Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by the wicked child »

It's a BC Rich Warlock... wasn't aware anyone else made them. Was too lazy to type the company earlier I guess.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

edit.. meant for music thread.
Last edited by skullman80 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 9#p2657249" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No one wants to continue it there? :(
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

MRandall25 wrote:I get peeved when people don't talk about peeves in the peeve thread.

Peeve.

I get peeved that some people seem to be always peeved, even outside the peeve thread.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

MRandall25 wrote:http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 9#p2657249

No one wants to continue it there? :(
I moved my post. :lol:
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Some guy I used to work with just posted something about being out of tampons. Clearly his girlfriend got on his phone and posted some shenanigans. Whatever, that doesn't bother me. Then the first reply was, "LOL WHO HACKED YOU". Someone grabbing your phone isn't "hacking".
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Crankshaft wrote:Some guy I used to work with just posted something about being out of tampons. Clearly his girlfriend got on his phone and posted some shenanigans. Whatever, that doesn't bother me. Then the first reply was, "LOL WHO HACKED YOU". Someone grabbing your phone isn't "hacking".
Also agreeing to let apps post on your behalf on Twitter and Facebook and then mysteriosuly those apps post things on your behalf, that's not being hacked either.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Those stupid pie chart memes. Especially the ones with only 1 color.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

I live in a suburban-type area. In my neighborhood parents drive their kids to the bus stop, which can't be more than 1/8 of a mile away.
That bothers me. The whole "In my day..." thing.

Then, not only do they drive them there but they wait in their cars for the bus to come. So often they'll be four deep at an intersection. They pull off the road slightly. But it makes navigating the intersection where there are children present much more difficult and dangerous. And if there's just one of them (like there was this morning) I don't know if they're just waiting their turn at the stop sign or what. They didn't have their four-ways on. So I sat there like a doofus waiting for a bit. Then when I figured they were waiting for the bus I went around them. Now, because I had to go around I end up going over in the other lane where oncoming traffic turning onto this street would be coming. Any car turning in here wouldn't be expecting my car to be in their lane. Bad news.

Why do they do this? Are they worried about their kid being kidknapped? They do it in the summer too. What's more likely to happen? Their kid getting kidknapped or causing an accident in which their child was involved because they were all hoarded up at the stop sign. And these aren't just 7 year olds either.

For realsies, though, I walked 1/2 mile home from school. I don't like parents. Parents are my irrational pet pieve.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

People who cook smelly stuff in the office microwave for lunch...I'm looking at you cabbage/sauerkraut and fish eaters.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

yubb wrote:I live in a suburban-type area. In my neighborhood parents drive their kids to the bus stop, which can't be more than 1/8 of a mile away.

Then, not only do they drive them there but they wait in their cars for the bus to come. So often they'll be four deep at an intersection. They pull off the road slightly. But it makes navigating the intersection where there are children present much more difficult and dangerous. And if there's just one of them (like there was this morning) I don't know if they're just waiting their turn at the stop sign or what. They didn't have their four-ways on. So I sat there like a doofus waiting for a bit. Then when I figured they were waiting for the bus I went around them. Now, because I had to go around I end up going over in the other lane where oncoming traffic turning onto this street would be coming. Any car turning in here wouldn't be expecting my car to be in their lane. Bad news.

Why do they do this? Are they worried about their kid being kidknapped? They do it in the summer too. What's more likely to happen? Their kid getting kidknapped or causing an accident in which their child was involved because they were all hoarded up at the stop sign. And these aren't just 7 year olds either.

For realsies, though, I walked 1/2 mile home from school. I don't like parents. Parents are my irrational pet pieve.
There was a time when I talked my bus driver into dropping me off/picking me up in front of my house. It was about a mile around the block and there were stops at the 1/4 points around this block except the one where my house was and the bus went past my house. The point of this though, is that I always wanted to get in the car and have my mom drive me down the driveway to the bus when it arrived.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

blackjack68 wrote:People who cook smelly stuff in the office microwave for lunch...I'm looking at you cabbage/sauerkraut and fish eaters.
...I had sauerkraut and pork for lunch. Sorry
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Idoit40fans wrote:
yubb wrote:I live in a suburban-type area. In my neighborhood parents drive their kids to the bus stop, which can't be more than 1/8 of a mile away.

There was a time when I talked my bus driver into dropping me off/picking me up in front of my house. It was about a mile around the block and there were stops at the 1/4 points around this block except the one where my house was and the bus went past my house. The point of this though, is that I always wanted to get in the car and have my mom drive me down the driveway to the bus when it arrived.
Soff
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

In my day...we didn't have to go to the bus stop.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

do kids even walk to school anymore?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I used to skate to school if it wasn't raining out. 3+ miles too.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:do kids even walk to school anymore?
I think it depends. The schools where I live today are not really in walking distance for the majority of kids.

Where I grew up, the elementary schools (most of them) were build right in the middle of giant housing plans where a lot of kids could walk, and they still do to this day.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I used to crawl to school through five hundred yards of crap smelling foulness you can't even imagine, or maybe you just don't want to. Five hundred yards. That's the length of five football fields. Just shy of half a mile.
IamtheWaris
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by IamtheWaris »

Idoit40fans wrote:I used to crawl to school through five hundred yards of crap smelling foulness you can't even imagine, or maybe you just don't want to. Five hundred yards. That's the length of five football fields. Just shy of half a mile.
Pet Peeve: A football field is 120 yards, in America at least.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Another pet peeve, Idoit40fans is not Andy Dufresene
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:do kids even walk to school anymore?
In my area, yes for elementary school (except special needs) and no for middle and high school.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:Another pet peeve, Idoit40fans is not Andy Dufresene
So hes not fixing a boat somewhere in Mexico?
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Why doesn't anyone make decaf coffee ice cream?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Shyster wrote:Why doesn't anyone make decaf coffee ice cream?
There's definitely a market.
I can't tolerate caffeine and I want to jump out of my skin, if I eat coffee ice cream.....which happens to be my favorite. :(
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I saw this a bunch during the Olympics, but it drove me nuts when people would refer to them as "gold metals". Thank god I don't have to be annoyed by that for another 2.5 years.