*** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD *** (Part 2)

Post by MWB »

the wicked child wrote:
MWB wrote:Also, IE, you said that you protected THG one night and he didn't know it, or something to that effect. What did you mean by that? I switched my vote from you after you said that and was hoping to write about it the next day, but I was dead before I could say anything.
She had a package where if 3 different people (not including IE or thg) didn't post smilies that day, he would commit suicide. Corvi even laid out a "ranking" system for smilies... ie. :D = 1 smilie, whereas :) = .5 smilie

She also was NOT allowed to ask anyone or tell them about it. Fortunately for THG, like 4 people posted :lol: smilies jsut a page or 2 into the day.
lulz :thumb:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

MWB wrote:I can't wait to see what the other packages were. I think the jellies were at a little bit of a disadvantage with the crayz tourist/traveler find, but maybe some of the packages could've helped us out. Also didn't help that so many people were so confident that there weren't any conversions because it didn't say so in the write-up. Every time someone died blue and came back to life people were pretty confident they were still blue.
Yeah, you guys actually hurt yourselves by killing off beerman and wallflower in that regard - they would have eventually used ones that were very much beneficial to your cause.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

wallflower wrote: It was obvious that was why he was still alive and, honestly, the vig is usually more helpful to the bad guys than the good. (Though I remember a really epically good vig in the first mafia game - that was jwie, wasn't it?) It would've been okay if people would've just ignored what he was saying but, much like the night talking, we know how that turned out. :lol:
Yeah, some of the posts were great, especially whatever the one implicating kicksave was supposed to be.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i'm hoping i'm a bad guy before my next modded game. i want to feel the power of killing! :lol:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

the wicked child wrote:
MWB wrote:I can't wait to see what the other packages were. I think the jellies were at a little bit of a disadvantage with the crayz tourist/traveler find, but maybe some of the packages could've helped us out. Also didn't help that so many people were so confident that there weren't any conversions because it didn't say so in the write-up. Every time someone died blue and came back to life people were pretty confident they were still blue.
Yeah, you guys actually hurt yourselves by killing off beerman and wallflower in that regard - they would have eventually used ones that were very much beneficial to your cause.
I can only speak for myself, but I didn't even think about beerman or wallflower being able to create beneficial packages for us.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

count2infinity wrote:i'm hoping i'm a bad guy before my next modded game. i want to feel the power of killing! :lol:
at that note, first day vote: net/lynch/salt/fire/unwrap c2i
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

MWB wrote:
wallflower wrote: It was obvious that was why he was still alive and, honestly, the vig is usually more helpful to the bad guys than the good. (Though I remember a really epically good vig in the first mafia game - that was jwie, wasn't it?) It would've been okay if people would've just ignored what he was saying but, much like the night talking, we know how that turned out. :lol:
Yeah, some of the posts were great, especially whatever the one implicating kicksave was supposed to be.
I can't tell you how many times I read that trying to figure out the point of it. I'm pretty sure I was staring at my monitor with my mouth just hanging open, stunned.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

MWB wrote:I can only speak for myself, but I didn't even think about beerman or wallflower being able to create beneficial packages for us.
I understand why you guys killed them - how would you know that they could do as much harm as good? It just happened to turn out that way as we randomized the list and beerman/wf picked mostly good or neutral packages throughout.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

wallflower wrote:
MWB wrote:
I can't tell you how many times I read that trying to figure out the point of it. I'm pretty sure I was staring at my monitor with my mouth just hanging open, stunned.
I read it and lauged for a good couple of minutes
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

oh ya, major lol at THG trying to trick kicksave....that whole debacle was filled with :face:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

wallflower wrote:
MWB wrote:
You weren't the only one. I was dead, knew who the last jelly was, and had no idea who he was trying to say was bad or what the reasoning way. I read it at least 10 times.

Sucked for me that even my "power" ended up helping the village.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I didn't want to "overreact" to make it seem like he was on to something but it was obvious he was up to something. I bit my tongue though. If I said what I wanted to say, I would have been banned.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

crayz wrote:
count2infinity wrote:i'm hoping i'm a bad guy before my next modded game. i want to feel the power of killing! :lol:
at that note, first day vote: net/lynch/salt/fire/unwrap THG
fixed it for you ;)
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

We almost made the MS role an independent since his packages really were a mixed bag, but decided to make him good in the end. If not for those potential bad packages, we would have had 1 or 2 more jellies for sure.

At the same time, I think the smaller number also helped the JF mix in better.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

I'm working on a summary thread now. You guys should have seen the stuff we left out (Zombies).
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

GJ village. I'm happy I lived through more than 1-2 night phases :D
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

the wicked child wrote:
MWB wrote:I can only speak for myself, but I didn't even think about beerman or wallflower being able to create beneficial packages for us.
I understand why you guys killed them - how would you know that they could do as much harm as good? It just happened to turn out that way as we randomized the list and beerman/wf picked mostly good or neutral packages throughout.
I knew there should have been a possibility. However before beerman was killed all the packages were either pro-town or just caused a posting handicap.

Had we not nailed the seer and angel very early on this game would've been a bloodbath for the town.
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

Pavel Bure wrote:
the wicked child wrote:
I knew there should have been a possibility. However before beerman was killed all the packages were either pro-town or just caused a posting handicap.

Had we not nailed the seer and angel very early on this game would've been a bloodbath for the town.
***ahem***
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Pavel Bure wrote:Had we not nailed the seer and angel very early on this game would've been a bloodbath for the town.
Maybe. Assuming thg wouldn't have shot NAN ;)
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

wallflower wrote:
MWB wrote:
agreed times 1514514561
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Juice wrote:GJ village. I'm happy I lived through more than 1-2 night phases :D
I was hoping they were gonna do to you what they did to me. "He's alive, kill him!" then you were pretty quiet for a couple days and I felt that you were one of the type that was eventually gonna come in and drop a long post of knowledge of on the game so I killed you.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

the wicked child wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:Then it really isnt a help to the village, it would have to be considered an independent because you are far more likely to kill a villager than a baddie.
The vigilante is a double-edged sword for the village. You are far more likely to get good guys, just by the numbers game.

What you CAN do, however, is use your kills to diffuse situations or answer questions.

I actually thought your npv kill was a good move, even though he was just a regular because it answered that question for the resort. I was stunned by the dagny one though since I am pretty sure Azkar pointed out that she was clear. (unless I misread)
I agree.

I was the vig once. held onto a few of my kills. But I shot a person I was 99.9% was a villager one night soley because they were causing issue and fighting with other villagers on the side, taking away the focus of the game. I personally thought it ended up helping.

It's not so much shooting and guessing right or wrong, it's about answering questions and diffusing bad situations in the village IMO.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Man...as I said in the dead thread, I think I gave myself a mild concussion from the amount of face-palming I did.

Whoever's call it was to kill me, :thumb: :thumb: because I had cupkeeper and jwie pegged. Sadly, it took my death to really solidify those two in my eyes.

Jwie, I knew you were bad because not only were you posting at night, you were just trying to goad information out of people. You weren't adding anything to the discussion...just egging people on. Amazingly, it worked. CK, refer to my post earlier on why I knew you were bad...you were a pie chart away from getting the ax. :pop:

The bad guys were absolutely right in keeping Azkar alive. When Azkar said "I can't be killed at night and I'll fade away after some time" it was a free pass to create all kinds of doubt and suspicion down the road. If Azkar was in the final three, this game would be a jelly win.

The funniest part for me was watching the village completely implode with very little influence by the jellies. There was a point where none of the jellies were doing anything and the remaining villagers were just acting all the fool.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

newarenanow wrote: I agree.

I was the vig once. held onto a few of my kills. But I shot a person I was 99.9% was a villager one night soley because they were causing issue and fighting with other villagers on the side, taking away the focus of the game. I personally thought it ended up helping.

It's not so much shooting and guessing right or wrong, it's about answering questions and diffusing bad situations in the village IMO.
Yeah. You shot me. Jerk. :(
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »