the main green, based on the initial write up, so it is refutable.

Benny was going after redwill soon after he came back, not after someone mentioned a red would do that, unless I missed something. He then started backing off redwill.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

MWB wrote:Couple things:
Columbia claims to be "The Scientist," presumably the main green, based on the initial write up, so it is refutable.

Benny was going after redwill soon after he came back, not after someone mentioned a red would do that, unless I missed something. He then started backing off redwill.
You did. He went after redwill right away. Then after the night and write up, someone said that, and Benny went after redwill again.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Okay. Let's figure something out. What roles are there? I am pretty new to this but it seems like you guys are assuming too much into what already seems like a kind of whacky game.

Gaucho doesn't really concern me any more, but it is strange that he kept going after PS87. His annoyance with non-participation seemed genuine though. I won't vote for Gaucho yet.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

if its a typical game, there would be an angel, a seer, and a vigilante for the greens. for the reds generally an alpha that calls in the kills and two minions that can take over when the alpha is killed.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Gaucho is going after Columbia.
Columbia is going after ps87.

Roles:
Scientist (known, because it's in write up)
Angel (in pretty much every game)
Seer (also in most games)

Based on what Columbia said, he's basically a vig-type with a little added.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Rylan wrote:if its a typical game, there would be an angel, a seer, and a vigilante for the greens. for the reds generally an alpha that calls in the kills and two minions that can take over when the alpha is killed.
What is the Independents twist?

To me, it seems possible that Columbia started out independent. Grabbed Redwill. And they combined forces and have some special powers. Would explain Redwill's claims.

I actually also don't know why the Redwill stuff fizzled out.

I'm for Benny, but I can come off of it pretty easily. I could get behind a Redwill vote; he's basically said he can't do anything for us. I think Columbia is the person we need to see the most.

Also: What do we know from the write up so far? Perhaps we're missing stuff there.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

TheHammer24 wrote:

You did. He went after redwill right away. Then after the night and write up, someone said that, and Benny went after redwill again.
Ah, what shaf said? No one pays attention to him.
:pop:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Gaucho would be best to describe being independent, since he was one. Independents are out for themselves and they win if red and green both lose. They are either solo players or a tandem, which is my reason for suspecting columbia and redwill of being independents. They have either shared info with each other because both have concluded with resounding assurance that shad is blue.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Hammer, regarding independent...
Columbia claimed to be the scientist. This IS a role in this game. Someone is "the scientist." if he's lying, the true scientist would be able to refute him. That's why I doubt he's independent.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

MWB wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:

Ah, what shaf said? No one pays attention to him.
:pop:
Yeah I'm talking myself in circles. I was just about to post that I think the Reds would want to go after Redwill even though I personally think we should go after Redwill. Shrug. I'm not too hot on Benny. I am going to regroup, I guess.

Save Benny for now.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Rylan wrote:Gaucho would be best to describe being independent, since he was one. Independents are out for themselves and they win if red and green both lose. They are either solo players or a tandem, which is my reason for suspecting columbia and redwill of being independents. They have either shared info with each other because both have concluded with resounding assurance that shad is blue.
I think they can communicate, Columbia cleared him and told redwill. That's why redwill said he wouldn't answer any questions about how he knew.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Rylan wrote:Gaucho would be best to describe being independent, since he was one. Independents are out for themselves and they win if red and green both lose. They are either solo players or a tandem, which is my reason for suspecting columbia and redwill of being independents. They have either shared info with each other because both have concluded with resounding assurance that shad is blue.
This is a theory that I arrived at too and independently from anything you said.

However:
mwb wrote:Hammer, regarding independent...
Columbia claimed to be the scientist. This IS a role in this game. Someone is "the scientist." if he's lying, the true scientist would be able to refute him. That's why I doubt he's independent.
If this is the case, it would come out later in the game right? I.e. the real scientist would stay the scientist (or is he or she a vig) and then kill the Red when it was okay to out himself?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

right. but thats the only reason i have a feeling columbia is bad.

but at the same time i agree that if he wasn't the scientist he'd be refuted by now.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Columbia/redwill/ps87 will all be cleared up in good time. It would be foolish to vote for any of them now. Need to focus on other players now.

I still like Benny or doc. Could also get behind an IE vote based on her history of being a quiet bad.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Benny's incriminating posts
ahh back just in time for the precarious 11th vote. I'll be dat.

yellow EPP
According to canaan, classic baddie move. Non-committal about their voting.
I'll vote. Yellow redwill

Nobody (that I can think of) comes back from the dead and is good for us.

....especially in mad scientist wars.
He always has a half-ass explanation for his votes.

another one
can always get behind a vote for a silent player. that being said i still think we need to decide whether or not we're gonna trust redwill. PRO's of trusting him: -he's been brought back for us because the red's killed him (we've seen that before, and at best he's a JOAT?) -obhave wrote this story...
Lynch Benny
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Lynch Benny
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I went after ps87 until he claimed green. I still think his claim seemed more plausible than columbia's, but to be honest I'm more concerned with the 3 or 4 people that, at best, pop in from time to time to say something inconspicious and then vanish again.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Gaucho wrote:I went after ps87 until he claimed green. I still think his claim seemed more plausible than columbia's, but to be honest I'm more concerned with the 3 or 4 people that, at best, pop in from time to time to say something inconspicious and then vanish again.
You're probably right but what can we do?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Start a bandwagon.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Vote count:
1- Willie Kool (teib)
1- TheHammer24 (Willie Kool)
1- ps87 (columbia)
2- Benny (MWB, th24)
1- IE (Pen48guins)

Takes 9 to lynch.

Sorry for being MIA today, was at the Frozen Diamond Faceoff.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

Spoiler:
TheHammer24 wrote:Benny's incriminating posts
ahh back just in time for the precarious 11th vote. I'll be dat.

yellow EPP
According to canaan, classic baddie move. Non-committal about their voting.
I'll vote. Yellow redwill

Nobody (that I can think of) comes back from the dead and is good for us.

....especially in mad scientist wars.
He always has a half-ass explanation for his votes.

another one
can always get behind a vote for a silent player. that being said i still think we need to decide whether or not we're gonna trust redwill. PRO's of trusting him: -he's been brought back for us because the red's killed him (we've seen that before, and at best he's a JOAT?) -obhave wrote this story...
Lynch Benny
my posts half-assed? really? Thoght provoking, plausable, verbose at times, transparent maybe, hell I'd even accept distracting. But half-ass? c'mon. Maybe you're just projecting on me. I mean what's your play been like to date? Those quotes dont even merit a defense (but im gonna :wink: ) You think im the type of level 1 player who jumps on the last vote of a blue if im red? And if my 2nd quote is incriminating then you might want to look into MWB next. He and ps87 were right there with me calling for redwill's execution since he came back. quote 3 was nothing but conjecture and was a great point of conversation moving forward. should i have omitted my thoughts?

if you read my posts and say to yourself, that's what a red would say, then you fancy me to be a pretty talented red. And if that is what you think then you need not acuse me of these basic tells. But if you find youself saying, he's not that good, then read my post and ask yourself why in the world i'd say those things?

the good news is, my views are already out there. so if i die and come up blue, maybe then i'll be worth more to the village because everything i wrote can be trusted. and if that is the case then i'm alright with that. hopefully i've done some good for us. besides if i ever make it to the warz hall of fame i want to go in as a blue anyways. i'd always be blue if it were up to me.