*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by IrishEyes »

:cry:

What is this world coming to where gardners getting eaten by slugs!!!

In all seriousness, this is what I'm seeing...

The alpha isn't just taking out veterans. The alpha is taking out GOOD players, which means the alpha knows what he/she is doing.

salt juice

It makes the most sense.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MWB wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I think it's too early to start voting now, how does the rest of the village feel here?
Why?
Cause he's a slug and doesn't want you going after his slug brother? :shock:

I'd much rather discuss this than start bandwagoning now. Personally, the people that vote early are decent targets to try and bandwagon people.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I agree Malkamaniac...here is my guesstimate for what it's worth:

MWB, Juice, the wicked child, and NPV are the four people that have been browsing this forum this morning and have NOT commented at all in this thread. Maybe this is oversimplifying matters, but I am sure that they are aware a new write-up has been written...and they have all been decent about commenting in the past around new write-ups.

the wicked child actually left before the writeup even came out...but he could have been going to work for all I know.

The only one of these, as far as I know, that fits the veteran profile is Juice. As vocal as he has been in the past, he has been strangely silent over the last half hour or so, even with the new write up. Not to mention the bandwagon votes in the beginning..since then he has been very quiet.

I know it's not much, but it is better than salting someone for the sole reason that they are a n00b. Like PFIDC said, we are dealing with a veteran.

salt Juice

(as a matter of fact, Juice just left again without commenting...very odd compared to his previous behavior).
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Also, my top targets are Jooce, Neo again, and that jwieieie guy.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

PensFanInDC wrote:I tossed my vote in now because Im busy pretty much all day starting at around 11am. I also feel confident about it being a veteran by the way picks have been made so far.

Cuervo and MWB are both on my radar. If I get eated, remember I said that.

Then again if they are both villagers I'm just talking out of my rear :lol:
I agree with MWB and i think shafnutz is trouble he has been lurking all morning but hasnt said a thing
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

IrishEyes wrote::cry:

The alpha isn't just taking out veterans. The alpha is taking out GOOD players, which means the alpha knows what he/she is doing.

salt juice

It makes the most sense.
It's def a veteran player and I was going with my gut on JC. Juice is also a decent choice, but after looking over the roster there are a decent amount of vets playing this time. It's tough.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Irisheyes, while I agree with your decision, hopefully I offered a little more elaboration. It's not just that Juice is a veteran...he has gone from vocal to quiet since being accused of starting the bandwagon, and he was browsing the forum this morning but remaining under the radar.

That's not to say I don't think npv, MWB, and wicked child are slugs, I just feel like Juice fits the Alpha profile the best.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

PensFanInDC wrote:I tossed my vote in now because Im busy pretty much all day starting at around 11am. I also feel confident about it being a veteran by the way picks have been made so far.

I agree with the veteran part since two normally vocal guys were taken out. I don't agree with the second part, because I'm not a slug.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:I agree with MWB and i think shafnutz is trouble he has been lurking all morning but hasnt said a thing

What? I have made a bunch of posts and just stated my long drawn-out thoughts on who actually HAS been lurking around all morning...scroll up. :scared:
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

This sucks, bad.
The worst thing is, during dagnys rant about how I started the first bandwagon, she mentioned something to the effect of "like omg but what if we hang a RP!" and I was honestly going to type that imo, the gardener should just out himself immediately, so he/she can be protected from the beginning. iEUX did this one game, where he immediately said he was the seer and it worked out awesome. If you think about it, when someone outs themselves as the gardener, it evens the playing field, then something like this doesn't happen. It makes the slugs look blindly for the sexta, the same way the village is looking blindly for the slugs. Also, it gives the village someone to trust, knowing they are for sure not a slug.
I thought better of posting my thoughts, because asking for someone to out themselves is basically suicide. If I were the sexta, I would come out now, because that will give the village someone that they KNOW is not a slug. The sexta is going to protect themselves from now on anyway, so what's the difference. To be honest with you guys, I feel some sort of trust with dagny, and that is another reason why I didn't say all of this earlier...
As for my salt vote, I think crayz has been making some off the wall posts and now that we are reeling, we should try to avoid salting any thinkers at all costs.
salt crayz
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Malkamaniac wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I think it's too early to start voting now, how does the rest of the village feel here?
Why?
I'd much rather discuss this than start bandwagoning now. Personally, the people that vote early are decent targets to try and bandwagon people.
This would make sense if I didn't give a decent reason for my choice.

The 1st vote can start a bandwagon no matter how early or late it's made. It also hasn't seem to have done much since I'm still the only voter for JC.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MWB wrote:

I agree with the veteran part since two normally vocal guys were taken out. I don't agree with the second part, because I'm not a slug.
Touche!
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

shafnutz05 wrote:The only one of these, as far as I know, that fits the veteran profile is Juice. As vocal as he has been in the past, he has been strangely silent over the last half hour or so, even with the new write up.
First of all, I try to avoid talking at night at all costs. Second, I was busy typing ^^^
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

interesting thoughts about juice. i think they are good points. im not sure who is good or not but it seems to be common knowledge and i would think that juice would want them gone if we was the alpha slug. seems reasonable to me
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
IrishEyes wrote::cry:

salt juice

It makes the most sense.
It's def a veteran player and I was going with my gut on JC. Juice is also a decent choice, but after looking over the roster there are a decent amount of vets playing this time. It's tough.
can't we just salt juice cuervo and save some time...

salt Juice
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'm def gonna wait on this vote, because honestly, we need to hit a slug this salting. If we don't, it's only gonna get worse I fear.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

shafnutz05 wrote:I agree Malkamaniac...here is my guesstimate for what it's worth:

MWB, Juice, the wicked child, and NPV are the four people that have been browsing this forum this morning and have NOT commented at all in this thread. Maybe this is oversimplifying matters, but I am sure that they are aware a new write-up has been written...and they have all been decent about commenting in the past around new write-ups.
I posted about 10 minutes after the write-up.
That said, now I have to leave for a bit.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

shafnutz05 wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:I agree with MWB and i think shafnutz is trouble he has been lurking all morning but hasnt said a thing

What? I have made a bunch of posts and just stated my long drawn-out thoughts on who actually HAS been lurking around all morning...scroll up. :scared:
ya lol i just saw that after i went to get some cereal, i had the text waiting but didnt submit.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Juice wrote:First of all, I try to avoid talking at night at all costs. Second, I was busy typing ^^^
Sorry, I do see that you were typing something long and drawn out there.

I'll be honest, i am torn between you and npv right now. npv is a lot smarter than people think, and I don't buy the "stupid noob" argument with him. It is so easy to just say "go after the people that aren't contributing, and keep the thinkers around so we have a chance!". That makes easy, defenseless targets...meanwhile, the slugs are increasing their numbers while we take out noobs who are just guilty of being quiet.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

salt malkamaniac

Just a gut feeling after seeing you post "I'm holding my vote blah blah blah" like 36 times since this past night.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

npv708 wrote:
can't we just salt juice cuervo and save some time...
Isn't it

Salt, Cuervo, lime Juice?
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

Looking back, I didn't see any suspicions posted by Beerman to allude to who he may have gardened.

WE ALL WE GOT
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I am happy that we are all reaching some different conclusions, instead of a mindless bandwagon. If you have a theory, throw it out there.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

jaysmiter wrote:salt malkamaniac

Just a gut feeling after seeing you post "I'm holding my vote blah blah blah" like 36 times since this past night.

lol twice is 36 times eh?
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

shafnutz05 wrote:"go after the people that aren't contributing, and keep the thinkers around so we have a chance!". That makes easy, defenseless targets...
so by that token, you want to salt the thinkers and keep the quiet noobs around? doesn't particularly sound like a strategy that someone has thought all the way through