TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
centralPAPen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: TV Shows

Post by centralPAPen »

Adam-12.

For the older folks on the board.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

First image from Frank Darabont's adaptation of The Walking Dead.

This is going to be awesome.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

nocera wrote:First image from Frank Darabont's adaptation of The Walking Dead.
This is going to be awesome.
How am I just hearing about this now? This looks awesome!
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

I'm really excited about it

heres an awesome interview with Robert kirkman about it. It's going to be an hour long series which is great and it's so boss that Greg Nicotero is doing fx and makeup
uint: AMC has, obviously, been very supportive, but what can you get away with on AMC, in terms of graphic language and the intensity of the violence and stuff like that?
Robert Kirkman: You know, we just had a long meeting about this. There are some language restrictions. You’re not going to be dropping the F-bomb on AMC, which is fine. It’s not like if no one ever said the “f” word in WALKING DEAD the comic book, people would miss it.

I think the best way to put it is if you have ever watched BREAKING BAD…. they push the limit in BREAKING BAD quite often. There’s severed heads on the back of turtles, there’s liquefied bodies falling through ceilings, somebody just got their head blown off recently. I don’t want to spoil anything, but there’s very graphic nasty stuff that’s on BREAKING BAD all of the time and the thing that I was very excited to learn about AMC is that there is no limitation to how much of that you can have per episode or per hour or per minute.
Quint: Really?
Robert Kirkman: Anything you have seen in BREAKING BAD we can do every minute of our show. And then also there’s a lot of things you can get away with, because they are zombies, so you will be seeing all kinds of cool stuff that you would expect to see in THE WALKING DEAD: THE TV SHOW, so while it isn’t a pay cable channel, I think that people are still going to get what they want.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45261
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

That looks cool. I'll watch it.

*The severed head on the turtle in BB was one of the finest moments on television.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Been watching "Top Shot". I want to check out Dual Survival but forgot to see when it actually started so I think I missed he first episode.

I enjoy Pawn Stars. I'm sure it's a show that is going to suddenly cease to be interesting, but right now I'm into it.

I didn't agree with the decision on Top Chef masters at all... I felt the other 2 chefs were better... but I'm glad a new season of Top Chef is starting right away.

Still watching Hell's Kitchen though at this point it feels like going through the motions to me. I'll be more interested when they thin the herd. I'm kinda sick of hearing people who can't cook mashed potatoes claim they deserve to stick around.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I've watched the season premier of Ture Blood every day since it aired. Can't we be at Sunday again?
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

KG wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Craig T Nelson is pretty awesome on Parenthood
I enjoy Parenthood. I was plesantly surprised by it...good show...
It was a surprisingly awesome show. :thumb:
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Idoit40fans wrote:I've watched the season premier of Ture Blood every day since it aired. Can't we be at Sunday again?
Can't say I liked the episode that much to watch it daily, but I am looking forward to some of the plot-lines that it set up, for sure.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

meecrofilm wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I've watched the season premier of Ture Blood every day since it aired. Can't we be at Sunday again?
Can't say I liked the episode that much to watch it daily, but I am looking forward to some of the plot-lines that it set up, for sure.
I hated the maryanne plot-line last season as soon as it started, so this season is looking glorious to me. If it ended now, it would be better than season 2 was.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Idoit40fans wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:
I hated the maryanne plot-line last season as soon as it started, so this season is looking glorious to me. If it ended now, it would be better than season 2 was.
Same, I kept on strongly hoping she would die every time a new episode started.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

I'm anxious for the start of new episodes of Leverage and The Closer.

Royal Pains is good for some summer entertainment as is In Plain Sight.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Troy Loney wrote:
Cookestache wrote:Parks and Rec blows the balls off everything else on Thursday nights. It's in another stratosphere.
you know, i was thinking last night that parks and rec is poorly concieved. i feel like the format is weak and holds back it's potential. but that might just be because i think that raaaaaandy needs more lines in the show.
I've changed my mind on the show. I think that it's awesome, i've been watching episodes on hulu and ondemand. I'd definitely rather watch it than community, and probably the office (that show has run its course). I thought the introduction of Rob Lowe and Ben was awesome in the last two episodes.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i thought rob lowe was very funny :thumb:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote: I've changed my mind on the show. I think that it's awesome, i've been watching episodes on hulu and ondemand. I'd definitely rather watch it than community, and probably the office (that show has run its course). I thought the introduction of Rob Lowe and Ben was awesome in the last two episodes.
No doubt the show is ten times better this year than last. The tweaked some of the characters and it made a big difference.

Does anyone watch Breaking Bad? Just watched the season finale last night.... good stuff.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I keep hearing that I should watch Breaking Bad, but I've never gotten around to watching it...
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

the wicked child wrote:I keep hearing that I should watch Breaking Bad, but I've never gotten around to watching it...
:thumb: I like it. I got into it during the second season, so I had to go back and watch previous episodes.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I started at the beginning of season two, but still haven't seen the first season. It's about a chemistry teacher turned drug producer so he can pay his medical bills.... at least that's how it started. Has definitely evolved from that point.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Almost done with Season 1 of True Blood. It's getting pretty good. I just watched the episode where the rednecks burned down the vampire's home. It was episode 7.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

eddysnake wrote:I'm really excited about it

heres an awesome interview with Robert kirkman about it. It's going to be an hour long series which is great and it's so boss that Greg Nicotero is doing fx and makeup
uint: AMC has, obviously, been very supportive, but what can you get away with on AMC, in terms of graphic language and the intensity of the violence and stuff like that?
Robert Kirkman: You know, we just had a long meeting about this. There are some language restrictions. You’re not going to be dropping the F-bomb on AMC, which is fine. It’s not like if no one ever said the “f” word in WALKING DEAD the comic book, people would miss it.

I think the best way to put it is if you have ever watched BREAKING BAD…. they push the limit in BREAKING BAD quite often. There’s severed heads on the back of turtles, there’s liquefied bodies falling through ceilings, somebody just got their head blown off recently. I don’t want to spoil anything, but there’s very graphic nasty stuff that’s on BREAKING BAD all of the time and the thing that I was very excited to learn about AMC is that there is no limitation to how much of that you can have per episode or per hour or per minute.
Quint: Really?
Robert Kirkman: Anything you have seen in BREAKING BAD we can do every minute of our show. And then also there’s a lot of things you can get away with, because they are zombies, so you will be seeing all kinds of cool stuff that you would expect to see in THE WALKING DEAD: THE TV SHOW, so while it isn’t a pay cable channel, I think that people are still going to get what they want.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45261
When does this start?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Malkamaniac wrote:
When does this start?
This October, they have 6 one hour episodes greenlit as of now I think
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I've been watching last comic standing

outside of that I don't watch much tv unless it's hockey or baseball
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

beerman wrote:I've been watching last comic standing

outside of that I don't watch much tv unless it's hockey or baseball
Yeah, now that most of the shows I watch are in rerun mode, I haven't watched anything. I'll watch some Succo baseball, but that is about it.

I've just been catching up on some DVDs on netflix.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

newarenanow wrote:I've just been catching up on some DVDs on netflix.
That's how most of the stuff I watch is, I never remember to actually sit down and watch a certain show so I just wait till it's up on Netflix. I'm going back through and filling in all the episodes of Big Bang Theory now, I don't really even watch them all right away I just copy the netflix disc :pop:
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

beerman wrote: I'm going back through and filling in all the episodes of Big Bang Theory now, I don't really even watch them all right away I just copy the netflix disc :pop:
Same here. I copy the disc and watch it whenever.