*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by jaysmiter »

Malkamaniac wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:salt malkamaniac

Just a gut feeling after seeing you post "I'm holding my vote blah blah blah" like 36 times since this past night.

lol twice is 36 times eh?
hyperbole, my dear watson.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

jaysmiter that is the FIRST post you have made since this game started....you haven't even voted for a salting yet, nor offered anything else. Now malkamaniac trys to err on the side of caution before we bandwagon lynch another hapless villager, and you suddenly want him silenced?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

This is a catch-22. If we salt off the "vets" they are also normally ones that contribute a lot of good thoughts. So while there is probably a good chance that one of the slugs is a vet (just would have to be 1 out of 4), it seems that the alpha could just as easily be someone who hasn't played much and is getting advice. Not really sure which way would be the best to go though.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

lol, either way, It's theory, and I'm glad it's brought up. This is an important round either way, so whatever we got, let's say it.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Let's think of it this way. And I know that there are those who don't like to go refer to past games, but Juice is an amazing player. Even if he's not the alpha, I think it's a pretty safe bet that he was recruited, or he'd have been eaten already.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Juice wrote:First of all, I try to avoid talking at night at all costs. Second, I was busy typing ^^^
Sorry, I do see that you were typing something long and drawn out there.

I'll be honest, i am torn between you and npv right now. npv is a lot smarter than people think, and I don't buy the "stupid noob" argument with him. It is so easy to just say "go after the people that aren't contributing, and keep the thinkers around so we have a chance!". That makes easy, defenseless targets...meanwhile, the slugs are increasing their numbers while we take out noobs who are just guilty of being quiet.
First off, I am not a slug. Especially not the alpha slug, and here's why. I've never been an rp, which is kinda upsetting. Secondly, If i had the ability to go after people, I gurantee PFIDC, canaan, and you would have been some of the first gone. Considering all of you are still here, I am not a slug.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

IrishEyes wrote:Let's think of it this way. And I know that there are those who don't like to go refer to past games, but Juice is an amazing player. Even if he's not the alpha, I think it's a pretty safe bet that he was recruited, or he'd have been eaten already.
I like that logic as well, and didn't really think of it that way. I feel like if it is a noob alpha, they are going to WANT to recruit someone that

A) will be trusted by most of the village (thus deflecting the focus away from him)
B) will bring a lot of experience to the table and give the Alpha the strongest chance to survive
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

IrishEyes wrote:Let's think of it this way. And I know that there are those who don't like to go refer to past games, but Juice is an amazing player. Even if he's not the alpha, I think it's a pretty safe bet that he was recruited, or he'd have been eaten already.

While I'm not making a decision early, I feel strong about this sentiment. Juice is around and has seen almost every game, because he's mod. He knows the strategery of almost every player that was an RP, and he's a valuable asset to the slugs. However, he's also a valuable asset to us villagers. However, he'd of been the first converted being the most valuable.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

npv708 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
Juice wrote:First of all, I try to avoid talking at night at all costs. Second, I was busy typing ^^^
Sorry, I do see that you were typing something long and drawn out there.

I'll be honest, i am torn between you and npv right now. npv is a lot smarter than people think, and I don't buy the "stupid noob" argument with him. It is so easy to just say "go after the people that aren't contributing, and keep the thinkers around so we have a chance!". That makes easy, defenseless targets...meanwhile, the slugs are increasing their numbers while we take out noobs who are just guilty of being quiet.
First off, I am not a slug. Especially not the alpha slug, and here's why. I've never been an rp, which is kinda upsetting. Secondly, If i had the ability to go after people, I gurantee PFIDC, canaan, and you would have been some of the first gone. Considering all of you are still here, I am not a slug.
May I ask why I would have been gone?
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

shafnutz05 wrote:jaysmiter that is the FIRST post you have made since this game started....you haven't even voted for a salting yet, nor offered anything else. Now malkamaniac trys to err on the side of caution before we bandwagon lynch another hapless villager, and you suddenly want him silenced?
Yup. I was too busy drinking and playing WoW yesterday to care. Plus the first few "days" are usually pretty boring. Couple that with not receiving a PM about a role...yeah, didn't care much at all. But, I'm up and WoW is down so I figured I'd catch up.

Like I said, it was a gut reaction. You don't have to vote with me. Whatever. That's my vote and my thoughts.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

May I ask why I would have been gone?
because your musk is so wonderful.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Malkamaniac wrote:

While I'm not making a decision early, I feel strong about this sentiment. Juice is around and has seen almost every game, because he's mod. He knows the strategery of almost every player that was an RP, and he's a valuable asset to the slugs. However, he's also a valuable asset to us villagers. However, he'd of been the first converted being the most valuable.
good points. i agree.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

jaysmiter wrote:Yup. I was too busy drinking and playing WoW yesterday to care. Plus the first few "days" are usually pretty boring. Couple that with not receiving a PM about a role...yeah, didn't care much at all. But, I'm up and WoW is down so I figured I'd catch up.

Like I said, it was a gut reaction. You don't have to vote with me. Whatever. That's my vote and my thoughts.
I didn't seriously consider you as a prime suspect, but thought it was worth bringing up...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

PensFanInDC wrote: May I ask why I would have been gone?
I really don't know, but since my self-lynching two games ago, I've really wanted to get rid of you...

in the nicest way possible of course... :thumb:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I'm gone for the rest of the day at school, first I have to help teach a class, then I have a class. ugh. I'll be back around 10pm.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I think the alpha is either targeting profile players right now to either:

1. Draw attention to them, maybe subconsciously direct the salting to those types & recruit low key guys
2. Make it look like he wants them dead, while instead recruiting the other profile guys like canaan & juice

I think its odd to go off of recruiting early in order to off guys like beerman & nan...

jwienand took a lot of the big guys and that worked...i feel like if i were the alpha again i would recruit inactives and just dictate everything myself...the first time i wanted to bring active guys over to my side for their input...just thinking about how i would do.

salt jaysmiter

you remind me of loaf...not around a ton and just kind of float around for most of the game.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

honestly, i think this has been a pretty productive vote conversation so far. I think we're pretty on-point that at least 1 of the slugs is a talking player at this point. juice, pfidc, shafnutz, malkamaniac, are all pretty active and could fit into this scheme. i kinda want to give it a couple more posts before i commit to one of these, but this is what im coming down to.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

canaan wrote:honestly, i think this has been a pretty productive vote conversation so far. I think we're pretty on-point that at least 1 of the slugs is a talking player at this point. juice, pfidc, shafnutz, malkamaniac, are all pretty active and could fit into this scheme. i kinda want to give it a couple more posts before i commit to one of these, but this is what im coming down to.

Good deal, can we get more people to explain their thoughts as well? We have 30 or so people and have only heard from like 10, if you've got a thought let's hear it and analyze it.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

If voting for me makes you happy, Troy, by all means go for it. I'm just a regular plant or animal or whatever the hell we're supposed to be this time. I just think it's funny you say "you remind me of loaf...not around a ton and just kind of float around for most of the game." It's been one actual day, not "most" of the game. I appreciate the use of hyperbole (I just used a heaping spoonful myself), but let's not get out of control here.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Sorry if I rush salt people, and do off the wall comments....this is my first game played, still learning as I go along.

Part of my strategy is to call out people and see their reactions. When I first mentioned npv, albeit randomly, an instant defensive who are you response came....I called out neo based on his slug love in the forum yesterday...if he feels pity for the slugs then either way its win-win :D

I understand the idea of discussing things more before voting...the only fear is the ones who discuss strategy I would think are the ones the slugs are going to want to eliminate. Or, they are themselves slugs but hiding it by trying to slow down knee-jerk reactions and make people think logically...as long as they don't think it is them.

Going back to npv - A few posts ago mentioned he has never been an rp and that if he was he would vote off canaan and others.......One could think that those would be his logical steps and obvious steps, so he does the opposite to stay hidden. (btw i believe npv is guy, if not...change all he's to she's :)

sorry npv :thumb:
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

canaan wrote:honestly, i think this has been a pretty productive vote conversation so far. I think we're pretty on-point that at least 1 of the slugs is a talking player at this point. juice, pfidc, shafnutz, malkamaniac, are all pretty active and could fit into this scheme. i kinda want to give it a couple more posts before i commit to one of these, but this is what im coming down to.
I was thinking along a similar path, It seems to me that regarding the types of players going down, and this theory, beerman posted quite a bit, nan somewhat too.

So recruit a vet/player that can help water the garden, recruit the quiet type [whom there are a lot of]

But when it comes to feeding time, they're going after the big guns, players that contribute quite a bit.

But, that's just how I've seen it play out thus far.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Personally, I think Juice would be target number one. Look at it this way...an experienced player knows that he is good and knows that he knows a ton about this game. A new player knows the name and is familiar with him being the mod of the previous games. If he wasn't a roleplayer to start the game, he probably is a slug now.

Or he isn't. I have no idea.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

jaysmiter wrote:If voting for me makes you happy, Troy, by all means go for it. I'm just a regular plant or animal or whatever the hell we're supposed to be this time. I just think it's funny you say "you remind me of loaf...not around a ton and just kind of float around for most of the game." It's been one actual day, not "most" of the game. I appreciate the use of hyperbole (I just used a heaping spoonful myself), but let's not get out of control here.
It's hard not to think of prior games...i'm very open to changing my vote.

I think it's time to stop offing noobs because they're quiet...i think we need to try and make a concentrated effort to consider the type of player the alpha might target, then take a look at the list and make the best possible choice...
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Irisheyes makes a good point about juice even if he isnt the alpha he is prob a slug

but I am leaning more towards PFIDC as the alpha slug at this point.

salt PFIDC

his interaction this game is a little off his normal crazy banter in game (which could mean nothing )

the noming seems in line with something he would do... but Juice would prob be a recruit
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I think it's time to stop offing noobs because they're quiet...i think we need to try and make a concentrated effort to consider the type of player the alpha might target, then take a look at the list and make the best possible choice...
This please, regardless of slowing the game down or not, we've done nothing as a village to out anyone. It's time to start playing the game, instead of bandwagon.