History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by Zarovich »

I'm willing to guess the bosses have a detective role and a blocker. Detective found jays, blocked him and killed him.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Twisted Wrister wrote:something smells fishy to me.

Well, Calamity Jane is a prostitute.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

without the doctor, this really puts a hurting on the village.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

crayz wrote:I'm not sure what yesterdays day vote does for us without knowing what nan is....if he is good, I think we will learn some about the people who jumped on him tough, if he is bad....then those who shy'd away
Voting for NAN was a bandwagon move until it was derailed and a good guy was killed. So now you're saying anyone who voted for NAN instead of the good guy may be bad?!?!

I don't have a clue who's good or who's bad, but your post has me... :pop:
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

eh, lynch nan

i'd like to learn from yesterdays vote one way or another
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

Well, the chances of getting another Good RP are not as good. Lets hope for a Red Guy.

Lynch NAN
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

FWIW, I'm fine with still voting out NAN if that's what everyone else wants to do. Maybe it'll give us something to go on, but I'm not counting on it.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Hockeynut! wrote:
crayz wrote:I'm not sure what yesterdays day vote does for us without knowing what nan is....if he is good, I think we will learn some about the people who jumped on him tough, if he is bad....then those who shy'd away
Voting for NAN was a bandwagon move until it was derailed and a good guy was killed. So now you're saying anyone who voted for NAN instead of the good guy may be bad?!?!

Yesterdays vote was started by Jaysmiter no?

I'm saying, once we determine what nan is for sure...we can look at the people who voted, didn't vote, and who changed.

If nan is bad, other bads who were voting for him to stay in the clear would have switched right away to sdm. In addition, some bad would have avoided voting for him all together and possibly defended him (ie: bhaw, me...)
If nan is good, some bads may have been more hesitant to leave nan and go to sdm...until it was for sure sdm was going to die.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

how do they keep finding our RP's??? lynch cupkeeper... once again, if we don't learn from history, we're doomed to repeat it.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

count2infinity wrote:how do they keep finding our RP's??? lynch cupkeeper... once again, if we don't learn from history, we're doomed to repeat it.
i'd be for a CK vote in the next day or two...i just would like to try and learn from what happened during day 2
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

crayz wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:

Yesterdays vote was started by Jaysmiter no?

I'm saying, once we determine what nan is for sure...we can look at the people who voted, didn't vote, and who changed.

If nan is bad, other bads who were voting for him to stay in the clear would have switched right away to sdm. In addition, some bad would have avoided voting for him all together and possibly defended him (ie: bhaw, me...)
If nan is good, some bads may have been more hesitant to leave nan and go to sdm...until it was for sure sdm was going to die.
So what you're saying is that the NAN sdm vote tells us nothing?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

2 - nan
1 - cupkeeper
1 - npv
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I can see the "if NAN is bad" thing being true, but not the "if he's good" scenario. It just doesn't seem logical to me, but no worries.

I was surprised at how some people automatically said "Oh, it's no big deal", "It doesn't matter" when sdm was revealed to be a good guy. But then, I don't think a bad guy would actually come out and say something like that.

Whatever. I was wrong most of last game so I'm not confident that I'm any good at this game yet.

Lynch NAN
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Zarovich wrote:
mac5155 wrote:random night message to come within a few minutes.

Yay...

lynch npv

He posts way too much at night for my liking.
Are you serious?

wow. You think its suspicious that I can actually play the game this time around and the RP's are delaying it so much? Sounds like you're defending those that send in the PM's...could be good or bad. I also didn't talk shop during the night phase, I was just trying to lighten things up after the first few bad days/nights...Plus If I was a baddie, wouldn't the PM had been in about 5 hours ago???
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Font color fail!

Lynch NAN
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I think it's those four rotting good RP corpses bobbing up from the river bottom...
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

redwill wrote:
I think it's those four rotting good RP corpses bobbing up from the river bottom...
o shoot, i forgot to tie dem cinder blocks to 'em!
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I think a NAN vote would be a good idea right now, but if not NAN we have to go for MWB or cupkeeper.

lynch NAN
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

mac5155 wrote:4 - nan
1 - cupkeeper
1 - npv
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Hockeynut! wrote:I can see the "if NAN is bad" thing being true, but not the "if he's good" scenario. It just doesn't seem logical to me, but no worries.

I was surprised at how some people automatically said "Oh, it's no big deal", "It doesn't matter" when sdm was revealed to be a good guy. But then, I don't think a bad guy would actually come out and say something like that.

Whatever. I was wrong most of last game so I'm not confident that I'm any good at this game yet.

Lynch NAN
That was me and all I was saying is that
1. sdm's role was irrelevant if dagny was the other mason. He essentially became blue once dagny died. Unless of course it was a 3 way (giggity)
2. the mason rps seem fairly useless to the village as a whole to begin with. I've never played with masons before so maybe I don't see the benefit.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

bhaw wrote: 2. the mason rps seem fairly useless to the village as a whole to begin with. I've never played with masons before so maybe I don't see the benefit.
This is only my second game, so I wasn't really sure what Mason's did. I just don't think it can be good to lose any good player. Unless it's THG as Spongebob, that is. :lol:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Hockeynut! wrote:
bhaw wrote: 2. the mason rps seem fairly useless to the village as a whole to begin with. I've never played with masons before so maybe I don't see the benefit.
This is only my second game, so I wasn't really sure what Mason's did. I just don't think it can be good to lose any good player. Unless it's THG as Spongebob, that is. :lol:
Difference between "good" and "not a big deal." Losing the vig isn't a huge detriment due to things like you mentioned. Just b/c a good rp dies doesn't mean it's :scared: time. The loss of the doctor was far more brutal than the masons.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

count2infinity wrote:how do they keep finding our RP's???
Consider who is capable of wreaking such havoc.

Senka?

Most definitely. I saw him post a bit ago, so hopefully he will say something useful.

NAN?

Dunno. I don't have much of a feel for him as a player. What does everyone else think?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

The only good thing about being a mason (I've been one twice) is that you can talk shop throughout the game with the other person and get their read on something. Sometimes they can even be bad and you eventually start to figure that out one way or the other by them talking. That's what happened in Holiday Wars...both of the masons were mafia, but from different families. I think cupkeeper figured it out pretty quickly..
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Also if it helps...during the Holiday Wars game...cupkeeper and MWB picked off a ton of good RP's in a row, and I think Senka and MWB did it in the game before that.