What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Post by Idoit40fans »

shafnutz05 wrote:Any commercial that makes gratuitous use of toddlers saying the slogan of the company/car dealership in a cheesy way. It doesn't make me want to use the company's products or buy cars, it makes me want to kick the kids through the uprights
I will never buy a Mazda because of the Zoom-Zoom thing. The kid wasn't a toddler, but its the same annoying situation.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

My computer is fast! FINALLY! finally fast dot com!

i cant say exactly what i want to do to those people on the family board, but rest assured every maddenfollowing one of them would spend the rest of their short lives in agonizing torture.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

shafnutz05 wrote:.I can't remember the last time I wiped my *** with a 3 week old labrador retriever
speak for yourself. :shock:
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Stoosh »

I have all Youtube references firewalled at work, so I'm not sure if this one has been mentioned, but...

Justin Case from SafeAuto needs to be thrown into a box and launched into the sun. Do I really think a 20-something guy stuck in the office at 11:00 PM by himself fielding phone calls from people who need car insurance is THAT enthusiastic about his job? And if he is, that dude is either getting paid $80 an hour or he's created his own level of LOSER.

I will say, too, that for a company whose advertising budget probably exceeds the GDP of some third-world countries, McDonald's produces a lot of garbage commercials. My favorites are the "What We're Made Of" ads that make it seem like the lettuce on your Big Mac was just bought from someplace in the Strip District that morning.

The "Give me back that Filet o' Fish" ad was pretty funny when it first came out, though.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

The ridiculous amount of Walmart ads that are currently playing. Lets be honest - the people in those commercials look nothing like the real, average Walmart shoppers and the stores are never that clean or nice-looking.

And I am so glad to see that others hate Gus as well. That creepy little groundhog puppet...
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

There are two...Flo and the Progressive commercials. I want to stab her to death with a rusty shiv.

And, there's a commercial that airs on the food network or travel channel, but it's basically a Sutter Home extended commercial talking about how you should have wine and fresh fruit at your next football party. What kind of people get together and drink wine and make their own flipping sangrias before and during the "big game"?!

I also hate the phrase "big game"...especially when it's referring to "any" game.
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

shafnutz05 wrote:Any commercial that makes gratuitous use of toddlers saying the slogan of the company/car dealership in a cheesy way. It doesn't make me want to use the company's products or buy cars, it makes me want to kick the kids through the uprights
I agree. I hate the commercial of the baby buying stock on internet.

And though the newer GEICO caveman commercials are pretty lame compared to the first ones, they're all 100 times better than any of the GEICO stack of money commercials.

EDIT: It's not a commercial, but the kid on youtube doing the Herb Brooks' "Miracle on Ice" speech makes me want to puke also. Watching it once was more than enough for me.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Tico Rick wrote:
I agree. I hate the commercial of the baby buying stock on internet.

And though the newer GEICO caveman commercials are pretty lame compared to the first ones, they're all 100 times better than any of the GEICO stack of money commercials.

EDIT: It's not a commercial, but the kid on youtube doing the Herb Brooks' "Miracle on Ice" speech makes me want to puke also. Watching it once was more than enough for me.
I hated that stupid kid.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Pretty much every commercial during the MLB playoffs. I hate that moonrock moonrock moonrock moonrock pos commercial for Avis
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Kaizer wrote:My computer is fast! FINALLY! finally fast dot com!

i cant say exactly what i want to do to those people on the family board, but rest assured every maddenfollowing one of them would spend the rest of their short lives in agonizing torture.
haha. i'm starting to love that commercial.. my computer used to be really fast. but now it's just kinda fast.

i've hated that commercial, but i realize i like thinking about how bad it is.

but things like that gecko or that groundhog, i HATE thinking about them. i like the moneystack commercials. they're harmless and random enough.

i hate the tgif commercials. the guy, "hotdog it, i'll tell you what we're eating" and then the girl who i think is rachel ray doing the other commercial. just the voice. i hate that squelchy voice.

i LOVE anthony hopkins doing a radio commercial advocating a healthy diet. i usually turn it up when it comes on. it's terrible but the way he pronounces KAN..SAIR is very appealing.

i hate those commercials about car oil. dude driving in his see-through car with the pistons and valves pumping gangbusters. he gets a smug smile on his face. and they're saying, when your car's running well, you FEEL it.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

The Pizza Hut commercial with Dan Breuer was terrible. I mean, Dan Breuer? He's been obsolete for 10 years. Also the Pizza Hut pizza Mia commercial where the guy keeps asking stuff and faints because his pizza is just $5 or whatever.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Lol. You mean Jim? :)
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

the wicked child wrote:Lol. You mean Jim? :)
Well, that's just how obsolete he is.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

LeopardLetang wrote: i hate those commercials about car oil. dude driving in his see-through car with the pistons and valves pumping gangbusters. he gets a smug smile on his face. and they're saying, when your car's running well, you FEEL it.
OH man...you just reminded me of the other commercials I hate.

I despise those Cadillac commercials that get all like creepy sexual about people and cars. "When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?" It's just...furry-level weird.

I also hate that american express commercial that talks about the rewards with Geena Davis. Her husband says "we can use our points to go on vacation" and she says "no we can't I used a VACATIONS AMOUNT WORTH OF POINTS to buy this dress lol teehee." And he just smiles and laughs...if my wife did that...I wouldn't be smiling and laughing. More like screaming and punching.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

the wicked child wrote:Lol. You mean Jim? :)
Lol... yes. Case in point :D

:face:
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

jaysmiter wrote:
LeopardLetang wrote: i hate those commercials about car oil. dude driving in his see-through car with the pistons and valves pumping gangbusters. he gets a smug smile on his face. and they're saying, when your car's running well, you FEEL it.

I despise those Cadillac commercials that get all like creepy sexual about people and cars. "When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?" It's just...furry-level weird.

I also hate that american express commercial that talks about the rewards with Geena Davis. Her husband says "we can use our points to go on vacation" and she says "no we can't I used a VACATIONS AMOUNT WORTH OF POINTS to buy this dress lol teehee." And he just smiles and laughs...if my wife did that...I wouldn't be smiling and laughing. More like screaming and punching.
that was geena davis??? huh
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

LeopardLetang wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:

that was geena davis??? huh
Maybe...maybe not. Looks like her.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

MESSIN' WITH SASQUATCH
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

ASPEN DENTAL

GOD THE DENTIST WAS THE WORST THING EVER

THANKS ASPEN DENTAL FOR SAVING MY EXISTENCE!
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

jaysmiter wrote:
LeopardLetang wrote:that was geena davis??? huh
It was bothering me because the woman looked familiar to me but I couldn't place her so I googled it - it's Molly Culver, though I can't say I've ever seen any shows she's been on...
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

wallflower wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
LeopardLetang wrote:that was geena davis??? huh
It was bothering me because the woman looked familiar to me but I couldn't place her so I googled it - it's Molly Culver, though I can't say I've ever seen any shows she's been on...
Either way...how could someone seriously spend a vacation's amount of points on a dress and look their husband in the eye and say it's no big deal?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:ASPEN DENTAL

I do have the slight urge to knock that guys teeth out. But since he survived a hurricane and an avalanche, undoubtedly at the same time, he might prove a worthy adversary.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:ASPEN DENTAL

Great call on those.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

jaysmiter wrote: It was bothering me because the woman looked familiar to me but I couldn't place her so I googled it - it's Molly Culver, though I can't say I've ever seen any shows she's been on...
Either way...how could someone seriously spend a vacation's amount of points on a dress and look their husband in the eye and say it's no big deal?[/quote]

well if my wife looked that hot in a dress at that age, she could do pretty much whatever she wanted.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
jaysmiter wrote: It was bothering me because the woman looked familiar to me but I couldn't place her so I googled it - it's Molly Culver, though I can't say I've ever seen any shows she's been on...
Either way...how could someone seriously spend a vacation's amount of points on a dress and look their husband in the eye and say it's no big deal?

The woman in that commercial looks like a cross between cindy crawford and julia roberts. she is stunning.