TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Froggy »

HIMYM.
Spoiler:
didn't Veronica say something when she came back about how robin was the reason Ted was still single, and that it was sick that they were all friends still? Something like that? The Ted VoiceOver said something like "she was right, and I just didn't know it yet". So that kind of implies that robin is either out of their group or a relationship changes. You kind of know that since ted's kids (assuming they ARE ted's kids) know "Aunt Robin" that she didn't disappear from ted's life. So that leaves their relationship changing somehow. Don't know what that means.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Froggy wrote:HIMYM.
Spoiler:
didn't Veronica say something when she came back about how robin was the reason Ted was still single, and that it was sick that they were all friends still? Something like that? The Ted VoiceOver said something like "she was right, and I just didn't know it yet". So that kind of implies that robin is either out of their group or a relationship changes. You kind of know that since ted's kids (assuming they ARE ted's kids) know "Aunt Robin" that she didn't disappear from ted's life. So that leaves their relationship changing somehow. Don't know what that means.
Spoiler:
Yes. That is something the producer mentioned in the article.

Something else he pointed out is Ted & Robin broke up in Season 2, and when they did, they talked about where they wanted to be in 5 years and thos plans would pull them in different directions. That was 5 years ago, and they are still pretty much where they were. Said this relationship, if they do form one again will revist that as well.

The show has it's ups and downs IMO. It hasn't been as good as it was 2 or 3 years ago. But IMO, they do a great job of throwing something out a few episodes, or a few years ago, and then when you almost forget about it, or do forget about it, it brings it back together later.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

HIMYM
Spoiler:
I can't remember the name but we did learn the name of Ted's wife at some point. It's not Robin. She also lost the yellow umbrella, again not Robin.
Aslo...

http://blog.timesunion.com/television/h ... aled/1533/
Spoiler:
“Ted goes out for a crazy St. Patrick’s Day with Barney, and discovers how much he’s changed. After Ted has what he considers the most legendary night, Marshall replays the messages Ted left on his voice mail when his cell phone accidentally pocket dialed, and after hearing snippets over the course of the night Ted ultimately realizes he was acting like a jerk and he doesn’t want to be that guy. Also, Marshall, Lily and Robin spend the night in Marshall and Lily’s new apartment, only to make their own shocking discovery that the apartment is crooked.”

Okay, so it was the St. Patrick’s Day/Crooked apartment episode. In the scene I’m referring to, Ted and Barney are in a crowded bar and at 13:47 (yes, I’ve done my research) Ted bumps into an attractive woman.

Ted: “Oh, I’m sorry.”
Woman: “That’s okay.”

They smile at each other and then Ted moves on to talk to Barney.

The moment had no influence at all on that episode’s story, but at the end of the show Ted narrates: “I found out years later that your mom was at that party.” Hmmm…
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Let us also not forget that:
Spoiler:
Ted's wife was in the class he accidentally taught in on his first day
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

HIMYM:
Spoiler:
Good call PFIDC. I forgot about the yellow umbrella. Again, and I don't know why I would consider Ted and Robin together long term after I clearly said it a few posts back, but wasn't it also mentioned Ted's wife was at Barney's wedding?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

HIMYM, from the comments of PFiDC's link:
Spoiler:
15.I don’t think it can be robin because she was not at the party. She was at lily and marshall’s tilted house during the whole night. I wish it were her too though
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Spoiler:
Robin (I would much rather the spelling have been Robyn) will be with Barney.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

PensFanInDC wrote:Let us also not forget that:
Spoiler:
Ha, these discussions full of spoiler tags are fun and what makes it truly a great show...even if it did fall off for a bit or isnt as funny as it once was.
Spoiler:
Judging from the article NAN posted...if this truly is going to do something to impact the group and they hope viewers stay tuned in...my guess is we may see a departure (at least for a little bit). Ted and Robin realize they will never move on as long as they are friends or something and maybe Robin takes a job as a journalist elsewhere and travels the world (as is so often mentioned...especially in the episode where she realized she cannot have kids).

If they are worried about viewers sticking with the show, maybe it means we will not be seeing Robin a lot in future episodes...or at least in ways where she is not an essential part of the group anymore (Check in with her adventures now and then instead of her completely leaving). Something negative has to happen because, as others have said...I dont think Robin and Ted are married
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Rylan wrote:
Spoiler:
I am thinking way too much about a sitcom...
Spoiler:
At Barney's wedding Lilly comes out to tell Ted that the groom needs him. I would assume that Lilly would be the maid of honor at Robin's wedding. Why would the maid of honor come out to tell Ted that? She would be with Robin all the time doing maid of honor stuff.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

This is some very good discussion over a sitcom.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
their mother was in class. his wife wasn't. just sayin'
relantel wrote:HIMYM, from the comments of PFiDC's link:
Spoiler:
15.I don’t think it can be robin because she was not at the party. She was at lily and marshall’s tilted house during the whole night. I wish it were her too though
Spoiler:
their mother was at the party. his wife wasn't. just sayin'
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Rylan wrote:
Spoiler:
I am thinking way too much about a sitcom...
Spoiler:
At Barney's wedding Lilly comes out to tell Ted that the groom needs him. I would assume that Lilly would be the maid of honor at Robin's wedding. Why would the maid of honor come out to tell Ted that? She would be with Robin all the time doing maid of honor stuff.
That is thinking waaay to far into it. haha
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shmenguin wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
their mother was in class. his wife wasn't. just sayin'
relantel wrote:HIMYM, from the comments of PFiDC's link:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
their mother was at the party. his wife wasn't. just sayin'
Spoiler:
I really doubt that Ted gets a divorce. It's not Ted's style. I also don't think he is widowed either.

Also, we met their mother when he dated that chick from his school. We saw her ankle and her bus model.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

oh and...

spoiler
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Spoiler:
I really doubt that Ted gets a divorce. It's not Ted's style. I also don't think he is widowed either.

Also, we met their mother when he dated that chick from his school. We saw her ankle and her bus model.
there's no divorce. they just aren't his kids.

i think they've been really careful about not identifying them as "his".
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

shmenguin wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Spoiler:

there's no divorce. they just aren't his kids.

i think they've been really careful about not identifying them as "his".
Spoiler:
Saw someone else mention this but...in the episode where he buys his dilapidated house...as he is talking about how he fixed it up and became his home...the focus stays on the kids on the couch as the house changes around them into his home. Sure, maybe the just visit a lot, though...you never know...someone else said they called him dad, but I don't remember that. I vaguely recall in earlier seasons him going off on a tangent and the kids interrupting a couple times...dont recall what they said.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I think it would be funny if the mother was DJ from Full House.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

SPOILERS DUDE!!!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:SPOILERS DUDE!!!
I don't think that was spoiler worthy.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

HIMYM...

check IMDB FAQ

It may burst some people's bubbles with the answers there so if you want to think about all the different scenarios, don't go...but there is proof to some of our questions. It answers for sure some things by reminding of episodes past...so it isnt really a spoiler from that sense but...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460649/faq#.2.1.1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spoiler:
Mentions the producers intended it to go 8 seasons and it has been renewed for 8 but no official word on if it will end there.

Robin is not the mother...episode proof provided

The kids are Teds...episode proof provided (they do call him dad)

Talks about "bump girl" (theory on if that is the mother)...

some other theories are presented
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

newarenanow wrote:I think it would be funny if the mother was DJ from Full House.
EWWWWW. INCEST!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

HIMYM:
Spoiler:
I think the end game of Ted and Robin is that Robin stops hanging out with Ted as often as she does. She will move out of the apartment for good. With Marshall and Lily living outside the city now, you won't see them with Ted as often either, even less so when their kid is born. Barney is going to fall for someone and settle down. I'm not sure if it will be Robin, but that is a good possibility. I think the story will progress to the point where Ted feels so alone and is about to give up, but then he meets his wife at Barney's wedding.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

JeffDFD wrote:HIMYM...

check IMDB FAQ

It may burst some people's bubbles with the answers there so if you want to think about all the different scenarios, don't go...but there is proof to some of our questions. It answers for sure some things by reminding of episodes past...so it isnt really a spoiler from that sense but...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460649/faq#.2.1.1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spoiler:
Mentions the producers intended it to go 8 seasons and it has been renewed for 8 but no official word on if it will end there.

Robin is not the mother...episode proof provided

The kids are Teds...episode proof provided (they do call him dad)

Talks about "bump girl" (theory on if that is the mother)...

some other theories are presented

welp...they call him "dad" in one episode. i'll shut up now :lol:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I just have to say, this whole HIMYM discussion has been mind-blowingly deep... Almost too deep for a TV show ;)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

JeffDFD wrote:HIMYM...

Wow, that is a great link.
Spoiler:
One thing I never thought of are the kids are around in 2030, so if the show is real time, which it is, they need to be born in the next year or two.

Good stuff.