Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by JS© »

eddysnake wrote:
newarenanow wrote:My boss has literally went through 7 pieces of gum in the last 25 minutes. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
bazooka?
[youtube][/youtube]
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I feel like you have to be really thin skinned to block someone on twitter unless that person is spamming you, making threats, or being very vulgur.
Is there a way to hide someones post yet still follow them? I haven't found it. I have a friend, and he's a great guy but he literally started watching hockey, not the Pens, hockey 2 years ago and tweets like crazy during games like he's Pens fan numero uno. I just couldn't take it so stopped following him last years playoffs. He tried to DM me some info on a hockey league this year and called me on not following him lol. I just want to follow him but block his tweets.
I don't think there is a way.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

People that can't just say "Thanks" to a compliment.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Someone I am working with to coordinate travel for about 25 attendees for a major meeting in two weeks just emailed me at 11:55, asking if the list of names she has is correct. In fact, she is missing almost half the names. I emailed her to alert her to this fact at 12:03, and her out of office is up until next Monday.

Um............
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

KDKA just had an interview with someone who just came out with a new book about the Kennedy assassination. I don’t care who killed John F. Kennedy. I don’t care if it was the Russians; I don’t care if it was the Cubans; I don’t care if it was the Mob; I don’t care if it was Lyndon Johnson; I don’t care if it was the vengeful spirit of Marilyn Monroe. I don't care.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

shafnutz05 wrote:Someone I am working with to coordinate travel for about 25 attendees for a major meeting in two weeks just emailed me at 11:55, asking if the list of names she has is correct. In fact, she is missing almost half the names. I emailed her to alert her to this fact at 12:03, and her out of office is up until next Monday.

Um............
Oh that's a good one. I have one guy who always does this. Hey, I need you to order x, y, and z. It's urgent, I know it's 4 PM Friday and sorry, I need it on Sunday. Go over to his desk in the next building over to talk to him. GONE. Doesnt pick up his cell. Sorry, I can't get your stuff for you man.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

People that don't shut up at hockey games. two and a half hours of talking about stuff other than hockey. Non-stop. SHUT UP!
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

I ran into that at the last fireworks display I went to. This chick behind me apparently ran into someone she hadn't seen in awhile and filled her in on her life story during the fireworks. Not sure what fireworks etiquette is but it was hugely distracting and annoying.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i think the only rule for fireworks is sit the **** down.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Mango Salsa wrote:I ran into that at the last fireworks display I went to. This chick behind me apparently ran into someone she hadn't seen in awhile and filled her in on her life story during the fireworks. Not sure what fireworks etiquette is but it was hugely distracting and annoying.
If you could hear them, then the fireworks sucked anyway and if there is any fireworks etiquette, it did not apply.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

http://www.examiner.com/article/firewor ... nthusiasts

I think it would fall under #7
Silence cell phones and portable electronic devices during the fireworks show. Does this warrant mention? A surprising number of folks forget. Someone’s device is bound to go off during the show. Do you really want it to be yours?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i hate yo ufor posting that link. made it to number 2 before Xing out. so many pop ups
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Really? I didn't have any...
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Mango Salsa wrote:I ran into that at the last fireworks display I went to. This chick behind me apparently ran into someone she hadn't seen in awhile and filled her in on her life story during the fireworks. Not sure what fireworks etiquette is but it was hugely distracting and annoying.
If you could hear them, then the fireworks sucked anyway and if there is any fireworks etiquette, it did not apply.

Yeah, they did suck. The smoke blotted them out and you could barely see them. I've been to Washington DC, Gettysburg and Antietam battlefields for the 4th. After that any show without cannon fire just doesn't cut it.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

People who give overly strong handshakes. It's not a strength test bro.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

viva la ben wrote:People who give overly strong handshakes. It's not a strength test bro.
o rly?

[youtube][/youtube]

;)
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

has it ever happened in recorded history where a little kid pauses, thinks about it, and then takes his/her shoes off before climbing on your furniture?
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

viva la ben wrote:People who give overly strong handshakes. It's not a strength test bro.

i dont mind that so much but people who grab your fingers instead of getting a full grip make me wanna stab them in the neck with a rusty screwdriver
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

When using the back button on this forum using ios7, the text resizes itself to be giant.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I hate the people who Tomahawk Chop instead of actually shaking your hand.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

shmenguin wrote:has it ever happened in recorded history where a little kid pauses, thinks about it, and then takes his/her shoes off before climbing on your furniture?
I do a modification of the Japanese practice for my house. My house it a split level, and I don't wear shoes on the upper floor, which includes the kitchen and bedrooms. I leave them on the landing for the stairs. I have a pair of slippers I put on to go down to the lower level/basement.

A humorous Japanese perspective on our practice of wearing shoes inside:

[youtube][/youtube]
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Google+ can suck it. They've apparently decided that Picasa will no longer be a thing, and that images will be managed with Google+. Except that Google+ is a 'social networking' site that is often blocked at many workplaces (like mine). Which means my 15-odd gigs of images are largely inaccessible from the office without engaging in a workaround.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

My phone started automatically using Google+ and backing up pictures and such. Screw that.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

My company help desk refuses to issue me a new laptop battery because in their opinion 90 minutes is reasonable life for a laptop battery.

Seriously?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

If I didn't need one for my Note2, I would delete my google/youtube account. Google can suck it.

[img]dx-chop.gif[/img]