Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Justice served. Guess those jury PSU connections were overblown.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I am enjoying the Drudge Report splash right now.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Justice served. Guess those jury PSU connections were overblown.
Are you suggesting people didn't know what they were talking about?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Last edited by columbia on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Justice served. Guess those jury PSU connections were overblown.
As I've said time and time again, people were horribly misinterpreting them. PSU jury connections were the worst thing Sandusky could have asked for.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Rocco wrote:
Not at all. :slug:
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

shafnutz05 wrote:
As I've said time and time again, people were horribly misinterpreting them. PSU jury connections were the worst thing Sandusky could have asked for.
absolutely. having jurors with ties to PSU was a horrible thing for the defense. Unless they were active with the cover-up, I haven't met a PSU student/alum/professor/any affiliation that wanted Sandusky to walk.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

he wont last a year in prison. someone will get him if not he will off himself.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Not at all. :slug:
As I've written here and on Twitter, there's a 0.0% chance of getting 12 people w/o some connection to PSU in Central PA.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

That is awesome news. I am shocked it was that decisive though.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Rylan wrote:That is awesome news. I am shocked it was that decisive though.
yeah, I was hoping for 10 or 11, or whatever was just enough to put him away for the rest of his life, but 94% of the counts? wow.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Good riddance to a predator/animal
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

Now, go after the school and administration.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Bioshock wrote:Now, go after the school and administration.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

count2infinity wrote:
Agreed...time to exorcise the demons
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

BIG BUBBA: Jerry, bend over and grab that soap and then I'll give you some "showering tips" like you gave those kids.
SirMario66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SirMario66 »

shafnutz05 wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
Agreed...time to exorcise the demons
Absolutely. Tonight I'm celebrating Sandusky getting what he deserved. But if you're satisfied, then you don't understand the severity and depth of the situation. It wasn't about one person. Once the FBI investigation comes out at the end of the summer, I think the final pawns of the Paterno regime get fired and the football program gets shut down for at least a year.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Cagsjr724 wrote:he wont last a year in prison. someone will get him if not he will off himself.
he won't make it to the end of the year.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

No way he kills himself. He's way too delusional/sick. Any non-deluded person would have done it by now. Look at the embarassment and humiliation he caused for his family, his university, himself, etc. Never going to happen.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

He will get killed in jail unless they segregate him. He is accused of molesting at risk youth. Guess who's parents are the ones in the prison Jerry will be residing in...
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

SirMario66 wrote:I think the final pawns of the Paterno regime get fired and the football program gets shut down for at least a year.
Strongly disagree. If you want to punish the university, take some, most, or all of the money that the football team makes away, but don't shut down the program that has kids on the team that did nothing wrong and weren't even considering PSU at the time all of this took place. This isn't a situation like SMU, USC or OSU where the students that are on the team are involved in the scandal. They had nothing to do with it. Most of the people that are on the coaching staff had no involvement in this, but if they did get rid of them.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I never thought it would go to trial, never thought he would go to jail. Justice is served if the victims finally have peace for themselves.

To be crude; In sandusky's world, jail means more sex.

With all of the media & lawyers pontificating on high, was akin to post game superbowl.
as one lawyer said, that's us.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

penny lane wrote:I never thought it would go to trial, never thought he would go to jail. Justice is served if the victims finally have peace for themselves.

To be crude; In sandusky's world, jail means more sex.

With all of the media & lawyers pontificating on high, was akin to post game superbowl.
as one lawyer said, that's us.
It may mean more sex, but he won't be in control. It won't be with little boys. The predator becomes the prey.

And I am totally fine with it.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

count2infinity wrote:
SirMario66 wrote:I think the final pawns of the Paterno regime get fired and the football program gets shut down for at least a year.
Strongly disagree. If you want to punish the university, take some, most, or all of the money that the football team makes away, but don't shut down the program that has kids on the team that did nothing wrong and weren't even considering PSU at the time all of this took place. This isn't a situation like SMU, USC or OSU where the students that are on the team are involved in the scandal. They had nothing to do with it. Most of the people that are on the coaching staff had no involvement in this, but if they did get rid of them.
who exactly are the students on the teams at smu or usc or even to an extent tOSU (lets face it, pryor wasnt on the team to face the problems) that ended up being punished for the crimes of erik dickerson, reggie bush, etc?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

SMU:
SMU football had already been placed on three years' probation in 1985 for recruiting violations. At the time, it had been on probation seven times (including five times since 1974), more than any other school in Division I-A.
However, in 1986, SMU faced allegations by whistleblowing player Sean Stopperich that players were still being paid. An investigation found that 21 players received approximately $61,000 in cash payments, with the assistance of athletic department staff members, from a slush fund provided by a booster. Payments ranged from $50 to $725 per month, and started only a month after SMU went on its original probation (though it later emerged that a slush fund had been maintained in one form or another since the mid-1970s). Also, SMU officials lied to NCAA officials about when the payments stopped.
While the school had assured the NCAA that players were no longer being paid, the school's board of governors, led by chairman Bill Clements, decided that the school had to honor previous commitments made to the players. However, under a secret plan adopted by the board, the school would phase out the slush once all players that were still being paid had graduated
i.e. the university was under investigation and on probation and was still giving students money, so yes the players on the team were involved.

USC, I was against the sanctions passed down in the first place due to the fact that the current players were not proven to be involved or getting money.

OSU, well let's face it, there were people other than Pryor involved and the university wasn't punish by having their season stripped away from them.

What I was trying to say is that it's unfair to try and cancel the season due to actions that were taken 10+ years ago. The kids on the team now weren't even in high school (actually, not even middle school yet). Are you arguing that they should have a season taken away?