Jagoff Wars: The Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Jagoff Wars: The Game Thread

Post by Kicksave »

This is my working theory so far.

I think dagny is the Noob Family Godfather. She gave up Cupkeeper, who was the mason of the family, as a way to gain trust in the village. In a 20-person game that could go quicker, she would be overlooked for a good portion of the time.

Now for the second family, I think the Godfather and Mason can talk to eachother but the seer and other parts of the family don't know who eachother are. If the seer found the Godfather, then they could communicate. If the godfather killed his own seer, then they both die which is what happened last night.

Again, just my working theory as of right now.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

How did we come to the conclusion that Dagny outed someone to save herself on the first day? That doesn't really add up to me.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Kicksave wrote:This is my working theory so far.

I think dagny is the Noob Family Godfather. She gave up Cupkeeper, who was the mason of the family, as a way to gain trust in the village. In a 20-person game that could go quicker, she would be overlooked for a good portion of the time.

Now for the second family, I think the Godfather and Mason can talk to eachother but the seer and other parts of the family don't know who eachother are. If the seer found the Godfather, then they could communicate. If the godfather killed his own seer, then they both die which is what happened last night.

Again, just my working theory as of right now.
I can get behind the theory for sure. I just assume you would save that trick for a day 3 or 4 thing. Doing it on the first day seems noob style.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

With two families killing and assuming their is another vig sort of role, there could be a bloodbath which would cut down on the number of people very quickly.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:How did we come to the conclusion that Dagny outed someone to save herself on the first day? That doesn't really add up to me.

Not to save herself, but to gain the trust of the village to manipulate it i presume.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:How did we come to the conclusion that Dagny outed someone to save herself on the first day? That doesn't really add up to me.

Not to save herself, but to gain the trust of the village to manipulate it i presume.
Yea, I saw Kicksave's theory and it does add up. Was just catching up on the info.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Kicksave wrote:With two families killing and assuming their is another vig sort of role, there could be a bloodbath which would cut down on the number of people very quickly.
They exited out the front door. They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with guns drawn. It was a *pizzaing* ambush. This was a *smurfing* bomb dropping on Beaver Cleaverville. For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon! THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!!
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I don't see why we are rushing to get this vote through at 9 am. I can vote for dags, but not this quickly.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

Yea, I saw Kicksave's theory and it does add up. Was just catching up on the info.

Going on the fact that there are two families, which means each family has a Mason. I doesnt make sense that the Mason could only talk to the GF. You would think that if there were two Mason's they would be able to talk to one another, not the God Fathers.

I think Dagny is bad, just a bad Mason though.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

slappybrown wrote:I don't see why we are rushing to get this vote through at 9 am. I can vote for dags, but not this quickly.
I'm not voting until she speaks more on the subject to be honest.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

kicksave, your theory is pretty wild (bad guys not being able to communicate fully) but seems to be a lot of assumptions based on a short game to this point. If your theory IS fact, i question your standing as a villager--what is to make me believe that you arent a member of one of the two (?) families and am giving away your status/privy information to provide a foundation for trust?

Im doing along with the dagny vote, but i question whether if dagny shows up bad, if you are doing exactly what you are accusing dagny of doing.

annoy dagny
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

That'd be a pretty ballsy move on my behalf with the bloodbath of red we've had so far.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Kicksave wrote:That'd be a pretty ballsy move on my behalf with the bloodbath of red we've had so far.
ballsy or desperate :scared:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

3 kills, 3 baddies....awesome

I'm checking up on what ive missed and will wait until after that to make a vote.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Well....

It seems there is a steady wagon rolling on Dagny but I'm not totally sold on this yet. Her reasoning sounds firm to me but then again I cant remember the last game I played where she lasted more than 5 minutes so I might not be able to spot her tells as well as others.

What are the odds of nailing 3 baddies on 3 kills no matter who is doing the killing (village or baddie)? Could it be there are even more than 2 families?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

i iz letting loney go.

annoy Dags
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

canaan wrote:kicksave, your theory is pretty wild (bad guys not being able to communicate fully) but seems to be a lot of assumptions based on a short game to this point. If your theory IS fact, i question your standing as a villager--what is to make me believe that you arent a member of one of the two (?) families and am giving away your status/privy information to provide a foundation for trust?

Im doing along with the dagny vote, but i question whether if dagny shows up bad, if you are doing exactly what you are accusing dagny of doing.

annoy dagny
I'm with canaan here, I've got questions as to kicksave's motives here, but I just don't trust dagny.

One way to find out.

annoy dagny
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

PensFanInDC wrote:Well....

What are the odds of nailing 3 baddies on 3 kills no matter who is doing the killing (village or baddie)?
50/50

/stats.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

limit reached.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

this game is express warz
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Code: Select all

dagny - 10 (Kicksave, Zarovich, MWB, mac5155, thehockeyguru, count2infinity, Troy Loney, canaan, Senka, relantel)

Limit Reached
Spoiler:
Oh... and write-up coming... and stuff...
Last edited by tfrizz on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I guess the good thing is that Dagny's Jag-off character is gone.

Although the push to get her out before she logged on is meh.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I guess I should have actually counted the votes for dagny. I didnt even realize it was that close.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

As the people of Clevadelphia celebrated the loss of Dan Carcillo (Twisted Wrister) and Scott Hartnell (MikeEnIke), attention quickly turned to Ric Flair (dagny) whose celebratory "Woo"s were confused for crying. A mob formed, positive that the mourning member of their community was another member of the mafia. The mob closed in quickly, as Flair dropped to his knees begging for his life. A faint scream could be heard through the streets as fist bumps began to make their way through the crowd. The task was done; Ric Flair (dagny), the Godfather of the Noob Family Mafia had been strangled with his own feather boa.

There are now 16 players remaining.
1. Troy Loney (Jeff Reed)
2. canaan (Eklund)
4. slappybrown (Saddam Hussein)
5. redwill (Judge Roy Moore)
6. mac5155 (Adam Graves)
8. count2infinity (Fred Phelps)
11. MWB (Barry Bonds)
12. Senka (Mike Babcock)
13. Zarovich (Mark Madden)
14. shafnutz05 (Biff Tannen)
15. Malkamaniac (Luke Ravenstahl)
16. relantel (Mike O'Meara)
17. thehockeyguru (Bruce Boudreau)
18. PensFanInDC (Ben Roethlisberger)
19. Kicksave (Mike Green)
20. JoseCuervo (Jim Rome)

Day 1 - Dutch Wydo (cup keeper), Noob Family Mafia Mason was stabbed to death by the village, then beheaded and hung by a Raven. (Write-Up)
Night 2 - Dan Carcillo (Twisted Wrister), Frat Brothers Mafia Seer was bitten by, infected by, then tripped over his own mafia boss. (Write-Up)
Night 2 - Scott Hartnell (MikeEnIke), Frat Brothers Godfather was poisoned through his hair dye. (Write-Up)
Day 2 - Ric Flair (dagny), Noob Family Mafia Godfather was strangled with his own boa.

It is now Night 3. RPs please send your PMs to myself, npv708, and newarenanow. The time limit is 6pm.
Last edited by tfrizz on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Kicksave wrote:I think dagny is the Noob Family Godfather.
:pop: