***LOST WARS GAME THREAD***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: ***LOST WARS GAME THREAD***

Post by slappybrown »

thehockeyguru wrote:We lost 1 good RP already and Dagny is claiming to be another. What are the odds of finding 2 good RP's out of 32? 25%?
This is so dumb. :face:

I'd rather vote for dags, but you are so enticing. I just dont think youre anything.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

Troy Loney wrote:i said one reason, i meant 2.
:slug:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I'm not sure what to think on the whole dagny thing, it seems like she could possibly just be some sort of ISK. I know someone brought that up in the very beginning, I think those roles usually have protection for a certain number of nights so that could play right into why she's gotten out of being killed multiple times now. I think it's best not to focus too much on her for right now and move in another direction. Come back to her in a few days when we might have more clarity on the situation, plus we don't waste another attempted kill if she's still protected.

I also don't think she should use her special power she's implied right now, if she's telling the truth there's no reason to use it just yet imo.

I'm starting to get hungry, I could really go for a smore but we don't have chocolate, graham crackers or marshmallows :scared: , I tried making one that had sand and coconut milk between two slices of pineapple but that was terrible.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

newarenanow wrote:I wish you didn't say that last line in your last post dags. You should have just kept the poll going.
I don't understand. I did keep the poll going.

"Some" people don't seem to understand why I haven't revealed it yet, since they voted yes. I'm not going to unless there's a village consensus, but apparently I had to explain that to them.

redwill really, really, really wants to know what it is.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

dags...i see what you're saying with somethings being better left unsaid so the baddies don't know, but at the same time you have to understand that everything looks very suspicious.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

dagny wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I wish you didn't say that last line in your last post dags. You should have just kept the poll going.
I don't understand. I did keep the poll going.

"Some" people don't seem to understand why I haven't revealed it yet, since they voted yes. I'm not going to unless there's a village consensus, but apparently I had to explain that to them.

redwill really, really, really wants to know what it is.
Yeah, but the other baddies will now either a) avoid the answer, or b) answer opposite.

I just wish you would have just kept it going w/o saying that.

Just my point of view. Doesn't mean I'm right.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

To me, dags is obviously lying. That "explanation" was such a a jumbled, garbled pile of poo I am amazed that people believe it. And I'm not sure how just voting for a quiet person helps us.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

shafnutz05 wrote: And I'm not sure how just voting for a quiet person helps us.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

beerman wrote:I'm not sure what to think on the whole dagny thing, it seems like she could possibly just be some sort of ISK. I know someone brought that up in the very beginning, I think those roles usually have protection for a certain number of nights so that could play right into why she's gotten out of being killed multiple times now. I think it's best not to focus too much on her for right now and move in another direction. Come back to her in a few days when we might have more clarity on the situation, plus we don't waste another attempted kill if she's still protected.

I also don't think she should use her special power she's implied right now, if she's telling the truth there's no reason to use it just yet imo.

I'm starting to get hungry, I could really go for a smore but we don't have chocolate, graham crackers or marshmallows :scared: , I tried making one that had sand and coconut milk between two slices of pineapple but that was terrible.
Really to be honest, the only thing that stuck out in my mind, and this is the last thing I'm going to add to the Dagny conversation is that.
These JOAT powers are a little different. I do not have a kill option. There is a completely different power that we've never had in the game before, but it will become pointless if I divulge it. It can be an absolute game breaker near the end of the game, though.

I also get one seer option, but there's a condition that must be met, that I'm not allowed to reveal, before I can use it.

I'll now be asking for the angel's assistance in protecting me at night. Angel is still hidden, so it can at least keep the baddies guessing as to whether or not they should waste another night on me.
It just seems to fake and forced. She had the ability to protect herself once, had she said, that she was able to protect herself multiple nights, it would of kept the bad guy's guessing. I mean, it's just laid out to me, and feels very forced IMO. I look at it at a few ways.

1) She's the baddies angel, and she protected herself, "knowingly" that most of the heat was going to be on her, which it was. Now she's using this last ditch effort to get something to stick.

2) she's the alpha or regular, and basically read the rest of part 1.

3) Or she's telling the truth.

To me, I'm willing to explore option #3. I'm fine with her surviving a few days, but until something more is gained about this special "game breaking" ability, I am hesitant at the very least. If it's really that game breaking, why would you even say it? It's either really selfish in order to keep yourself alive, and or you're a baddie trying to extend your stay.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Every time there have been weird events like this (i.e. the person being protected multiple times) the person has turned up red. I go back to when I was the Godfather, and you guys tried to kill me two separate times.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Troy Loney wrote:i don't believe dagny's story at all for one reason....she used the "mayor" role to explain surviving the lynch.

1. that role was used only once or twice in these games and never stuck.
2. it wouldn't be called "mayor", if it were some power for this game i bet it would have some lost connotation to the role or power title.
It is called the mayor power, my protect was called the angel power, my research is called the seer power, my other power is called the politician. Something we've NEVER had before.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I find it odd that she mentions only this "game changing power" no power to see no power to kill. I dont know it just seems odd.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Good timing.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

not to change the subject or anything, but have we given any thought as to what happened to mac? i mean, i know he's missing, but what caused his absence? random choice by the mods? someone having a specialized role? dags and mac were the only two that something happened to, i would think the baddies tried to kill someone last night and the only attempt to kill was on dags.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

"the politician"............oh come on. If you are telling the truth, i apologize. But this reeks of the "making up a new title" game...kind of like when I made up the "scout" rule in NHL Warz.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

count2infinity wrote:not to change the subject or anything, but have we given any thought as to what happened to mac? i mean, i know he's missing, but what caused his absence? random choice by the mods? someone having a specialized role? dags and mac were the only two that something happened to, i would think the baddies tried to kill someone last night and the only attempt to kill was on dags.
I agree. I find it odd that Mac is gone and something tried to kill Dagny.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Malkamaniac wrote:It just seems to fake and forced. She had the ability to protect herself once, had she said, that she was able to protect herself multiple nights, it would of kept the bad guy's guessing. I mean, it's just laid out to me, and feels very forced IMO. I look at it at a few ways.

1) She's the baddies angel, and she protected herself, "knowingly" that most of the heat was going to be on her, which it was. Now she's using this last ditch effort to get something to stick.

2) she's the alpha or regular, and basically read the rest of part 1.

3) Or she's telling the truth.

To me, I'm willing to explore option #3. I'm fine with her surviving a few days, but until something more is gained about this special "game breaking" ability, I am hesitant at the very least. If it's really that game breaking, why would you even say it? It's either really selfish in order to keep yourself alive, and or you're a baddie trying to extend your stay.
Yeah I pretty much agree here. Something seems up with it, but I'm willing to let it go to the backburner for a little bit and go in another direction.

I'm trying a new smore recipe with some pineapple and scorpions between a few english muffins I found in the wreckage anybody want some?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

shafnutz05 wrote:"the politician"............oh come on. If you are telling the truth, i apologize. But this reeks of the "making up a new title" game...kind of like when I made up the "scout" rule in NHL Warz.
well completely talking out of her ass would fit with a "Politician" role wouldn't it? :pop:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

shafnutz05 wrote:"the politician"............oh come on. If you are telling the truth, i apologize. But this reeks of the "making up a new title" game...kind of like when I made up the "scout" rule in NHL Warz.

If the village concurs, I'll reveal what it is, use it tonight to prove it, and then we can quit wasting our time on me, and go after those of you who are pushing so hard for me to reveal it.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

dagny wrote:

If the village concurs, I'll reveal what it is, use it tonight to prove it, and then we can quit wasting our time on me, and go after those of you who are pushing so hard for me to reveal it.
Outside of Redwill who is pushing that hard? I think it's fair to say most of us don't believe you, but hardly pushing.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

count2infinity wrote:not to change the subject or anything, but have we given any thought as to what happened to mac? i mean, i know he's missing, but what caused his absence? random choice by the mods? someone having a specialized role? dags and mac were the only two that something happened to, i would think the baddies tried to kill someone last night and the only attempt to kill was on dags.
THIS is what I want to know, but I hesitated posting about it for fear of people thinking I was trying to deflect.

I can not come up with anything or any role to fit this situation.

A missing villager? What kind of role does that? Will he come back? HOW will he come back? Who took him? Are they good or bad?

omg.... dharma?

maybe a dharma faction and an others faction? maybe to make a recruit in this game they have to be taken overnight?

(just thinking out loud as it hit me)
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Azkar wrote:dagny is a jort?
This makes the most sense so far.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

omg.... dharma?

maybe a dharma faction and an others faction? maybe to make a recruit in this game they have to be taken overnight?

:lol:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

dagny wrote:
THIS is what I want to know, but I hesitated posting about it for fear of people thinking I was trying to deflect.

I can not come up with anything or any role to fit this situation.

A missing villager? What kind of role does that? Will he come back? HOW will he come back? Who took him? Are they good or bad?

omg.... dharma?

that could have also been a package given to him by the mods.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shafnutz05 wrote:
omg.... dharma?

:lol:
I keep thinking about Dharma and Greg