Monsters I: GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Monsters I: GAME THREAD

Post by thehockeyguru »

Canaan, it was terribly ironic that you saved EPP when he was the one that led the charge against you. I wonder how the game would have been different if you chose not to save EPP?

To me, IE turning down the role was just too easy. When the vote on her went down I knew that either Benny or Ulf was Red.

I still can't understand the lack of trust by the villagers after I found IE day one. I served that vote up and a slew of players disobeyed my day 2 ulf vote and killed cannan. This ultimately forced me to role claim after Ulf did. Had they followed me, we would have had a better result.

What would have Relantel came back as if I viewed him before Redwill viewed a Red?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

thehockeyguru wrote:What would have Relantel came back as if I viewed him before Redwill viewed a Red?
As far as I understand ... I found ulf. ulf decided to accept me as a fellow red. If he had not, relantel would have continued to come back blue. But after ulf decided to accept me, relantel would come back as red.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

redwill wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:What would have Relantel came back as if I viewed him before Redwill viewed a Red?
As far as I understand ... I found ulf. ulf decided to accept me as a fellow red. If he had not, relantel would have continued to come back blue. But after ulf decided to accept me, relantel would come back as red.
Any idea what would have happened if I would have found Relantel before you found ulf?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

thehockeyguru wrote:Any idea what would have happened if I would have found Relantel before you found ulf?
I'm pretty sure he would have come back blue.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

great game senka. was a shame about the participation but you put together a good one :thumb:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

The other thing was that is they chose not to accept Redwill, they would remain 2 different groups for the same cause without communication. Had Redwill been declined he wouldve known Ulf was red because I investigated. but that is all he couldve known, essentially could have possibly voted against his own team. Glad it was liked but sorry for the lack of playing.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

For the record, thg, it wasn't that easy. I would have turned that role down whether I was red, blue or green. It may have been a glaring red flag to you, but that's the truth.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

IrishEyes wrote:For the record, thg, it wasn't that easy. I would have turned that role down whether I was red, blue or green. It may have been a glaring red flag to you, but that's the truth.
It was a definite red flag, the problem was your defense of it was just as curious.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

thehockeyguru wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:For the record, thg, it wasn't that easy. I would have turned that role down whether I was red, blue or green. It may have been a glaring red flag to you, but that's the truth.
It was a definite red flag, the problem was your defense of it was just as curious.
It was also the truth. So next game, if the same thing happens, hopefully I'll just be a blue then.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

IrishEyes wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
It was also the truth. So next game, if the same thing happens, hopefully I'll just be a blue then.

I'm not sure how many of the nuances that Senka added will carry over to other games, but I think some definitely should. That being said several mod's have made small adjustments that I would like to see as permanent fixtures for future games.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Lol. I dunno thg. I personally thought your reasoning for IE was extremely weak and probably wouldn't have followed you.

It made me sad to watch this game from the outside with the complete and utter lack of participation from all but a handful of players. I think it is time for a break tbh. With so few people actively playing, it's a waste of the mod's time when they come up with a creative game if no one is going to play. Just my two cents.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

the wicked child wrote:Lol. I dunno thg. I personally thought your reasoning for IE was extremely weak and probably wouldn't have followed you.
Lol are you kidding me? It was a Day 1 vote and I was an RP, had I provided better reasoning it would have given away that I was the seer. The problem wasn't the IE vote, plenty of people followed me on that. What is ridiculous is that they followed EPP in killing Canaan Day 2 after seeing IE was red and with me being adamant about Ulf.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

THG... Read my response in the dead thread, hope that clears stuff up.

I STILL want to hear from Canaan.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

thehockeyguru wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Lol. I dunno thg. I personally thought your reasoning for IE was extremely weak and probably wouldn't have followed you.
Lol are you kidding me? It was a Day 1 vote and I was an RP, had I provided better reasoning it would have given away that I was the seer. The problem wasn't the IE vote, plenty of people followed me on that. What is ridiculous is that they followed EPP in killing Canaan Day 2 after seeing IE was red and with me being adamant about Ulf.
Yeah, I agree that the reasoning was weak. I only went along because I didn't have a dog in the fight at the time. I didn't know that IE was red. Had I known, I probably would have went in a different direction, and then ulf could have gone in a different direction, too. That would have been interesting.

The canaan vote -- that was remarkable. Only one of us reds was necessary to get him lynched, despite a mostly believable role-claim. He maybe went a bit far in claiming that he had four protects. That seemed too powerful and allowed me to reasonably jump on the wagon.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

redwill wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Yeah, I agree that the reasoning was weak. I only went along because I didn't have a dog in the fight at the time. I didn't know that IE was red. Had I known, I probably would have went in a different direction, and then ulf could have gone in a different direction, too. That would have been interesting.

The canaan vote -- that was remarkable. Only one of us reds was necessary to get him lynched, despite a mostly believable role-claim. He maybe went a bit far in claiming that he had four protects. That seemed too powerful and allowed me to reasonably jump on the wagon.
Redwill, what do you mean you "didn't have a dog in the fight"? Sure, you didn't know IE was RED like the other REDs did, but you sure knew you were RED right? So you're logic for voting for IE was opposite the rest of the village, we voted for her because we thought she was RED, you had to have voted for her because you thought she was GREEN.

Or am I wrong?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ExPatriatePen wrote:THG... Read my response in the dead thread, hope that clears stuff up.

I STILL want to hear from Canaan.
about what? i didnt think you were bad by the way youve played (in all games) up to that point and how aggressively you were pursuing me. when i got the pm that you were projected to be killed, i made the jump because i didnt want to off a guy that was going to shorten the number of blues, even if his judgment was way off. i thought about letting you die as a middle finger to you, but meh.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

redwill wrote: Yeah, I agree that the reasoning was weak.
About her turning down the nomination? Thats open for debate, but the way she reacted after me putting one vote on her? She went crazy in the act of defending herself. At that point it was clear she was red.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

ExPatriatePen wrote:Redwill, what do you mean you "didn't have a dog in the fight"? Sure, you didn't know IE was RED like the other REDs did, but you sure knew you were RED right? So you're logic for voting for IE was opposite the rest of the village, we voted for her because we thought she was RED, you had to have voted for her because you thought she was GREEN.

Or am I wrong?
As Kraftster pointed out in the game thread, I, as a red, didn't care who got axed. I felt bad that she turned up red (and was thus an ally), but I just wanted to get someone voted off. The odds were that she was NOT red. If thg had been a little more convincing, I probably would have gone in a different direction. :lol:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

thehockeyguru wrote:
I didn't see her reaction, but if you want to tell me that her turning down the sherriff nomination was a clear cut sign that she was red, well we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Not to mention that it's a lot different when you KNOW someone is red because you're the seer.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

the wicked child wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
I didn't see her reaction, but if you want to tell me that her turning down the sherriff nomination was a clear cut sign that she was red, well we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Not to mention that it's a lot different when you KNOW someone is red because you're the seer.
Obviously you didn't read the PM Senka sent me. When I investigated someone I was told if they were DARK or NOT DARK. If they were DARK, they could very well be Green. I knew that IE was Red before I investigated her, just wanted to make sure. Same went for ulf, I voted for him Day 2 before I even investigated him.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

thehockeyguru wrote:
the wicked child wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

Obviously you didn't read the PM Senka sent me. When I investigated someone I was told if they were DARK or NOT DARK. If they were DARK, they could very well be Green. I knew that IE was Red before I investigated her, just wanted to make sure. Same went for ulf, I voted for him Day 2 before I even investigated him.
No, you didn't. You had a hunch that I was red because I turned down the Sheriff nomination. You got lucky. I wish I had been a blue. Then you'd have been completely befuddled.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

IrishEyes wrote:
No, you didn't. You had a hunch that I was red because I turned down the Sheriff nomination. You got lucky. I wish I had been a blue. Then you'd have been completely befuddled.

Yeah and I was lucky on Ulf too. :roll:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

actually DARK meant bad. NOT DARK meant green and blue.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

thg, curious who you investigated the night you died.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Senka wrote:actually DARK meant bad. NOT DARK meant green and blue.
I see. That wasn't specified in the email, so I just assumed all DARK were RP's

Who would have come up Gray? Relantel?