Werewolf Alumn

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

jwienand wrote:
bhaw wrote:LOL apparently I read that role and added my own twist.

It would still work though.

Someone who tries to convince everyone to lynch him. If he does, he wins and everyone else looses. The only safe way to kill him is for the wolves to eat him, so the wolves and villagers have to work together sort of to get rid of him.
What if there's no real convincing? If he/she gets lynched games over no matter what?
Yeah. It makes the village actually have to figure out a strategy instead of the poo theory.

I think it could make for some interesting strategy... ie a wolf or seer might have to out themself to save the village.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

jwienand wrote:

Someone who tries to convince everyone to lynch him. If he does, he wins and everyone else looses. The only safe way to kill him is for the wolves to eat him, so the wolves and villagers have to work together sort of to get rid of him.
What if there's no real convincing? If he/she gets lynched games over no matter what?
Just like when Kovy votes to lynch me.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

newarenanow wrote:
jwienand wrote:

Just like when Kovy votes to lynch me.
yes, but Kovy's vote now has more dire consequences. It's not just "oh, well if NAN dies and he's a villager, no big whoop, there's still 14 of us left."
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

My vote is less people next time. I'm thinking 15 max.

Keep it short and sweet.

I like the idea of the ghost...or I was thinking of a whisperer or something...it's a villager that can PM other villagers to spread the mob mentality even further. They are technically on the village side, but they are more neutral...
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Juice

May I guide you to a site?

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcount.html

It allows you make custom countdowns, so for next game, we could actually have a countdown of how long the day/night is, instead of it being whenever people get around to posting/PMing. Another board I frequent (that I just discovered played this) swears by this.

Basically, when the timer's up...that's it. The votes are tallied, the PMs are accounted for, and if not? Well, then that person just was inactive that day/night. It might help speed things up and aid the process of weeding out those who aren't participating. It's a thought, and it would be totally up to you to determine how long day/night is.

Oh yeah...if, at the end of the day, there is a tie on votes to lynch. The people who have voted would have to revote (possibly by secret ballot) to determine who to lynch.

Thoughts?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

jaysmiter wrote:Juice

It allows you make custom countdowns, so for next game, we could actually have a countdown of how long the day/night is, instead of it being whenever people get around to posting/PMing. Another board I frequent (that I just discovered played this) swears by this.

Basically, when the timer's up...that's it. The votes are tallied, the PMs are accounted for, and if not? Well, then that person just was inactive that day/night. It might help speed things up and aid the process of weeding out those who aren't participating. It's a thought, and it would be totally up to you to determine how long day/night is.

Oh yeah...if, at the end of the day, there is a tie on votes to lynch. The people who have voted would have to revote (possibly by secret ballot) to determine who to lynch.

Thoughts?
I like this, on weekends this type of system would be tough as a lot of people aren't around but through the week I think it would work well
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

beerman wrote:

Thoughts?
I like this, on weekends this type of system would be tough as a lot of people aren't around but through the week I think it would work well
Well, we could always pause the game starting Fridays at 5 and start back up either Sunday night or Monday morning...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

jaysmiter wrote:
beerman wrote:

Thoughts?
Well, we could always pause the game starting Fridays at 5 and start back up either Sunday night or Monday morning...
I like this idea.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

newarenanow wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
beerman wrote:

Thoughts?
I like this idea.
Then we should do this =)

Also...bump.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

The board is rather slow and quiet w/o werewolf.