Re: ***BEER WARS GAME THREAD***

Post by pittsports87 »

ulf wrote:
MWB wrote:
mac5155 wrote:ID LIKE TO......

I'd like to say something.

Hello.
How about that ride in? I guess that’s why they call it Sin City. HAHA

You guys may not know this, but I consider myself…a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolf pack. But when my sister brought IrishEyes home, I knew she was one of my own. And my wolf pack, it grew by one. So were two…so there was two of us in the pack. I…I was alone first in the pack, and then IrishEyes joined in later.

And 5 years ago, when IrishEyes introduced me to you guys. I thought…wait a second, could it be. And now I know for sure, I just added a thousand more guys to my wolf pack. All of us wolves running around LetsGoPens together, in Las Vegas looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, we make a toast! To IrishEyes!
Just got caught up on everything. What did I miss with this post thought.nseems strange, but no one seemed to comment.
lol i quit reading halfway through, i just thought it was the zach galifinakis quote from the hangover, didn't realize he included IE in it.
LOL, so did I.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I'm on the fence about Troy after all the back and forth the last day phase. A lot of his points make sense, but he was pretty defensive pretty early. However, the more pressed, the more someone will seem defensive. With Gaucho getting a lot of heat and debate, he was likely right when he said that the baddies were quiet in the debate knowing that it would just help them.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

slappybrown wrote:The lesson here, Gaucho, is never mess with Slappy in a Warz game.
Hey, we're both dead.

At least I was dismissed with a Shane McGowan pic. I think.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Well, I was wrong about Gaucho and so am going along with his (athletic?) supporter, columbia.

intoxicate DocEmrick
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Ok, so bhaw got killed. In the last day phase, very early on, bhaw cast a lone vote for Kraftster, one that he never wavered from. I know I am making some assertions, but Kraftster seemed to be very accepting....almost too accepting that ps87 was green (I was accepting too, just looking at the situation). bhaw got killed, and he was the only one to vote for Kraft .
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:I'm on the fence about Troy after all the back and forth the last day phase. A lot of his points make sense, but he was pretty defensive pretty early. However, the more pressed, the more someone will seem defensive. With Gaucho getting a lot of heat and debate, he was likely right when he said that the baddies were quiet in the debate knowing that it would just help them.
I'm still all for Troy. He got defensive w/o even really being pressed. There were no votes for him, and people were just throwing out names.

But I think after last vote, we can maybe piece something together instead of going off a hunch for right now. I'm going to go back and read through. I want to see what people said after columbia posted his post.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

shafnutz05 wrote:Ok, so bhaw got killed. In the last day phase, very early on, bhaw cast a lone vote for Kraftster, one that he never wavered from. I know I am making some assertions, but Kraftster seemed to be very accepting....almost too accepting that ps87 was green (I was accepting too, just looking at the situation). bhaw got killed, and he was the only one to vote for Kraft .
bhaw voted for ps87 as well. We know he was blue and wouldn't have known who was bad.... not sure how much info we can get from that. Gonna go back and look at kraftster's posts.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

redwill wrote:Well, I was wrong about Gaucho and so am going along with his (athletic?) supporter, columbia.

intoxicate DocEmrick
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter? :lol:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

redwill wrote:Well, I was wrong about Gaucho and so am going along with his (athletic?) supporter, columbia.

intoxicate DocEmrick
He has been pretty quiet. Unusually quiet for him.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:I'm on the fence about Troy after all the back and forth the last day phase. A lot of his points make sense, but he was pretty defensive pretty early. However, the more pressed, the more someone will seem defensive. With Gaucho getting a lot of heat and debate, he was likely right when he said that the baddies were quiet in the debate knowing that it would just help them.
My intention was to respond to the points that you and kraftster made and to say that it was very suspicious to me that ps87 would make a post saying that he was deciding between me and gaucho...which i convenient as we were the only two people being mentioned at that point in the day phase....just seemed like a tell to me and that he would be considering any one mentioned not named ps87.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Yeah, I need time to read through the last vote
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote:Ok, so bhaw got killed. In the last day phase, very early on, bhaw cast a lone vote for Kraftster, one that he never wavered from. I know I am making some assertions, but Kraftster seemed to be very accepting....almost too accepting that ps87 was green (I was accepting too, just looking at the situation). bhaw got killed, and he was the only one to vote for Kraft .
I think you, Kraftster, and Malks stood out after the columbia vote. So you three smell to me, but I'm going back to read through and see if anything sticks out.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I will say, after the vote shifted to PS87, Troy virtually disappeared off the radar, aside from one post about 20 minutes ago that didn't have anything of substance.

Maybe after he realized he was off the hook, he laid low to try and sink back into the masses?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Kraftster has been very agreeable and just going with the flow.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

why would mac come out with that speech and show he was green? I realize he probably just has the powers of a blue, but no need to give the baddies targets, right?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:I will say, after the vote shifted to PS87, Troy virtually disappeared off the radar, aside from one post about 20 minutes ago that didn't have anything of substance.

Maybe after he realized he was off the hook, he laid low to try and sink back into the masses?

nan is trolling me this game. i'm trying give him less material....hopefully he starts accusing someone else and then pronounce suspicion at the person for being "defensive"
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

ulf wrote:why would mac come out with that speech and show he was green? I realize he probably just has the powers of a blue, but no need to give the baddies targets, right?
What, I can't make a toast to a fallen drinking buddy!? She would have done the same for me..
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

mac5155 wrote:
ulf wrote:why would mac come out with that speech and show he was green? I realize he probably just has the powers of a blue, but no need to give the baddies targets, right?
What, I can't make a toast to a fallen drinking buddy!? She would have done the same for me..
This isn't the entertainment thread, so we only would have expected that from shad.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MWB wrote:Kraftster has been very agreeable and just going with the flow.
Yeah, and this has stood out to me. Plus, hasn't he been playing for quite some time now? I thought he tried to claim to be "new" or something earlier.

I dunno. Just the fact bhaw was the only one who suspected Kraft, it makes bhaw's death that much better. It kills the only link to someone that suspected you. Obviously it's risky, but perhaps not as risky as letting that person live and continue to go after you.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

columbia wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
This isn't the entertainment thread, so we only would have expected that from shad.
It was the rules 8-)
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I did change my mind a few times that last round. Gaucho I truly believed after I tried to think back to when I was in my first couple games I got overly defensive as a blue, then I was the Chosen One in Star Wars (lol effin slappy claimed to be me in that game and got me killed only to show that I was who he claimed to be - classic) and I know I changed dramatically, I just felt like Gaucho screamed blue after I remembered back to my early days.

I believed ps87 quickly once he clarified as did most, his post made sense to me and no one has stepped up to make us think otherwise. He wasn't targeted last night which is interesting.

I think its interesting that the reds have targeted someone that could be linked to one person (bhaw only one to vote for me) on back to back nights. I guess there could be a vig kill in there, but I'm not a good vote.

columbia's attempted preemptive blue claim really strikes me as odd. Shaf stood out to me for some reason, I am going back through to see if I can remember what it was.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I will say, after the vote shifted to PS87, Troy virtually disappeared off the radar, aside from one post about 20 minutes ago that didn't have anything of substance.

nan is trolling me this game. i'm trying give him less material....hopefully he starts accusing someone else and then pronounce suspicion at the person for being "defensive"
:D You're off the hook right now.

I want to look into Kraftster, Shad and Malks. They are tops of my list right now.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Malk is playing?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

mac5155 wrote:Malk is playing?
Yeah, Malk is playing. A little under the radar at the moment, which is not common
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I was with and for Troy all the way up until last round. His defensive attitude is what sold me, but then I switched to Gaucho. Outside of that, I was suspicious of PS87 at the end, but he threw down an actual role, and right now, I have no reason to believe him.