What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Post by 60sixx »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:7 Powerball Tickets, 6 Super Six Lottos, FIVEEEE CASHHHH FIVESSSSS, 4 Big Fours, 3 Daily Numbers, 2 Instant Games, and Best wishes from the lott-errr-yyy
They changed "2 instant games" with something else this year, and I was disturbed that I noticed the change.
What is more disturbing is that I have lived in Chicago for the past three years, and I haven't seen the commercial during that period. However, I was singing the song in the shower this morning, which led me to post it in this thread. Soooo catchy. I can also hear the guy say, "Thanks, Jane!" or whatever it is when his friend gives him two tickets.
It's Rita. "Thanks, Rita." I KNOW THIS BECAUSE IT GETS STUCK IN MY HEAD, TOO. :evil: Plus, it's been on every Christmas for like 20 years, I swear.

I will now go punch myself for knowing the lady's name. :face:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

From what I found on the internets, the PA lottery commercial isn't quite 20 years old yet. I thought it was around since the mid 80s, but the comments here say 1992: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Seasons Greetings from the lottery or whatever. Yeah lameo commercial for sure.

Gus the groundhog isn't much better either.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by 60sixx »

I lied. It's "Happy Holidays, Rita."

I feel better for messing that up....like I'm not NEARLY as lame for knowing the lady's name now. :oops:
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ILikeTurtles »

Any and all Hyundai commericals, all of them are absolutely brutal.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

jprolley wrote:but im annoyed by keith stone. bring back bitter beer face.
You mean Jack Black playing Joe Dirt?
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

ILikeTurtles wrote:Any and all Hyundai commericals, all of them are absolutely brutal.
The one with the girl singing and playing the guitar is the worst because she's really attractive but her characters are terrible and she tries to be funny and pronounces Hyundai in a weird manner.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by roland »

Your pizza sucks and so does this commercial!

[youtube][/youtube]
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Flobot
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Pizza Hut seriously has some of the most bland, gross pizza I've ever had. I'm not a fan of the chains in general, but even Papa John's at least has a somewhat flavorful sauce (and that amazing garlic butter dip).
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

i've grown completely averse to that skoreit commercial where that dudebag with the backwards hat is bragging up his loser lot of electronics he got on the cheap
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

shafnutz05 wrote:Pizza Hut seriously has some of the most bland, gross pizza I've ever had. I'm not a fan of the chains in general, but even Papa John's at least has a somewhat flavorful sauce (and that amazing garlic butter dip).
Yeah, i seriously have no idea how the places like Pizza Hut survive in Pittsburgh. When we have places like Geno's, Mineo's, Fiori's and Giavanni's around, those pizza chain restaurants look like even more of a joke. Pittsburgh is well known for it's Pizza and sandwiches.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Bioshock wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Pizza Hut seriously has some of the most bland, gross pizza I've ever had. I'm not a fan of the chains in general, but even Papa John's at least has a somewhat flavorful sauce (and that amazing garlic butter dip).
Yeah, i seriously have no idea how the places like Pizza Hut survive in Pittsburgh. When we have places like Geno's, Mineo's, Fiori's and Giavanni's around, those pizza chain restaurants look like even more of a joke. Pittsburgh is well known for it's Pizza and sandwiches.
Convenience. I know there's been a few times at work where they said there's a 30 min wait at pizza shop A and 30-40 at pizza shop B, but pizza hut said 10-15 minutes. I'd rather go to a local shop 9 times out of 10, but there is that 10th time where I'm hungry and looking for anything that even slightly resembles pizza to hold me over until dinner.

New FreeCreditScore.com commercials = unwatchable.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

JS© wrote: New FreeCreditScore.com commercials = unwatchable.
don't know why, but i get particularly infuriated by how they ripped off freecreditreport.com's commercials.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I thought FreeCreditReport.com changed to FreeCreditScore.com?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

ok so now I'm confused. Are they different or are they the same company?

Regardless, the commercial with them hanging out and playing their jingle in the airport (like that would ever happen in 2012) irritates me.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

JS© wrote:ok so now I'm confused. Are they different or are they the same company?

Regardless, the commercial with them hanging out and playing their jingle in the airport (like that would ever happen in 2012) irritates me.
it's a different company name. i don't know if there was any merger or acquisition or anything.

it's definitely a different band doing the dumb songs...and a horrible parody of the original. so take a horrible parody of something that was dumb in the first place...not good
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

No, I'm pretty sure it's the same company.

I remember they were doing open auditions for bands for the new commercial or something like that.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

we buy any car
any
any
any
any
we buy any car
any
any
any
any
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

mac5155 wrote:we buy any car
any
any
any
any
we buy any car
any
any
any
any
So when my wife and I were in London, we were watching Top Gear and all of a sudden this commercial came on. I couldn't believe it. The only difference though is that instead of people actually singing the words, they did the "we buy any car" tune with slamming car doors and trunks. It was actually kind of clever
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

MRandall25 wrote:No, I'm pretty sure it's the same company.

I remember they were doing open auditions for bands for the new commercial or something like that.
Yeah, they were doing them last year, which is why I thought they finally found a winner (unfortunately) and started filming new commercials.

I'm gonna have to suffer and pay more attention to see if it's the same or different now.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

"CARFAX" and "CARFOX" do not sound the same!!!!!

I want to punch that stupid puppet.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Upon further review, freecreditreport.com and freecreditscore.com are both run by the same company. FreeCreditScore.com and FreeCreditReport.com are websites owned by Experian Consumer Direct, a subsidiary of the credit bureau Experian. The sites offer users their personal credit reports from Experian on the condition that they sign up for Experian's Triple Advantage credit monitoring program for a fee.
wikipedia.com/FreeCreditScore.com wrote:In October 2007, Experian Consumer Direct began airing an advertising campaign featuring singer Eric Violette as a man struggling with difficult life circumstances due to his poor credit score, and his ignorance of it. The commercials feature jingles written using various distinctive forms of popular music. To date the company has aired nine different commercials, which have aired in different orders in different markets. The commercials featuring Violette and his band stopped airing in February 2010 to focus advertising on FreeCreditScore.com and a new band.

In May 2010 a nationwide band search began to find the new face of freecreditscore.com. Live auditions were held in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. Bands could also submit videos of themselves online at freecreditscoreband.com for consideration. Many were typical entries, but some bands, apparently as a joke, submitting videos as well, most notably Comparative Anatomy (band). In August 2010 The Victorious Secrets were named the new FCS Band.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

When that guy sings, "Its good mood food" i think more of sucide not homicide.

9020 thats all i got to say about that.

The old Giant Eagle commercial, after some guy went to a dentist and the wife buys him ice cream, and when he sees it he says. "Cookie and Cream" like he has cotton in his mouth. That commercial drove me nuts.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

The new JC Penny commercial with all the screaming.

**** that commercial