Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Post by MRandall25 »

thehockeyguru wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Don't they have some crazy Penn State freshman brainwash class? Someone said something about it and I thought they were joking, but at the same time it seems entirely plausible to me.
Its obvious to me that those who think Penn State grads are "brain washed" have never been around Ohio State fans/grads.
Uh, the only thing they really do is the whole O-H thing during orientation. Nobody does it after that unless you're a freshman or drunk and don't know any better.
Are we talking about chants or their overall passion for their football team and school?
I don't really think that's "brainwashing", but whatever.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

count2infinity wrote:how did I know this would end up a Pitt vs. PSU thread eventually? :lol:
All you need is to have some success and fans get excited. Its not surprising that the passion has grown at WVU with the emergence of their football program.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

So watching coverage of the trial today, the defense brought in other PSU people who are testifying that old creepy guys showering with young children was the norm at PSU, and the one guy said he wouldn't have thought twice about showering with children himself as he feels there is nothing abnormal about it.

Just wow. Can't believe that this is what the defense is trying to bring as its actual defense. Trying to convince the jury that grown adults showering with young children is normal.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

skullman80 wrote:So watching coverage of the trial today, the defense brought in other PSU people who are testifying that old creepy guys showering with young children was the norm at PSU, and the one guy said he wouldn't have thought twice about showering with children himself as he feels there is nothing abnormal about it.

Just wow. Can't believe that this is what the defense is trying to bring as its actual defense. Trying to convince the jury that grown adults showering with young children is normal.
Yea, that's a killer defense for sure.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Malkamaniac wrote:
skullman80 wrote:So watching coverage of the trial today, the defense brought in other PSU people who are testifying that old creepy guys showering with young children was the norm at PSU, and the one guy said he wouldn't have thought twice about showering with children himself as he feels there is nothing abnormal about it.

I figured best defense would be bringing in tons of Second Mile children who he traveled with etc/ who would state hes liek a father figure and couldnt ever imagine him doing this / saying they believe its all a lie (Someone itt even posted that they knew someone who was one of those children). I figured that would be a better shot then "SHOWERING WITH BOYS IS FINE!!"
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

IanMoran wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

I figured best defense would be bringing in tons of Second Mile children who he traveled with etc/ who would state hes liek a father figure and couldnt ever imagine him doing this / saying they believe its all a lie (Someone itt even posted that they knew someone who was one of those children). I figured that would be a better shot then "SHOWERING WITH BOYS IS FINE!!"
I think the thing that's the most damaging to the whole, is that the entire regime(yes JoePa as well) that harbored Sandusky thought it was ok. That's pretty telling.

For them to use this as their logical defense is pretty astounding.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by thepittman »

People across the age range shower in public showers all the time. It is normal. The raping part isn't
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

thepittman wrote:People across the age range shower in public showers all the time. It is normal. The raping part isn't
Bringing pre teen boys into the men's lockeroom to shower isn't really normal.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Sandusky's defense team is really incompetent.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

thepittman wrote:People across the age range shower in public showers all the time. It is normal. The raping part isn't
lol.. maybe in general, but not for me.

I hit the public showers at the y with my swimming trunks on to just wash off some of the chlorine a week ago. Next thing I know 7 little naked boys come running in. I flew out of the shower in 0.00001 seconds lol
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I'm surprised that Tom Bradley and other than McQuery no one else from the football staff or team hasn't been called to the stand by either the prosecution or the defense to testify. Bradley is especially puzzling considering that one of the victims said that Bradley saw him and Sandusky showering together at one point.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Yea I don't think I've ever felt that showers and little kids is ok. Especially if you want to "horse around" in the shower.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by thepittman »

IanMoran wrote:

I hit the public showers at the y with my swimming trunks on to just wash off some of the chlorine a week ago. Next thing I know 7 little naked boys come running in. I flew out of the shower in 0.00001 seconds lol
Worried you would be aroused eh?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

thepittman wrote:
IanMoran wrote:

:?:
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

I was talking to a co worker about the Sandusky trial. He coaches little league, and they have access to locker rooms/showers.

He said the coaching staff stays outside of the locker room/showers while the kids are in there. When the last kid comes out, then the coaches go in and shower. He said adults and children are never in the shower at the same time.

He read Sandusky's defense and was effectively creeped out by it.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Was I just dreaming, or did the defense seriously ask the judge to drop all charges?

Was it a "We brought our defense, can you drop them?" or a straight up "We want you to drop these charges"?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I think it's pretty standard for a defense to ask that charge be dropped by saying the state hasn't made their case.

(I'm clearly not a lawyer)
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

MRandall25 wrote:Was I just dreaming, or did the defense seriously ask the judge to drop all charges?

Was it a "We brought our defense, can you drop them?" or a straight up "We want you to drop these charges"?
Judge dropped 1 indecent exposure charge, let the other 51 charges stand.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

what channel is this on?
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

It's on Tru TV. They run "in session from 9-3 everyday which covers trials. PA doesn't allow cameras in the courtroom but they have people there who are inside the courtroom that report throughout the day.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by thepittman »

columbia wrote:
thepittman wrote:
IanMoran wrote:

:?:
Only in america are people weirded out by nudity.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Prosecution trying to get unaired parts of the Costas/Sandusky interview entered as evidence.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... rview?lite
And I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped. There are many that I didn't have -- I hardly had any contact with who I have helped in many, many ways.
He basically says he had sex with some of these kids. :shock:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

llipgh2 wrote:Prosecution trying to get unaired parts of the Costas/Sandusky interview entered as evidence.

And I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped. There are many that I didn't have -- I hardly had any contact with who I have helped in many, many ways.
That is incredible
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

llipgh2 wrote:Prosecution trying to get unaired parts of the Costas/Sandusky interview entered as evidence.

That is incredible
SirMario66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SirMario66 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:

That is incredible
We have to be missing something here. Nobody can be this stupid