Simpson Warz Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Simpson Warz Game Thread

Post by Willie Kool »

CBear3 wrote:Speaking of WK, to summarize, I'm a target for knowing how many roles of each we had but for having no clue who had which role.
No, you are suspect because your assumption that the game started with 2 reds went counter to what (at the least) MWB, obhave and I were thinking. Your avoidance of the redwill vote, and maybe shaf trying to give you a little cover add to the suspicion.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

ulf wrote:
Rylan wrote:Well NAN, I feel fairly comfortable with my pick for ulf. I am rather sure he is red because he was able to fly under the radar until now. He has just shown up and posted votes on occasion. He tries to then make you look bad for killing obhave, which if you were the recruit would be rather silly because you were "supposedly" cleared by her. That coupled with my gut feeling on him is why I am comfortable with my vote.
Sure you are, nan is deciding between us two :lol:
:lol: This is why I was keeping my opinion to myself.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

I'm going to go all split quote tifosi on you :)...
Willie Kool wrote: No, you are suspect because your assumption that the game started with 2 reds went counter to what (at the least) MWB, obhave and I were thinking.
Right, shame on me for getting that part right, just because you guys didn't :roll:
Willie Kool wrote:Your avoidance of the redwill vote,
Totally shanked that one. Coming from a long line of sarcastic ******* I really liked his reaction to shaf coming out and that blinded me.
Willie Kool wrote:and maybe shaf trying to give you a little cover add to the suspicion.
I didn't know what the heck shaf was thinking, that one bewildered me. Happened right before the recruit, assuming it was night 3, so maybe they were going to recruit me but they didn't.

If I were them, I would have split strategies. You'd have recruited somebody who didn't go after shaf hard at the beginning (unlike redwill), that way you've got your bases covered.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

And of course all that still doesn't cover obhave apparently clearing me on night 3.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

OK - After how wrong I was with MWB, I'm going to trust you CBear (after all I did save you last night thinking you were the vig :face: )

Lynch Rylan
Rylan wrote:TL giving hints as to his identity...
Rylan has done this before as a red. Why bring this up if you are blue?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

To make sure the village is on the same page as I was reading the situation.

Oh well, if I get offed I hope you pick the correct person in the next day phase WK.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Day 5 Vote

2 – Rylan (nan, WK)
1 – Ulf (rylan)
1 – Cbear (ulf)

Limit is 3. Deadline is 4PM.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Save cbear

yellow rylan.

Color plz
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

ulf wrote:Save cbear

yellow rylan.

Color plz
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Limit reached.

3 – Rylan (nan, wk, ulf)
1 – Ulf (rylan)

Write up coming.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

If it wasn't Rylan, and if for some reason it's CBear, I'm going to crap my pants.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

The village of Springfield's population was getting increasingly frustrated with the Duff Brewery still closed. Everyone had short tempers and fights were breaking out with every accussation to the last remaining person responsible for the brewery still being closed.

Seymour Skinner, principal of the town's lone elementary school, was never a fan of alcohol. It's use reminded him of his time in Vietnam and it brought back all of those painful memories. Alcohol also had seemed to play a big factor in the conception in the most troublesome members of his school. So when Mr. Smithers asked to keep Mr. Burn's wishes of keeping the brewery closed, Skinner had no problem keeping that request and stopping anyone who tried to break that promise.

Skinner never was the brightest person though, and when he was seen leaving the nuclear power plant one day, the village knew who their man was.
Spoiler:
They surrounded him and beat him to death with yardsticks.
Seymour Skinner was
Spoiler:
rylan, the red recruit.
Spoiler:
Congrats village! All of the reds are dead and the brewery is once again open!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I'm going to be pretty busy the rest of the day and over the weekend but I'll try to get a post game write up on Monday at the latest.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Boom goes the dynamite.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Thanks for the game!

A couple of comments

1) I'm curious to see how much PMing being allowed helped out the village. Not a fan of the rule at all, but SDD is allowed to run his game any way he wants.

2) We were screwed from the get-go this game. The first night, I try and kill Willie Kool, kill is blocked. The first day, WK posts a random list that naturally has me at the top. That night, I try to recruit Troy Loney, and it failed. Just a very unlucky game.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Nice job guys.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote: 1) I'm curious to see how much PMing being allowed helped out the village. Not a fan of the rule at all, but SDD is allowed to run his game any way he wants.
I still would have thought Rylan, just for the reasons I stated, but that PM obhave sent me did make me feel a lot more comfortable CBear was clear, so it did help a little.

What I do think helped/hurts is when names are given to the characters and they match the role you play. I remember the tru blood game hurt me when this was set up. I was given a name of a character that was obviously bad, but I couldn't lie and give out a good name because I didn't know who else had it, and if you use a totally obscure name, people eventually figure out you are lying.

Now, with so few people playing, and the Simpsons universe so big, I don't think it mattered much this game.

But back to the PMing. I think in a larger game, it might have hurt that bad, because a lot of things could happen and say obhave told me all her secrets adn then I was recruited, then it hurts them.

But in a small game, when not much coudl change overall, I think it did hurt the reds to some extent, but not to the extent it changed the game totally.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

BTW, nice job SDD.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Yeah, I knew for a fact obhave was sending out those PMs to people, because the tide turned against redwill so quickly. There's no question the PMs give the good guys the advantage.

1) If the reds don't try and manipulate the village via PM (essentially role claiming via PM), they let the good players dictate that facet of the game.

2) The problem is, as soon as they start to try and manipulate, they put a spotlight on themselves.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

One other thing about he PMing. IF it was a bigger game and things played out a certain way, and say the seer trusted me because they cleared me, they could just give me the reds they found if it was one or two, and I could come out as the seer, reveal them, and the seer could remain hidden. So I think that would be a huge disadvantage to the reds in a bigger game.

I volunteered to out redwill after obhave found him to get him killed and sacrifice myself, but the train was already rolling on him so there was no need.

But in another game, it could have given them a HUGE disadvantage.

The point of the game is the minority who knows everyone can communicate while the blind majority who has the advantage in sheer numbers and a few powers tries to find them. When that blindess goes away, that is a huge help for them.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

shafnutz05 wrote:Thanks for the game!

A couple of comments

1) I'm curious to see how much PMing being allowed helped out the village. Not a fan of the rule at all, but SDD is allowed to run his game any way he wants.

2) We were screwed from the get-go this game. The first night, I try and kill Willie Kool, kill is blocked. The first day, WK posts a random list that naturally has me at the top. That night, I try to recruit Troy Loney, and it failed. Just a very unlucky game.
Shaf - I figured it was you coming after me (revenge for my night 1 kill in WWXXII), and actually did adjust the random.org by swapping your name and nan's. Can't believe that list ended up having all 5 original roleplayers at the top. :shock: :lol:

The only player pm's I was a part of were a back and forth with redwill, where I told him I was Ned and asked him if he already knew, and I pm'd obhave just before the night she died and asked her if she was the seer - she didn't respond.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Thanks SDD - and good game village!
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

:thumb: to CBear and nan for talking me down. Nan that was a great call on Rylan, I don't think I would have gotten there without you going into such detail today.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Limit reached.

3 – Rylan (nan, wk, ulf)
1 – Ulf (rylan)

Write up coming.
Dang central time, you guys already vote by the time I get back from lunch. :fist:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Instead of a post game thread I'm just going to summarize things here:

Roles and powers:
Spoiler:
1. CBear3 – Chief Wiggum – regular villager
2. MWB – Moe – regular villager
3. Ulf – Krusty the Clown – regular villager
4. obhave – Professor Jonathan Frink – seerer – make a see each night
5. NAN – Kent Brockman – regular villager
6. Pavel Bure – Groundskeeper Willie – regular villager
7. Rylan – Principal Seymour Skinner – regular villager
8. Redwill – Mr. Smithers – red assistant – can communicate with red alpha and takes over his powers if he is killed.
9. Troy Loney – Homer Simpson – vig – kill every even night, can save 2 bullets if decide not to make a kill, but can only use one bullet a night.
10. canaan – Hans Moleman – regular villager
11. Willie Kool – Ned Flanders – angel – make a save each night, but can’t save same person 2 nights in a row.
12. Shafnutz – Mr. Burns – Red alpha – kill each night. can recruit, see, or protect once each instead of kill
Night 1 Actions
Spoiler:
Obhave - see NAN
Troy Loney – n/a
Willie Kool – protect himself

Shafnutz / redwill – kill WK - failed due to self protect by WK
Night 2 Actions
Spoiler:
Obhave - see redwill
Troy Loney – no kill (1 bullet saved)
Willie Kool – save ulf

Shafnutz / redwill – recruit TL - failed because TL was green vig
Night 3 Actions
Spoiler:
Obhave - see Cbear
Troy Loney – n/a (1 bullet saved)
Willie Kool – self protect

redwill – recruit rylan
Night 4 Actions
Spoiler:
Obhave – see TL
Troy Loney – kill canaan (1 bullet saved)
Willie Kool – save Cbear

Rylan – kill obhave
Night 5 Actions
Spoiler:
Troy Loney – n/a (1 bullet saved)
Willie Kool – save himself

Rylan – kill TL