Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by Grunthy »

DelPen wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:29 pm 5-1 in the division and still might not make the playoffs.
2010 Oakland. 6-0 and then finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

They can look to losses to two 2 win teams as their main failure. And going to Trubisky before Mason.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Badger Bob wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:37 pm They can look to losses to two 2 win teams as their main failure. And going to Trubisky before Mason.
If they miss the playoffs there is no one else to blame but Teflon Mike. Having Canada as OC after the bye week (or even at all) first and foremost.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

The Steelers probably at least beat the Patriots with Mason as QB. Not sure about colts as everyone looked awful that game. So probably 1 more win.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Grunthy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:11 am The Steelers probably at least beat the Patriots with Mason as QB. Not sure about colts as everyone looked awful that game. So probably 1 more win.
Maybe they don’t win vs the Colts, but the entire offense looks more calm with Mason at QB and the defense feeds off that. Even if all they do is beat the Patriots, that’s 11-6 and in the playoffs. The Colt’s game just becomes seeding.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

TJ is out a couple weeks with a MCL sprain. So, he won't get to taste the playoffs, barring a miracle.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

LOL, Steelers get a gift from Tennessee and are now in the playoffs. Unfreakin real. Trevor Lawrence goes home to get a haircut.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

Badger Bob wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:58 pm LOL, Steelers get a gift from Tennessee and are now in the playoffs. Unfreakin real. Trevor Lawrence goes home to get a haircut.
Vrabel said he wanted to take the Jags out! He did.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Badger Bob wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:58 pm LOL, Steelers get a gift from Tennessee and are now in the playoffs. Unfreakin real. Trevor Lawrence goes home to get a haircut.
Steelers get one extra game in spite of Teflon Mike not because of him.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

And the Steelers make the playoffs, yet there's a good chance the Pens don't.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

BTW, Rudolph set a Steelers completion percentage record with 90% (18 of 20). If they don't kick Trubisky to the curb after this season and resign Rudolph, they are nuts. Sometimes QB's take a while to develop at the pro level and it sure looks like Mason is one of those types.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

It’s supposed to be brutal temperature wise in KC Saturday night so glad we got Buffalo which will be nothing unusual for Buffalo in January. Also that KC game is a Peacock exclusive and now I won’t need to sort through all the people complaining about that :)
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Yeah, I see it's going to be a high of +13 and a low of -2 in KC Saturday. Ugggh!! Peacock can keep their sickening Taylor Swift / Travis Kelce love story all to themselves. I hope Miami finds a way to beat them in the cold.

They're calling for a high of +23 in Buffalo on Sunday and cloudy right now. We'll see if that changes during the week. Buffalo has won 5 in a row, while the Steelers have won 3 in a row with Mason at the helm. I'm not optimistic, but who knows. I was hoping for a Mike Tomlin major failure this season so it would improve the chances of him leaving, but this playoff appearance just helps solidify him for more years to come. Contract extension will undoubtedly happen this offseason. He's currently signed thru the 2024 season.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Badger Bob wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:07 am Yeah, I see it's going to be a high of +13 and a low of -2 in KC Saturday. Ugggh!! Peacock can keep their sickening Taylor Swift / Travis Kelce love story all to themselves. I hope Miami finds a way to beat them in the cold.

They're calling for a high of +23 in Buffalo on Sunday and cloudy right now. We'll see if that changes during the week. Buffalo has won 5 in a row, while the Steelers have won 3 in a row with Mason at the helm. I'm not optimistic, but who knows. I was hoping for a Mike Tomlin major failure this season so it would improve the chances of him leaving, but this playoff appearance just helps solidify him for more years to come. Contract extension will undoubtedly happen this offseason. He's currently signed thru the 2024 season.
I think this season has been a major failure for Tomlin, not just W/L but overall demeanor and leadership, and feel this team should have had 3 more wins. How does a team go 5-1 in the division and end up in 3rd place? They won 10 games in spite of Tomlin not because of any great coaching and leadership.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:12 am It’s supposed to be brutal temperature wise in KC Saturday night so glad we got Buffalo which will be nothing unusual for Buffalo in January. Also that KC game is a Peacock exclusive and now I won’t need to sort through all the people complaining about that :)
Brutal temp in KC will hurt the Chiefs since it'll become more of a running game and they don't run or stop the run that great. Curious how that game will go between them and the Dolphins. Bills are inconsistent and temp to win games late so we'll see how the Steelers 4th quarter dominance helps them. Either way I can't see them beating the Ravens a 3rd time.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Kazee’s bull **** suspension is over, that’s probably good.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

They can use all the help they can get. Hey, they might surprise everyone, although I'm not gonna place any bets on that with TJ out.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Steelers signed punter Josh Wing to the practice squad. I wonder if Harvin is hurt or if they signed Wing to send a message to Harvin. Seems weird if the latter is the case at this point. Harvin has really hurt this team at times. He's a true shankopotamus and he's never mastered the skill of pinning a team down inside the 10 yard line. Another MT wasted draft pick, although he was a 7th rounder.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Looks like Belicheat and the Patriots are finally parting ways. Maybe we can trick them into taking Tomlin?
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Badger Bob wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:23 pm Looks like Belicheat and the Patriots are finally parting ways. Maybe we can trick them into taking Tomlin?
He’ll go to the Raiders and make them even more of a laughingstock. Without his spy network and ability to steal the other teams playbooks and practice, those Patriot teams just couldn’t overcome.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

I'm going to be curious how history will portray Belicheat. Videotaping other team's practices, stealing hand signals, and deflated balls just to name some of things that happened under his watch. Will all this stuff just be a small blemish on his legacy? I'm guessing it will all be basically forgotten.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Badger Bob wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:46 pm I'm going to be curious how history will portray Belicheat. Videotaping other team's practices, stealing hand signals, and deflated balls just to name some of things that happened under his watch. Will all this stuff just be a small blemish on his legacy? I'm guessing it will all be basically forgotten.
I think the cheating will be ignored because the NFL has a great PR department. MLB threw the steroid folks and Astros under the bus and really ruined the reputation of the sport while the NFL ignored the 20 years of Patriot cheating for the "betterment of the game". I always thought it was fishy that a team called the Patriots won under dubious circumstances so shortly after 911. A team goes from barely relevant to legendary through controversy.

MLB and NHL needs the NFL PR department.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Wonder if the Dolphins regret not trying to actually win last week?
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

snow clearing at Highmark Stadium in Buffalo:

DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

If the Bills lay an egg or the refs make a few bad calls for the home team, how bad will the volley of snow balls be?