Post by PittPensFan »

Thumbs up on the mole and silencer.

Thumbs down on the baker.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Mafia Sign-up Thread!!

Post by Senka »

MWB wrote:I like the mole and the silencer. Not so sure about the baker though.
3 days is steep. The baker is in a sense helping the Mafia. If they find them, they limit the village. Which if the Baker dies, day one, games over.

In addition, the Mole is already on the Mafia side. Adding two helpful roles to the Mafia (wolves) is making it more one sided. It was fairly even with them. Also... If the Mafia Mole is a 4th Mafia member... I think they should just work for them. Like Know & speak only to the godfather... He doesnt need to know who the other 2 Members are. That way when he makes inquiries, he reports only to the Godfather, and maybe has to act independently on MOLEing... Idk i was just saying.. im trying to figure out a way to Even it back out. idk.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

i was thinking the mole should not know even the godfather. the mole should just interact with the mod. the mod should only reveal info to the mole if the mole guesses an innocent role player. then the mole could decide if he wants to claim to be the mole and announce who the detective, etc. is but at risk of his own getting lynched next and also at risk that he won't be believed. this way, regular players could pretend to be the mole if they think they are about to be lynched and feel like they think they know who a mafioso member is. and more.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

LeopardLetang wrote:i was thinking the mole should not know even the godfather. the mole should just interact with the mod. the mod should only reveal info to the mole if the mole guesses an innocent role player. then the mole could decide if he wants to claim to be the mole and announce who the detective, etc. is but at risk of his own getting lynched next and also at risk that he won't be believed. this way, regular players could pretend to be the mole if they think they are about to be lynched and feel like they think they know who a mafioso member is. and more.
I like this idea. Instead of adding what would amount to another mafia member, it would give the mole the ability to decide their own alignment.

Also, I don't like the idea of the baker.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

take that question mark away i'm in
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

The Mafia Baker idea is too helpful to the Mafia IMO. It has no value to the town. Besides, in the times of the mafia, they had to eat more than bread!
*Wheres that Butcher & Pasta Shoppe at? (While we're at it, We need a candlestick maker. okay i lied.)*

But yeah. The whole Mafia Spy thing, if he can only interact with the MOD, it makes the mod like the middle man... But there are 3 questions regarding that:

1. The Mole is on the Mafia's side, right? if you give him an option to be on either, then you would essentially have 2 SEERS. blah.

2. When the Mole gets his info, does it say "Admin is the doctor" or will it say "Admin is a role player"...? (i'd vote number 2; That means he can tell the mafia, and make them investigate it further. Obviously if its one of their own, then the info is meaningless, otherwise, its good info. Also, would the Mole be allowed to only report role players, not townspeople? if they do verbalize townspeople, it would cut the killing selection in half...)

3. Can the mole waste one of his nights and tell them he is a role player? Like ordinarily, it wouldnt be wise, because a role player other than the MAFIA would be assumed not technically their spy... but in some extreme cases, maybe it can use used correctly... just saying -- clear that up early. And same goes for the Silencer, can they Silence themselves?? To throw people off? or no?

Only reasons i bring these up, Adding a Mole gives the mafia an advantage... and after a 4-3 series, they dont really need a big one. But a slight one, yes... which is why i mentioned a couple ideas. take what youd like and discard the rest.

Thanks-Senk
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

Alright so I take it no one or most do not like the Baker so he is sleeping with the fishes. I think we can go with the Undercover Mole with these stipulations:

1: The mole can only report to the Mod if he wants to tell the Godfather.
2. The mole can only report about townspeople and said role players.
3. The mole will only find out if they are a role player or towns person not which faction as to not influence killings or arrests.
4. The mole's identity will be kept secret from all players unless the mole reveals himself, but in turn probably killing themself.

The object of the mole is to play the double life, but not be known which side he is playing, he as always will try to protect himself first, but the townspeople should try to kill him off as its more beneficial for the Mafia to have him than the town.

If any other problems you think might arise make them known by noon tomorrow as I think I will start the game by then.
Last edited by Twisted Wrister on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Ok, I'm completely confused by the idea of this new role or roles if multiple new ones are being introduced. Because not understanding something makes it interesting, I'll play if there is room.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Nice idoit, just one role thats been proposed and probably will take place and thats the Mole

Mole is much like an undercover cop who like the seer can investigate people and report to the Mod whether or not he wants to give the Godfather the information. He can only find out if the person he or she researched is a roleplayer (Mafia or townsfolk), not the actual role, so he could be giving info on other mafia members.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Idoit gives us 20.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Twisted Wrister wrote:Nice idoit, just one role thats been proposed and probably will take place and thats the Mole

Mole is much like an undercover cop who like the seer can investigate people and report to the Mod whether or not he wants to give the Godfather the information. He can only find out if the person he or she researched is a roleplayer (Mafia or townsfolk), not the actual role, so he could be giving info on other mafia members.
So, in essence, just to clarify, The Mole is technically a neutral faction. They decide whether to help the Mafia or not and, if they so pleased, could help both the village and the mafia?

For example, he investigates me... I'm a roleplayer, he can say to the Godfather "Jaysmiter is a roleplayer" or "Jaysmiter is a villager" or "Idoit is a roleplayer"?

Now, whose side is he on in terms of game victory? Say the 3 mafioso go down and the mole is still around does he become a mafioso? Or is it victory for the village?
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

jaysmiter wrote:
Twisted Wrister wrote:Nice idoit, just one role thats been proposed and probably will take place and thats the Mole

So, in essence, just to clarify, The Mole is technically a neutral faction. They decide whether to help the Mafia or not and, if they so pleased, could help both the village and the mafia?

For example, he investigates me... I'm a roleplayer, he can say to the Godfather "Jaysmiter is a roleplayer" or "Jaysmiter is a villager" or "Idoit is a roleplayer"?

Now, whose side is he on in terms of game victory? Say the 3 mafioso go down and the mole is still around does he become a mafioso? Or is it victory for the village?
The Mole is essentially neutral, yes. He can go to me and ask me to tell the Godfather about a certain individual and I will let the Godfather know.

If the Mafia falls, the game is over and the Mole will lose, essentially.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PittPensFan »

Twisted Wrister wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:

The Mole is essentially neutral, yes. He can go to me and ask me to tell the Godfather about a certain individual and I will let the Godfather know.

If the Mafia falls, the game is over and the Mole will lose, essentially.
When are PMs going out, TW? And will everyone get one?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm up for whatever additional role players are added. I just don't think too many should be added. Maybe one more.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

starting today?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

its whatev. unless we can recuit a few more.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

If it starts any later than tonight, it would probably be good to hold off another week. No one is really here on the weekends, and we already lost one day. It will be like last game where there had to be a break in the action, and when everyone started playing again, the excitement just wasn't there.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

newarenanow wrote:If it starts any later than tonight, it would probably be good to hold off another week. No one is really here on the weekends, and we already lost one day. It will be like last game where there had to be a break in the action, and when everyone started playing again, the excitement just wasn't there.
yeah, I agree here, taking a break like we did was better than expecting people to check in over the weekend but it wasn't the same the follwing week. I don't think everybody even checked in after the break.

I'd say best bet is start first thing next monday morning if it doesn't get going today.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

I vote for next monday also
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

i say someone sleeps with the fishes tonight...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I'd say best bet is start first thing next monday morning if it doesn't get going today.
So it could a very jubilant beginning or a very...(.....) beginning??
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

newarenanow wrote:If it starts any later than tonight, it would probably be good to hold off another week. No one is really here on the weekends, and we already lost one day. It will be like last game where there had to be a break in the action, and when everyone started playing again, the excitement just wasn't there.
Waiting until next week to start is a good idea, IMO.

I liked the idea of doing it before the Super Bowl but I don't want to be playing it over this upcoming weekend - I'm not online much on the weekends to begin with and even less when my brother is in town (which he will be, for the Super Bowl).
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Yeah, we will have to start next Monday, I apologize. I got called into work around 10:30 this morning and was not near a computer. So its my fault, I planned on starting today.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PittPensFan »

Twisted Wrister wrote:Yeah, we will have to start next Monday, I apologize. I got called into work around 10:30 this morning and was not near a computer. So its my fault, I planned on starting today.
Crap. Another thing to make this week longer.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Twisted Wrister wrote:Yeah, we will have to start next Monday, I apologize. I got called into work around 10:30 this morning and was not near a computer. So its my fault, I planned on starting today.

Boo to you, sir. Boo to you.