Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Troy Loney »

That Midas radio ad, the one about not buying a car that wasn't trusted to Midas.

So the guys says, don't play poker with a guy named "lucky". Ok so the gist is to not do things that should have a bad outcome.

He goes on to say 'don't play rock, paper scissors with Edward Scissorhands". Why wouldn't you play with Scissorhands? I find myself struggling to figure out that question a lot.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Agreed troy. agreed
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

why is troy loney still listening to the fan?
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

This is irrational because I paid nothing for them, but the earbuds that were a free gift last year to the Pens' season-ticket holders provide no visible indication as to which is the left/right side.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

When people leave time remaining on the microwave and just walk away from it. CLEAR THE **@#@$#* TIMER
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

When you post a classified ad and some jagoff sends multiple emails asking questions that are all answered in the item description. Just got done with one of these clowns only to have him tell me he's gonna pass after going back & forth for 2 days. Dude only lives 3.5 hrs away. I might just drive down there & stab him in the neck with a rusty screwdriver.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

canaan wrote:When people leave time remaining on the microwave and just walk away from it. CLEAR THE **@#@$#* TIMER
No thank you.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

2 from today

1) When it's raining too hard for the delayed wiper but not hard enough to warrant the constant wiper

2) When restaurants refill the Heinz ketchup with another brand of "ketchup". WHAT!? YOU THINK I WONT NOTICE!?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

LeopardLetang wrote:
canaan wrote:When people leave time remaining on the microwave and just walk away from it. CLEAR THE **@#@$#* TIMER
No thank you.
you are the worst kind of person :lol:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:why is troy loney still listening to the fan?
shower radio.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Mango Salsa wrote:When you post a classified ad and some jagoff sends multiple emails asking questions that are all answered in the item description. Just got done with one of these clowns only to have him tell me he's gonna pass after going back & forth for 2 days. Dude only lives 3.5 hrs away. I might just drive down there & stab him in the neck with a rusty screwdriver.
My favorites are when you list an item for x and somebody responds with a ridiculously low offer. I sold a jersey on ebay about a month ago for $105 shipped. While listing it, I made a comment about any reasonable offers would be considered. $20 is not a reasonable offer. In fact, it was $100 less than the listing price.

I also had somebody ask me if they could make two payments for $30. First off, you're not close to the listing price. His asking price was half of what I listed. That's not reasonable. Second, this isn't Bank Of America, ****. I'm not taking payments on an eBay item.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Yep I get that too. I listed one of my mountain bikes on craigslist for $800 which was already a good deal for what it was. Some clown wrote to me that he would be at my house tomorrow with $200 cash and wanted to know my address. :roll:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

canaan wrote:
LeopardLetang wrote:
No thank you.
you are the worst kind of person :lol:
I agree with canaan
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

PensFanInDC wrote:2 from today

1) When it's raining too hard for the delayed wiper but not hard enough to warrant the constant wiper

2) When restaurants refill the Heinz ketchup with another brand of "ketchup". WHAT!? YOU THINK I WONT NOTICE!?
Agree with both but I don't think I've ever come across #2.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

When people walk 3 wide at a snail's pace in an area of specific width, aisle, sidewalk etc. RAGE! I don't walk that fast necessarily, but I like to be able to walk around people if necessary.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

BadHands71 wrote:When people walk 3 wide at a snail's pace in an area of specific width, aisle, sidewalk etc. RAGE! I don't walk that fast necessarily, but I like to be able to walk around people if necessary.
This. There's one section of campus I have to walk to get to all of my classes, and the sidewalk on one side is closed for construction. It's bad enough when there's two people walking one way, but when you have a group 2 wide going both ways, it's extremely frustrating.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

BadHands71 wrote:When people walk 3 wide at a snail's pace in an area of specific width, aisle, sidewalk etc. RAGE! I don't walk that fast necessarily, but I like to be able to walk around people if necessary.
People are very guilty of that at the strip. What makes it worse down there is that sidewalk space is at a premium and people have no issue with walking 2-4 wide and backing up foot traffic behind them.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

I hate slow walks in general (slow walk defined as you can go faster, but don't.. I exempt elderly and handicapped). The worst is when I am walking in for the morning and a mid fifties woman exec is walking ahead of me in her heels, and I don't want to do a walk by and chat, but in order to pass her, I'll have to do just that. It's to the point I'd rather walk the long way at my own speed, even if it means she beats me by 10-15 seconds going the shorter way at a slower pace.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

I'm the same way with driving. It could be a ton of traffic, but I'd rather go the long way and keep moving, even if I know it's further and I'll get there later.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

I BEHAVED LIKE A D BAG ON THE <insert rival team's name here> MESSAGE BOARD TILL THEY BANNED ME!!!! I AM NOW POSTING BECAUSE I AM CERTAIN THIS WILL NOW GIVE ME CREDIBILITY HERE!!!!!
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

the B1G ruining the CCHA in college hockey.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

JS© wrote:
People are very guilty of that at the strip. What makes it worse down there is that sidewalk space is at a premium and people have no issue with walking 2-4 wide and backing up foot traffic behind them.
this drives me nuts getting off the Monongahela Incline. People are absolutely oblivious
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Mango Salsa wrote:Yep I get that too. I listed one of my mountain bikes on craigslist for $800 which was already a good deal for what it was. Some clown wrote to me that he would be at my house tomorrow with $200 cash and wanted to know my address. :roll:
saw this on reddit and thought of you

Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

People driving the speed limit in the left lane on the turnpike.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

Jim wrote:People driving the speed limit in the left lane on the turnpike.
FTFY NN2TM