Re: Imagination land wars game thread

Post by dagny »

or don't say.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote: It sure has taken a while compared to the other votes. I wonder why that is.

At least it's caused some participation.
It's taken awhile because it's not the late morning or middle of the day when the most people are on. The people participating now are the same people who have been participating. Really hasn't brought anyone out of the woodwork.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote:
MWB wrote:I can't say that I'll be suspicious of anyone based on voting for you when you asked to be voted off.
It's not always about who votes for whom. Sometimes you actually have to read what people say.
Really?!?! Read the posts?!?! I hadn't thought of that.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:
dagny wrote: It sure has taken a while compared to the other votes. I wonder why that is.

At least it's caused some participation.
It's taken awhile because it's not the late morning or middle of the day when the most people are on. The people participating now are the same people who have been participating. Really hasn't brought anyone out of the woodwork.
It started at 1:30 in the afternoon, my time. Before that, if you count NAN's nighttime outburst, right before the write up...(but nobody is focusing on me :roll:) ... Then we had to wait for the write up.... been going on ever since.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

It was 4:50 EDT, which is time zone most of us playing are in, when you said you wanted to vote for yourself.... so that's not really when a lot of people are active. Half of the posts since you said you wanted to be voted off are from me or you. It's not like there's some big debate going on here, it's just people saying they don't like what you did.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I hate selfish players

lynch dagny

color please

saw some suspicion for me..I'm nit a bad guy.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

MAC: Lynch Dagny

hey bad news (everyone) My laptop died. My CircutCity care plan is sending it to a third party so im out of commission for like 2 weeks. im on my desktop right now, but its 6 years old and has no mouse... (im using TABS) this sucks. sooo i doubt any services i render will be helpful. FML. Go Pens!
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

PS I love fighting. lol :lol:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

dagny wrote:Here. Day 2, I believe:
jaysmiter wrote:lynch dagny

Here's why:

1) Her "redwill radar." She was all about that prior to this game, no mention of it this game. Throws his name out there, but doesn't actually cast the vote until after the vote is over.

2) She brought up that "someone is attacking named, good players" and then says "omg, I'm probably next." I don't buy it. I think that was a way to throw us off and possibly an attempt at some trust-gaining.

3) I've always hated Tweety. That annoying yellow piece of crap.

I mean, it's not a ton to go off of, sure...but, it's something.

I'm gonna cast my vote in case I decide to go to bed early tonight and am not around until after noon tomorrow. If you guys go another direction, cool.

jaysmiter wrote:I'd really like for you to point out this "whole case" I've made for you.

I said I was suspicious...and then, if you'll remember correctly, after the kicksave lynching, I said that it made me a whole lot less suspicious of you.

I really wish you'd stop trying to push your own agenda as mine, that would be swell, thanks.

But, since you are so hell bent on "sacrificing yourself for the good of the village" I'll oblige. Personally, I think it's a lame tactic and a ridiculous move. But...whatever.

lynch dagny

At least we can get you out of the way, if you are good, and start to focus on what's really going on here.
Yes, after the night of the recruitment, you backed off on me and started posting funny. I know I'm good, so for you to change your mind after there was a conversion, could mean you now KNOW I'm good, too. Or it could mean nothing. Either way, I don't count it, because I don't know for sure.

But, I agree, get rid of me so the village can focus on getting a baddie.
...so...

OK...

I'm just trying to sort this out.

You want people to "think" and to "participate"...so I throw out a theory, on DAY 2...as to why I think you're bad...and that, of course is a "whole case" to you? I did forget that anytime someone targets you, they immediately become a suspect in your eyes... :scared:

You've been trying to force this "get rid of dagny" agenda on me the whole game. You even accused me of doing nothing but focusing on YOU while my vote was on KICKSAVE. What?

I made a post that said if the kicksave vote was a fail, your or badhands should go next. That was early in that day phase. As it went on, I realized that if kicksave turned up blue, you were probably blue, as well. Which is why I don't want to vote for you right now, but...I absolutely hate the pity plays, to which you have an abundance of this round.

So, you want yourself voted off? Like I said, I'll oblige. I don't agree with it. I don't really understand it. But...go for it. Have fun with it. I think that's limit anyway, so...yeah.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

dagny wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:

so why did you sign up to play? you either banked on dieing early or wanted to have role and didn't get one, and know you want to die?
Huh?

I didn't intend to do this when I signed up. I'm doing it based on how the game has progressed.
your post that my quote is attached to says that you are always dead early and that didn't happen this time so you figured it was best to take yourself out ( yes I realize I paraphrased that)

so you assumed you would die early in the game, and when OMG you weren't pegged by more than a couple people you came out and said well I am next, I can't believe I am not dead etc etc. and still you survive with little heat you vote for yourself

and then you keep saying well once everyone see's that I am blue it will help....... ummmm most people are now in agreement that you are blue we just want this mass confusion, and self righteousness out of the game
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

i think we should pull off dagny here

i'm going with lynch nan, i've had a feeling this game.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Troy Loney wrote:i think we should pull off dagny here

i'm going with lynch nan, i've had a feeling this game.
I hate to even point this out because I already know the repercussions of doing this...but...

c2i didn't count MWB's vote, so Mac's vote was number 9. The vote is over.

-NAN, Dagny, MWB, tfrizz, Mike, Malk, Jay, SDM, Mac = 9

I'm just trying to keep it fair and balanced...like the greatest TV network there is.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

wake up c2i?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:This isn't any better than someone throwing a tantrum and self-voting. I think this tactic has annoyed people more than thrown them off. This vote is basically meaningless because who's going to argue with voting for someone who self-votes?
That's my point here. She may very well be blue, but when a player is more focused on figuring out why they are still alive this late in the game instead of trying to focus on who is bad in the village, it takes away the focus for the rest of the village and causes suspicion (sp???).

She could be a red who was trying to play the "the baddies didn't kill me yet, they want you to vote me out" so we don't vote her out card.

Or she could really be blue and lost focus, and really is wondering why she isn't dead yet, which blows my mind.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

newarenanow wrote:
MWB wrote:This isn't any better than someone throwing a tantrum and self-voting. I think this tactic has annoyed people more than thrown them off. This vote is basically meaningless because who's going to argue with voting for someone who self-votes?
That's my point here. She may very well be blue, but when a player is more focused on figuring out why they are still alive this late in the game instead of trying to focus on who is bad in the village, it takes away the focus for the rest of the village and causes suspicion (sp???).

She could be a red who was trying to play the "the baddies didn't kill me yet, they want you to vote me out" so we don't vote her out card.

Or she could really be blue and lost focus, and really is wondering why she isn't dead yet, which blows my mind.
Precisely.

As "selfless" as she wants to make this seem...if she is blue, it was a completely selfish maneuver. Because...guess what? We just wasted a day phase voting off a blue where really no information is going to be gleaned from it... :thumb: :thumb: way to go.

If she is red...then...ha ha. Nice try, sucker.

It's a lame move either way...but it's over now. Where do we go from here?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

jaysmiter wrote: It's a lame move either way...but it's over now. Where do we go from here?
I'll let you know my thoughts once we find out what dags is/was. It could affect some things.

But I have a good idea on two individuals, although I think out of the two both are not bad, it's one or the other.

Then again, could be wrong.

I liked being the seer last game, because I could take my guesses and not be embarassed if I was completely off base. :scared:
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

the wicked child wrote:wake up c2i?
write-up coming in 45 minutes (i have a class to teach til then)
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

If she really is blue and the motive is truly what she says it is, then yes, poor strategy for sure.

Based on some of her posts I think there is more to this. Almost seems too contrived. Maybe we'll find out what more there is with the next write-up.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Tweety Bird came running to the center of town. "I'm not a baddie, but i can see i'm causing a lot of confusion. Kill me now! I'll even help."

The town stares at the flying yellow bird, and Maverick looks at her and says, "ummmm... who are you? and what confusion are you causing?"

"I'm tweety bird, everyone thinks i'm an evil woodland christmas because i'm the last one remaining that could be considered a "woodland critter" so i'd rather just get this over with now and kill me."

a new imaginary character came into town:
Spoiler:
they surrounder her and beat her down for lulz.

tweety bird (dagny) was a
Spoiler:
good imaginary character
2. NAN- Digger from Shirt Tales
3. PFiDC- Drop dead Fred
4. Mac- Arnold Slick from Turtle Crick
5. MWB- Latka Gravas
7. npv - zoidberg
9. troy loney - Homestarrunner
11. malka- stay puft marshmallow man
12. TWC - Gobo
13. Jays- Bret Maverick
16. Slappy-Master Shake
18. sdm- Dwight Schrute
19. mikeenike- leprechaun
20. tfrizz-Captian Hammer
21. dagny - Tweety Bird
22. Chef Patrick - Gir
24. Zaro - Santa

The Lorax (corvi) was a good imaginary character and brutally murdered night 1
Master splinter (cupkeeper) was a good imaginary character and beaten to death day 1
Big Bird (beerman) was the imagination land cop and poisoned night 2
Zaphod Beeblebrox (redwill) was a good imaginary character and beheaded then gutted by the village day 2.
The worm from dune (canaan) was the mayor of imagination land and was dissected night 3.
Butters (kicksave) was a good imaginary character and killed day 3.
Topper Harley (shafnutz) was the town doctor and stabbed in the back night 4.
Dr Nick (badhands) was a good imaginary character and had golf balls shoved down his throat on day 4.
Bugs Bunny (Relantel) was the town role blocker and was made into hosenfefer night 5.
Tweety Bird (dagny) was a good imaginary character and was beat down day 5.

It is now night 6, do it RPs (baddies, muah ha ha)
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

The towns people being completely confused decided maybe some sleep would be best. When they awoke the next morning, the characters decided to have a giant feast as they knew there wouldn't be a lot of time left. While digging up beets for the feast, Dwight found legs sticking up from the ground. He said, "I've never seen a beet look like that!!!" As he started digging it up, he saw it was not a beet at all... it was

Digger from Shirt Tales (nan) and he was
Spoiler:
a good imaginary character.

3. PFiDC- Drop dead Fred
4. Mac- Arnold Slick from Turtle Crick
5. MWB- Latka Gravas
7. npv - zoidberg
9. troy loney - Homestarrunner
11. malka- stay puft marshmallow man
12. TWC - Gobo
13. Jays- Bret Maverick
16. Slappy-Master Shake
18. sdm- Dwight Schrute
19. mikeenike- leprechaun
20. tfrizz-Captian Hammer
21. dagny - Tweety Bird
22. Chef Patrick - Gir
24. Zaro - Santa

The Lorax (corvi) was a good imaginary character and brutally murdered night 1
Master splinter (cupkeeper) was a good imaginary character and beaten to death day 1
Big Bird (beerman) was the imagination land cop and poisoned night 2
Zaphod Beeblebrox (redwill) was a good imaginary character and beheaded then gutted by the village day 2.
The worm from dune (canaan) was the mayor of imagination land and was dissected night 3.
Butters (kicksave) was a good imaginary character and killed day 3.
Topper Harley (shafnutz) was the town doctor and stabbed in the back night 4.
Dr Nick (badhands) was a good imaginary character and had golf balls shoved down his throat on day 4.
Bugs Bunny (Relantel) was the town role blocker and was made into hosenfefer night 5.
Tweety Bird (dagny) was a good imaginary character and was beat down day 5.
Digger from Shirt Tales (nan) was a good imaginary character and was buried alive night 6.

it is now night 6 and there are 14 characters left, it takes 8 to lynch. do it.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Alright, since I'm heading out of town for a bit after work, I'm gonna get my vote in now.

lynch MikeEnIke

He hasn't contributed anything to this game aside from Flyer-related crazy talk. Absolutely no finding baddies.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

tfrizz wrote:Alright, since I'm heading out of town for a bit after work, I'm gonna get my vote in now.

lynch MikeEnIke

He hasn't contributed anything to this game aside from Flyer-related crazy talk. Absolutely no finding baddies.
I actually agree with the vote... but you can literally say this about every player in the game. :)
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

the wicked child wrote:
tfrizz wrote:Alright, since I'm heading out of town for a bit after work, I'm gonna get my vote in now.

lynch MikeEnIke

I actually agree with the vote... but you can literally say this about every player in the game. :)
Ugh, I missed a word in there... "Absolutely no help finding baddies"

And yeah, you're right... none of us have been any good at it this game :face:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Would be nice to get some thinking going on here. I'm guesstimating 4 or 5 baddies depending on how many there were to start. If there are 6 (which would be excessive), we have to get it right this time or we lose. Basically means we can be wrong 0, 1, or 2 more times depending on how many bad guys are out there.

I am thinking either MikeEnIke or mac personally... but my radar is nonexistent this game so I'd like to hear from others.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

lynch pfidc

this reminds me of the last time the baddies whooped on the village, he was apart of that.