Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Willie Kool »

PghSkins wrote:Totally irrational one- I hate when other people are also out walking or running when I go out for my run during lunch at work. If I am out there, it's my sidewalk!
:lol: :thumb: I'm like that on my mtn bike. I do like having a 'rabbit' to chase, but everyone else GTFO of my way. This trail is mine!!!
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by RJW76 »

Can't stand the LLWS on TV.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

The lack of cold beverages and normal bottled water in Europe.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Rylan wrote:I hate people who drift outwards to make a turn. Example, a person making a right turn drifts out to the left to make the turn. This is completely unnecessary and just annoys me.
i do this all the time if i'm getting tailgated around my neighborhood. i want to make it as inconvenient as possible for the jag behind me, so a make big swooping turns. said jag can't speed up and go around me on the left when i do this.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I got asked to fill in today at a different branch, and even tho i've been at this job for over a year, and have worked at this particular branch many many times, I get to spend the day hearing every customer "ohhh you're new here" "heyyy, we got a new guy" and my personal favorite which I've heard twice already this morning, "so and so knows what to do, you're new"
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Physical_Graffiti wrote: Speaking of Bautista, it irritates me how his name is pronounced : With overemphasis on the first syllable.

Jose BOWtista

It also irritates me that his name is pronounced Bow-tista and not Buh-tista
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

Do people realize you can make a right turn on red??? When no cars are coming? SIGH
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PenguinSteve-o wrote:Do people realize you can make a right turn on red??? When no cars are coming? SIGH
This drive's me nuts too.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:Do people realize you can make a right turn on red??? When no cars are coming? SIGH
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 0#p1747355" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Shyster wrote:
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 0#p1747355" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm with you Shyster. There aren't many of them, but there are certain spots where I can't believe that they allow RTOR. I'm not taking any chances at those spots and I wait until *I* feel comfortable before moving forward.

Probably part of my reticence results from the fact that my mother was in a horrific accident back in 1979 where she was T-Boned in the drivers side door by a Jeep Wagoneer. The force of the impact caused her to have her left leg amputated and sent her head bouncing off the passengers door causing serious head trama. She spent the last 24 years of her life as an invalid and fought issues resulting from the head injury.

I know Harmervile Rehab center better than I care too and to this day I still can't drive through the intersection of Sample Rd and Mt. Royal Blvd.

Go ahead, honk. I ain't moving until I'm sure that guys turn signal really means he's turning.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I'll only beep at someone if it is obvious that they can turn as there has been no traffic. If someone is just sitting there idly when there is no traffic, then they are not paying attention or they don't have the proper reflexes or depth perception to being driving a car.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Personally, my pet peeve are these "Rice Rocket" riders who weave in and out of traffic at about 50 mph faster than the rest of the traffic is moving.

We have "Parkways" up here that are pretty packed. The other day I was driving on a parkway with speed limit of 55. I was going with the speed of traffic which was probably 65/70. All three lanes were pretty full. There was much more than 2-3 car lengths between vehicles. This "Rice Rocket" creates his own lane and comes blasting up between me (in the center lane) and the guy immediately next to me in the fast lane.
He proceeds to weave back and forth between all three lanes at about 95/100 mph.

What males it worse is that he had a female passenger on the back.

Sheesh
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i bet that dude has the fast & furious on dvd.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by rasbatch »

ExPatriatePen wrote:Personally, my pet peeve are these "Rice Rocket" riders who weave in and out of traffic at about 50 mph faster than the rest of the traffic is moving.

We have "Parkways" up here that are pretty packed. The other day I was driving on a parkway with speed limit of 55. I was going with the speed of traffic which was probably 65/70. All three lanes were pretty full. There was much more than 2-3 car lengths between vehicles. This "Rice Rocket" creates his own lane and comes blasting up between me (in the center lane) and the guy immediately next to me in the fast lane.
He proceeds to weave back and forth between all three lanes at about 95/100 mph.

Sheesh
but I signaled you must not have seen it, plus scaring chicks gets them in the mood.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

Line cutters in any situation, espicially in a car, where 2 lanes goto one, and people drive right to the cones and squeeze their way in. I hate that to no end. Best thing i ever saw was a person do that, and the one guy would not let him in, he must of hated line cutters also, so this idiot squeezes his way in and slams into the car infront of him, LOL hahaha. That guy drives around him laughing his butt off looking at the guy. The guy who hit the car infront of him was madder than ever, it was his own damn fault.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

ExPatriatePen wrote:Personally, my pet peeve are these "Rice Rocket" riders who weave in and out of traffic at about 50 mph faster than the rest of the traffic is moving.

Sheesh
Don't go to California. The motorcycles there will make you plotz.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

no name wrote: must of
Pet peeve
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

PghSkins wrote:
no name wrote: must of
Pet peeve
Agreed.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

no name wrote:Line cutters in any situation, espicially in a car, where 2 lanes goto one, and people drive right to the cones and squeeze their way in. I hate that to no end. Best thing i ever saw was a person do that, and the one guy would not let him in, he must of hated line cutters also, so this idiot squeezes his way in and slams into the car infront of him, LOL hahaha. That guy drives around him laughing his butt off looking at the guy. The guy who hit the car infront of him was madder than ever, it was his own damn fault.
actually they are not line cutters. they are doing what everyone else should be doing. USE BOTH LANES TO THE MERGE POINT. its not on the sign for fun and games. use both lanes then alternate turns. its really not something to get bent out of shape about because you refuse to read the sign.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

joopen wrote:
no name wrote:Line cutters in any situation, espicially in a car, where 2 lanes goto one, and people drive right to the cones and squeeze their way in. I hate that to no end. Best thing i ever saw was a person do that, and the one guy would not let him in, he must of hated line cutters also, so this idiot squeezes his way in and slams into the car infront of him, LOL hahaha. That guy drives around him laughing his butt off looking at the guy. The guy who hit the car infront of him was madder than ever, it was his own damn fault.
actually they are not line cutters. they are doing what everyone else should be doing. USE BOTH LANES TO THE MERGE POINT. its not on the sign for fun and games. use both lanes then alternate turns. its really not something to get bent out of shape about because you refuse to read the sign.
I like to use the closed lane to the merge point. The thing is, I don’t “use” that lane any faster than the cars in the non-closed lane. So I just pace the car next to me. I love watching drivers behind me have seizures of anger because I’m not rushing to the merge point at full speed.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I'll only beep at someone if it is obvious that they can turn as there has been no traffic. If someone is just sitting there idly when there is no traffic, then they are not paying attention or they don't have the proper reflexes or depth perception to being driving a car.
this.

99 times out of 100, the person is either an idiot, or not paying an adequate amount of attention. it's almost never just out of cautionary reasons
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

joopen wrote:
Well everyone else was smart enough to get in the lane that was going to be open, this guy goes right to the front, passing up the people who know how to read the sign that this lane is closing. You would of thought he would of gotten in like the rest of us.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

no name wrote:You would of thought he would of gotten in
Now you're doing it on purpose.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Baseball announcers:
"If that ball gets past him, it's definitely a run."

If that ball had gotten past him, numnutz.