TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by meecrofilm »

canaan wrote:I watched Angry Boys on HBO this week...not sure what the heck i watched, but i laughed a couple of times.
That's from the same guy that did Summer Heights High, right? Cause that show was awesome. Might have to check this one out sometime.

Also, Portlandia and Todd Margeret start up again tomorrow :thumb:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

meecrofilm wrote:
canaan wrote:I watched Angry Boys on HBO this week...not sure what the heck i watched, but i laughed a couple of times.
That's from the same guy that did Summer Heights High, right? Cause that show was awesome. Might have to check this one out sometime.

Also, Portlandia and Todd Margeret start up again tomorrow :thumb:
yeah, same guy. i watched todd margaret on netflix and laughed--the wife thought it was abysmal. Wil Arnett needs to be on the show more.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

I only caught the first 6 episodes or so on demand recently, but definitely enjoyed it. I thought Will Arnett was on it a decent amount for being an auxiliary character, though I guess he was featured less in the latter episodes? He was great though. And yeah, I can see the ladyfolk not liking it.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

meecrofilm wrote:I only caught the firs 6 episodes or so on demand recently, but definitely enjoyed it. I thought Will Arnett was on it a decent amount for being an auxiliary character, though I guess he was featured less in the latter episodes? He was great though. And yeah, I can see the ladyfolk not liking it.
season 1 was only those episodes. i just wish the show was about his character :lol:
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Ah -- I see, haha.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Just as an FYI Showtime is free this weekend for you folks with Directv.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PensFanInDC wrote:Watched every single episode of Parenthood in 3 weeks. Not sure what I'm going to do now. That show is so good.
I just realized last night that Camille is Holly Gennaro from Die Hard
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

meecrofilm wrote:Also, Portlandia and Todd Margeret start up again tomorrow :thumb:
Just started watching Portlandia. I am dying. I just know so many people at my school that fit the characters they are making fun of in the first episode. Loving this :lol:
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Been watching a lot of Man Woman Wild on discovery. Pretty entertaining, the hot wife from the uk helps a little too.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Been watching a few episodes of "Funny or Die's Billy on the Street" with Bill Eichner. I enjoy it a lot, though I can see why someone else wouldn't.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Dowton Abbey Returns! http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Escape to England & WWI ~ forget penguin woes.

I love watching great acting and not knowing anything about the actors themselves.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I've really been enjoying Hell on Wheels... kinda sad that the finale is next week.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i caught 5 minutes of Angry Boys. i feel pretty ok about never watching it ever again.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

penny lane wrote:Dowton Abbey Returns! http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Escape to England & WWI ~ forget penguin woes.

I love watching great acting and not knowing anything about the actors themselves.
Hah! Yes, very well done.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

the wicked child wrote:I've really been enjoying Hell on Wheels... kinda sad that the finale is next week.
is it a season-finale or series finale? I'm so far behind (that I haven't even finished the pilot)...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

relantel wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I've really been enjoying Hell on Wheels... kinda sad that the finale is next week.
is it a season-finale or series finale? I'm so far behind (that I haven't even finished the pilot)...
Renewed for a second season. HOO RAY!!
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

PensFanInDC wrote:
relantel wrote:
Renewed for a second season. HOO RAY!!
oh good. I'd hate to have to watch it with it already cancelled, though we would have... heck, it took us more than a year to watch the last episodes of Numb3rs. Only to find out that the penulitimate episode was a local pre-emption and had to guess on what happened.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

If I am behind on a show that is going to be cancelled I wont watch anymore.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

penny lane wrote:Dowton Abbey Returns! http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I saw the 1st season (I think?) is streaming on netflix, good show? Don't know too much about it
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:If I am behind on a show that is going to be cancelled I wont watch anymore.
Even if it's been around a while?

I fell behind on Chuck, but spent a few weekends getting caught up. I know it's going away, but I've invested 4 years into.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

newarenanow wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:If I am behind on a show that is going to be cancelled I wont watch anymore.
Even if it's been around a while?

I fell behind on Chuck, but spent a few weekends getting caught up. I know it's going away, but I've invested 4 years into.
Depends on the length & quality of the show. E.g. we still have two episodes of John Adams unwatched almost 4 years later on the one DVR. It's one of the reasons we haven't upgraded our DVRs (that and the DirecTV-TIVO divorce that was recently made up with an HD machine released late in 2011), that we have so much stuff backlogged, and don't have a way to transfer the contents to a new unit.

Numb3rs we had watched from the 2nd or 3rd episode, and I think it ended in season 5. Jericho was super good, but lasted just a season (plus an aborted 2nd season, thanks strike). Dark Blue (TNT) was good but was long cancelled by the time we watched the 2nd season episodes. And I think we are more than a season behind on Boardwalk Empire (18 eps)... One I did give up on was Heroes. I had DVRed the 2nd season but never really got into it and needed the space, so it went deep-six.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Yeah, I think it depends on the length of time I've devoted/the length of the series.

Usually if I've stuck with it for over 2 season, I'll probably follow it through if I find out it's cancelled. However, if it was a show like the Walking Dead or Hell on Wheels where it followed a story, I'd probably follow it through, whereas if it were a sitcom that, although following a story, it was losely based, I'd probably give up on it.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

eddysnake wrote:
I saw the 1st season (I think?) is streaming on netflix, good show? Don't know too much about it
Witty banter and impeccable manners.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

relantel wrote:
I was into that show when it first came out, and then I just became meh on it.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

columbia wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
Witty banter and impeccable manners.
sold.