Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Nonsmokers who ***** about people smoking OUTSIDE! You already have buildings most bars and all eateries.

Leary was right soon you'll only be able to smoke in your house with the lights off under the blankets.
Just as it should be 8-)
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

zero tolerance for smokers.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Nonsmokers who ***** about people smoking OUTSIDE! You already have buildings most bars and all eateries.

Leary was right soon you'll only be able to smoke in your house with the lights off under the blankets.
I don't mind that you smoke, but do you have to do it right by the entrance? You have the right to smoke, but I also have the right to not smoke and you are infringing upon that right.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

If I walk by you anywhere outside where there's not a "No Smoking" sign, then no problem. If you're smoking in a place that has "No Smoking" on it and you're getting your lung filth on me when you shouldn't be, then you shouldn't mind if I spit on your clothes and in your face, because that's pretty much what's going on with the smoke, cochise.

:wink:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Theres this kid at the gym who I've never even heard speak, and I want to punch him in the face. He has one of those mop top like haircuts, where its pushed down flat and all the way around his head the end of his hair curl out. It looks stupid and even worse is thats not natural he fixes it like that. And every tiem before he does an exercise, he stands there and flattens out his hair and pushes the curls up. Every time, like he has to 'look good' for the lift, just makes me want to slap the taste out of his mouth.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Theres this kid at the gym who I've never even heard speak, and I want to punch him in the face. He has one of those mop top like haircuts, where its pushed down flat and all the way around his head the end of his hair curl out. It looks stupid and even worse is thats not natural he fixes it like that. And every tiem before he does an exercise, he stands there and flattens out his hair and pushes the curls up. Every time, like he has to 'look good' for the lift, just makes me want to slap the taste out of his mouth.
When I go to the Gym I ignore everyone. I am there to do my thing. Cant worry about whos looking at me or what others are doing. I am sure everyone looks retarded doing whatever in a gym if you stare at them. I am a newbie at my gym so I just make sure I dont get in someones way. but some dude playing with his hair I will help beat that moron down.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

That kid has cool hair.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:Theres this kid at the gym who I've never even heard speak, and I want to punch him in the face. He has one of those mop top like haircuts, where its pushed down flat and all the way around his head the end of his hair curl out. It looks stupid and even worse is thats not natural he fixes it like that. And every tiem before he does an exercise, he stands there and flattens out his hair and pushes the curls up. Every time, like he has to 'look good' for the lift, just makes me want to slap the taste out of his mouth.
When I go to the Gym I ignore everyone. I am there to do my thing. Cant worry about whos looking at me or what others are doing. I am sure everyone looks retarded doing whatever in a gym if you stare at them. I am a newbie at my gym so I just make sure I dont get in someones way. but some dude playing with his hair I will help beat that moron down.
I wouldnt have noticed him at all except he does these exercises and stretches that look like he's going into convulsions. Thats the only reason I would have known the kid is even in the gym
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Agree with those that say it sucks when workers for a food establishment walk just outside the front door and smoke there. I have to pass through that haze. Please, how hard is it to walk across the parking lot, or down a few doors? Or use the back entrance.

Thanks in Advance.

And this is coming from a cigar smoker.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

People who don't take responsibility for their actions.

People who make excuses for other people's actions.

People who feel that the rules don't apply to them.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

My work is going to a completely non-smoking environment in a month or two. It is going to be interesting to see what all the smokers do. They are going to have to actually leave the property to go smoke some where. It should at least cut down on all the "smoke" breaks they take when they leave for 20 minutes at a time.... which also annoys the crap out of me.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

skullman80 wrote:My work is going to a completely non-smoking environment in a month or two. It is going to be interesting to see what all the smokers do. They are going to have to actually leave the property to go smoke some where. It should at least cut down on all the "smoke" breaks they take when they leave for 20 minutes at a time.... which also annoys the crap out of me.

I totally agree with this. Smokers definitely have an advantage with the excuse that they need a "smoke break". Yeah? Well I need a 20 min. 'Fart' break.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

The world would be free of violence if work allowed fart breaks
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Adults at baseball games who BEG players to throw them a ball. Especially when there are kids there. Guy next to me is at least 50 and wants a ball more than my 11 year old.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

New pet peeve - the use of term 'pleb' as a pejorative, especially when invoked by people who themselves are likely plebs in the Roman sense of the word.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Totally irrational one- I hate when other people are also out walking or running when I go out for my run during lunch at work. If I am out there, it's my sidewalk!
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

People who put bumped stickers on their showing what places they have been to on vacation (OCMD, OBX, HH, etc) annoy me. Do you favorite vacation spots really need to be advertised on your car?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:People who put bumper stickers on their car
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

Three Stars wrote:People who don't take responsibility for their actions.

Welcome to 2011 America. I have four basic rules:

Don't lie. (your word is all you really own)
Don't steal. (it only hurts someone else)
Don't sign anything that can't be cashed. (your signature says it is payable or true)
Know the rules and follow them. (Knowledge is power)

Those seem to be less than the norm in today's society.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Ron` wrote:
Three Stars wrote:People who don't take responsibility for their actions.

Welcome to 2011 America. I have four basic rules:

Don't lie. (your word is all you really own)
Don't steal. (it only hurts someone else)
Don't sign anything that can't be cashed. (your signature says it is payable or true)
Know the rules and follow them. (Knowledge is power)

Those seem to be less than the norm in today's society.
Can I add a fifth rule Ron?

Watch your back for the rest of the world who don't operate by rules 1-4
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I hate people who drift outwards to make a turn. Example, a person making a right turn drifts out to the left to make the turn. This is completely unnecessary and just annoys me.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Rylan wrote:I hate people who drift outwards to make a turn. Example, a person making a right turn drifts out to the left to make the turn. This is completely unnecessary and just annoys me.
Unless of course, you drive a "big rig"
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

What are the rules? The three above?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:People who put bumped stickers on their showing what places they have been to on vacation (OCMD, OBX, HH, etc) annoy me. Do you favorite vacation spots really need to be advertised on your car?
+1

Especially the really freakin' obscure ones. I don't know or care where TWY is, numb nuts.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I think I already mentioned this, but the people that have the family bumper stickers in the back.

[youtube][/youtube]