LGP DIY House edition

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: LGP DIY House edition

Post by Hockeynut! »

Today I flipped on the light switch to a spare bedroom and the light bulb went out. Not too unusual, but when I went to get in the hall closet to get a new lightbulb, I saw that light didn't come on. I then realized that those room weren't getting any power. I checked the electrical box and the breaker was thrown. I turned it back on and power was restored. The initial bulb was indeed bad and upon changing it, that light fixture works, but I've never had a light bulb going out throw a breaker before. Is this anything to be concerned about? I'm a little freaked out. :shock:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Could've just been an electricity surge. Don't worry about it unless it happens again, the breaker did its job.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by 60sixx »

Bumping this thread.........

Has anyone put in a paver patio on their own? Hubs and I are going to attempt one in the next few weeks. Any advice other than "make sure it's level AF?"
Last edited by 60sixx on Fri May 08, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ffemtreed
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ffemtreed »

60sixx wrote:Bumping this thread.........

Has anyone put in a paver patio on their own? Hubs and I are going to attempt one in the next few weeks. Any advice other than "make sur it's level AF?"
Hire someone who did it before :)

in all seriousness, make sure you use the right products and don't cheap out. Plan for some rental equipment (esp the thumper/compactor) don't do it by hand. Make sure you use the right sand (not sandbox sand) to lock the pavers down and fill the cracks.

Don't forget to make the phone call to locate your underground utils before you start digging.
Nuge
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Nuge »

Has anyone put in a paver patio on their own? Hubs and I are going to attempt one in the next few weeks. Any advice other than "make sure it's level AF?"
Save your money and pour a concrete pad instead. No matter how level you get the pavers, they'll settle to where they're uneven, plus you'll end up with weeds growing between them. It's a huge pain to level them all.
dey soff
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by dey soff »

To prevent settling and keep it level, dig out about 6 inches and add 3ish inches of crushed limestone and tamp it down tight and level. Add your sand and then add the pavers. You can rent a paver tamper to level them out when finished.
Last edited by dey soff on Tue May 12, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by 60sixx »

Thanks, everyone! Not looking forward to the work involved, blah. But we really need to do it.