2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: 2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Post by KG »

Man the Devils look good. So fast.

They could make it to the Cup.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Someone tell Hagel this is hockey and not **** soccer. Don’t be a little ***** when you get a glancing blow to your cheek and maybe try to get the puck and score to win a game.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

KG wrote:Man the Devils look good. So fast.

This did not age well, Rags up 3-1 late in the 2nd.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

DelPen wrote:
KG wrote:Man the Devils look good. So fast.

This did not age well, Rags up 3-1 late in the 2nd.
Jinxed them. My bad :D
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Leafs win. Guess Dubas isn’t going anywhere
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KG wrote:Leafs win. Guess Dubas isn’t going anywhere
Dear Tampa...even though you paid an ass-gaggle of picks for him, please non-tender Tanner Jeannot so the Penguins can sign him this summer. Thanks!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

FLPensFan wrote:
Dear Tampa...even though you paid an ass-gaggle of picks for him, please non-tender Tanner Jeannot so the Penguins can sign him this summer. Thanks!
I would give them a few picks to replenish what they gave up for him!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Toronto moving on will provide entertainment.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KG wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
I would give them a few picks to replenish what they gave up for him!
As would I. And many would likely say why, he's done nothing. Well, I think his skillset is valuable, and he has shown that he is capable. Heck, I really don't care if we acquired the guy and he never hit 20 goals again. But even as a solid 15 goal, 35 point player on the 3rd line, his size and physical assets would be a huge addition.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Now that Toronto has won. I would much rather see them play Boston instead of Florida.

Far from a B’s fan, but you want the best teams to play each other come playoff time.
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

Even though Florida has the momentum and the pressure is on Boston I still can’t see the Bruins losing game 7.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

Puck-Lurker wrote:
KG wrote:If this Akira Schmid in NJ keeps this up, they are going to be a tough out!

Rangers have scored 2 goals in the last 3 games I think. Rangers have a feel of a team that acts like they have won before, but they haven't. They don't seem to have the drive. Devils definitely look more hungry and faster.

Canes have some injuries they are getting through. That series would have been over already if they were a little more healthy. Isles are more an annoyance then a good team.

Colorado didn't do a good job this season in adding players. They never replaced Kadri. They brought in EROD and Eller. Two bottom 6 players. They didn't go all in this season to go for the repeat in my opinion. They shouldn't be losing to Seattle but Seattle has 4 solid lines. All can skate and score.

Scoring depth wins championships.
Schmid is carrying Devils on his back this series. They're playing alright defensively, but he's stealing games from the Rags. Didn't give them two cents for their chances when they went down 2-0, but they're taking this series next game I feel.

Leafs-Bolts is fairly even, I'm thinking it'll go to game 7. Same with Stars-Wild and Oilers-Kings.

Panthers are toast. Nothing I've seen FLA do suggests they can conjure up another win against Bruins.

Canes-Isles is closer, but I think the Isles have been figured out for what they are, too one-dimensional to hang with the big boys.

I think Seattle will close out at home. That team is hungry and rolls 4 lines that can score.

Now... if you'd told me it would take FORTY playoff games before the first team advanced, I would've said you're nuts, but here we are.
Stealing games from the Rangers?

The Devils have outshot them, out chanced them, out attempted them, are leading by a large margin in expected goals, are leading by a large margin in high danger scoring chances. Even in the 1st game the Devils lost, they carried the play that whole game. I'm not sure what you've been watching, but the Devils have been fine and the eye test matches the numbers quite well.

Leafs Bolts is fairly even? The Bolts outplayed the Leafs in 4 of the 6 games by quite a large margin. Samsonov clearly stole a game they had no business winning. The Bolts out chanced the Leafs in the series by a lot! Anyone who watched this series knows the Leafs were dominated aside from a couple games.

Panthers are toast and nothing you've seen tells you they could conjure up another win......except they did win another after your post.

3 strikes and you're out.

Oh and the Oilers didn't go 7. Nor did Dallas

Strike 5.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

murphydump55 wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:
KG wrote:If this Akira Schmid in NJ keeps this up, they are going to be a tough out!

Rangers have scored 2 goals in the last 3 games I think. Rangers have a feel of a team that acts like they have won before, but they haven't. They don't seem to have the drive. Devils definitely look more hungry and faster.

Canes have some injuries they are getting through. That series would have been over already if they were a little more healthy. Isles are more an annoyance then a good team.

Colorado didn't do a good job this season in adding players. They never replaced Kadri. They brought in EROD and Eller. Two bottom 6 players. They didn't go all in this season to go for the repeat in my opinion. They shouldn't be losing to Seattle but Seattle has 4 solid lines. All can skate and score.

Scoring depth wins championships.
Schmid is carrying Devils on his back this series. They're playing alright defensively, but he's stealing games from the Rags. Didn't give them two cents for their chances when they went down 2-0, but they're taking this series next game I feel.

Leafs-Bolts is fairly even, I'm thinking it'll go to game 7. Same with Stars-Wild and Oilers-Kings.

Panthers are toast. Nothing I've seen FLA do suggests they can conjure up another win against Bruins.

Canes-Isles is closer, but I think the Isles have been figured out for what they are, too one-dimensional to hang with the big boys.

I think Seattle will close out at home. That team is hungry and rolls 4 lines that can score.

Now... if you'd told me it would take FORTY playoff games before the first team advanced, I would've said you're nuts, but here we are.
Stealing games from the Rangers?

The Devils have outshot them, out chanced them, out attempted them, are leading by a large margin in expected goals, are leading by a large margin in high danger scoring chances. Even in the 1st game the Devils lost, they carried the play that whole game. I'm not sure what you've been watching, but the Devils have been fine and the eye test matches the numbers quite well.

Leafs Bolts is fairly even? The Bolts outplayed the Leafs in 4 of the 6 games by quite a large margin. Samsonov clearly stole a game they had no business winning. The Bolts out chanced the Leafs in the series by a lot! Anyone who watched this series knows the Leafs were dominated aside from a couple games.

Panthers are toast and nothing you've seen tells you they could conjure up another win......except they did win another after your post.

3 strikes and you're out.

Oh and the Oilers didn't go 7. Nor did Dallas

Strike 5.
Stop watching baseball.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

:lol: :lol:
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Go Cats! Keep it up.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Panthers looking very good tonight. Bruins are playing okay, but that won't cut it. I really thought Boston would level up and deal with Florida, but the defense hasn't really been there. They struggle to get pucks out the D. Some of that is definitely Panthers being very active on the forecheck.

Now up 2-0.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Barkov has been so disappointing this series
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Wow. Pasternak should be in the box for embellishment
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

thehockeyguru wrote:Wow. Pasternak should be in the box for embellishment
I think that was a case of why you can have a penalty + embellishment
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Nice rebound, Bob.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

brwi wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:Wow. Pasternak should be in the box for embellishment
I think that was a case of why you can have a penalty + embellishment
Boston set a team record for PP goals in a series with 11. They also lead the NHL in PP opportunities in the playoffs. Not saying the Panthers aren't committing penalties, but I've called this whole series Tom Brady Officiating. Boston has a lot of weak calls go their way, while double homicide is just a warning for Boston. Hasn't looked very evenly called, IMO.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Holy S#@%$ Panthers!!
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

brwi wrote:Holy S#@%$ Panthers!!
A: Gudas, Reinhart, Bennett, Duclair...and Montour.

Q: Who are 5 players I have clamored for the Penguins to acquire in prior years? (advanced search doesn't lie) :lol:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Charlie McAvoy assisted on that goal.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Nice, game 7 OT. It's been 10 years since President trophy and Cup winner. Hope the jinx is still active. Goooo Cats!!