What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Post by meecrofilm »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:The State Farm "like a good neighbor" commercials are hit and miss some are really funny (African-American couple is hilarious) and others (the one featuring Gary Cole) are awful.
I think they're all awful except for the hottub one.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

The "cars.com" commercial or whatever it is needs to end, now. "Sheila looks good.. topless" HAHAHAHAAHHHHAAA OH DOES SHE RLY HAHAHAHAHAHA GAS GUZZLER HAAAAh.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

miller lite commericials might be the worst, but that mcdonals one with the kid talking about dunkier nuggets is gaining ground
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Oh yeah, I mute that one too. "the ding to the dong." Ugh, shut up hipster ovechkin.

Also that mcdonalds football commercial with the couple and the girl who's like "this guy says sundays are just for watching football what do you think?" And the guy thinks that if he answers wrong he'll be kicked out of the house (the house! If you live together in a house your relationship should be stronger than disagreeing on the watchability of football). But no, he can't stand up for one thing and takes the easy way out. Clearly she has his **** in a pouch in her purse.

And clearly I overthought that commercial but I don't care :P
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

Agreed on many of these.
The Miller Lite commercials where guys are mean to other guys because they're not manly is stupid.
The Miller Lite commercials where insanely hot chicks are mean to guys are also stupid.

I can't tell if McDonald's or Apple commercials bother me more. I hate the McD's commercial where two idiots are drinking some overpriced latte or something and they do this hand jive coffee toss thing and take a drink at the end and look at each other, totally oblivious of the fact that the entire restaurant wishes that carrying concealed tanks was still legal so they could murder these two nit wits who looked like they just walked out of an Apple store. That's pretty unlikely, though, because if they just walked out of an Apple store the first place they would've gone would've been a coffee house and not McD's.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

meecrofilm wrote:Oh yeah, I mute that one too. "the ding to the dong." Ugh, shut up hipster ovechkin.

Also that mcdonalds football commercial with the couple and the girl who's like "this guy says sundays are just for watching football what do you think?" And the guy thinks that if he answers wrong he'll be kicked out of the house (the house! If you live together in a house your relationship should be stronger than disagreeing on the watchability of football). But no, he can't stand up for one thing and takes the easy way out. Clearly she has his **** in a pouch in her purse.

forgot about that one, it got my angry just reading about you talking about the commercial.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

meecrofilm wrote:Oh yeah, I mute that one too. "the ding to the dong." Ugh, shut up hipster ovechkin.

I love Ovie's Mr. Big commercials

[youtube][/youtube]
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

Just thought of one last night while watching the Pens game. There's an awful Toyota commercial featuring the Clarks. Both car commercials and the Clarks are bad enough on their own. Put them together and you wow, what a train wreck.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by RxBandit66 »

yubb wrote:Just thought of one last night while watching the Pens game. There's an awful Toyota commercial featuring the Clarks. Both car commercials and the Clarks are bad enough on their own. Put them together and you wow, what a train wreck.
Between that, the Isley's chipped ham, and the old lady on the scooter, I want to rip my hair out during intermissions.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

The lady in the coffeehouse spinning with the tray of coffee while on the phone. How bout hanging up and serving that line of customers that is practically to the door?

Thanks vonage
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

jprolley wrote:colonial penn alex trebek ads
[youtube][/youtube]
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Redheads are bold, blah blah if there weren't gingers the world wouldn't have... and Wendy's blah blah bigger burgers.
Listen society for whatever reason doesn't like gingers so much that they are no longer taking donations at test tube baby plants from them.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

RxBandit66 wrote:
yubb wrote:Just thought of one last night while watching the Pens game. There's an awful Toyota commercial featuring the Clarks. Both car commercials and the Clarks are bad enough on their own. Put them together and you wow, what a train wreck.
Between that, the Isley's chipped ham, and the old lady on the scooter, I want to rip my hair out during intermissions.
Oh man, forgot about that (somehow) I mute that awful Clarks commercial every time.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

A new challenger has emerged.

"I married a Fourteeeen Year-Old!!"

Guess what pedolady I don't care about you or your weird 'marraige'
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

that chilli's ribs one where the pretty girl has the deep voice of a man
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

LeopardLetang wrote:that chilli's ribs one where the pretty girl has the deep voice of a man
YES. That commercial is horrifying.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

[youtube][/youtube]

I WANT TO FIGHT YOU
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Just saw the 1800 tequila commercial where the guy complains like a miserable old man about "fruity drinks" and "poser tequila".

I'm not a tequila snob, and I'm sure there is much better stuff out there that makes Patron look like bottom shelf swill, but if I'm going for a shot of tequila, 1800 is quite far down the list.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Well, I've only just seen it for the first time but, I sit down at my table to eat with the Versus game on. The very second I take my first bite, a commercial for Medical Direct Club (whatever that is) comes on and starts talking about disposable urinary catheters. Continues to talk about how people should not use OTHER PEOPLES urinary tract catheters, then goes on to say the word "Catheter" and "urinary tract" no less than 10 more times.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

The Walmart Layaway commercials are pretty bad. I saw the one 3 times last night and I'm already sick of it.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

If I have to hear/see that absolutely stupid Nissan Versa commercial (could be this year's hipster commercial special, much like Pomplamoose was last year) I am going to flip out. Naturally, they select the already-irritating Foster the People as the soundtrack for it.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by roland »

Can't wait for the weekend to be over:

[youtube][/youtube]
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

That Target commercial with that annoying chick that convulses.... I want to punch her in the face.

The Kohl's commercial is right up there too.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

During Penguins games, that in-game beer ad (forget the brand) with the loudly poured beer drives me nuts. I hate that sound for some reason.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

roland wrote:Can't wait for the weekend to be over:

[youtube][/youtube]
LOL I was coming in this thread to post this.