NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Post by sdm5055 »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Saying that you want to give a chance for everyone to decide whether you should be gone is trying way too hard to appear helpful and selfless. That doesn't go far in this game
I am going to do my best to help my team win. To me the best way of getting some of this resolved is by offing Redwill. I was suspicious of both him and Crayz because of Crayz's bandwagon vote on me from the start. I voted to waive crayz because he was the first to vote me. In retrospect it probably would have been best to vote Redwill because he was the one to quickly hop on the bandwagon.

If speaking candidly is going to mean my quick exit thats fine, I just am trying to express my thoughts in hopes that it may help.
what team is your team?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

thehockeyguru wrote:If speaking candidly is going to mean my quick exit thats fine, I just am trying to express my thoughts in hopes that it may help.
Oh no....not saying that I necessarily suspect you. More advice from personal experience :P
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

I'm between redwill, because I like Troy's reasoning, or just offing hockeyguru, because we seem pretty hung up on him as a whole group and unless the goons think he is a RP they aren't going to bother killing him because it's causing the village confusion, so every vote will just be back discussing him again.

I have a meeting at 10 and I'm not sure when I'll be back after that
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

sdm5055 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Saying that you want to give a chance for everyone to decide whether you should be gone is trying way too hard to appear helpful and selfless. That doesn't go far in this game
I am going to do my best to help my team win. To me the best way of getting some of this resolved is by offing Redwill. I was suspicious of both him and Crayz because of Crayz's bandwagon vote on me from the start. I voted to waive crayz because he was the first to vote me. In retrospect it probably would have been best to vote Redwill because he was the one to quickly hop on the bandwagon.

If speaking candidly is going to mean my quick exit thats fine, I just am trying to express my thoughts in hopes that it may help.
what team is your team?

can we please elaborate THG? What team do you speak of?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy, that's a solid analysis. Pavel and redwill's backslapping does seem a bit suspicious. I will stick with azkar for the reasons I listed earlier (as well as Pavel's analysis). Pavel said he would bet his in-game life that Azkar is a goon....I will accept his offer.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Well we could interrogate each and every person and out all the role players?

Here are my thoughts....the first day Redwill, Crayz and THG were all bickering w/each other...then we all vote for scott hartnell because he's scott hartnell...there were some votes for malk because he posted after the writeup...but he got upset because he wanted to play and was going to get voted off the first day, so thats what prompted to scott hartnell because he's a quiet player and we deemed a quiet player better to off than an active player.

Redwill made some post about not changing his vote to scott hartnell, because hartnell isn't on his "radar"...i dont think hartnell made a post all game...of course, he's not on anyone's "radar"....i read that as redwill's "radar" is his being a goon and knowing that hartnell isnt a goon, and trying to vein village cred by not participating in the vote for a superstar...

and then pavel defended redwill's post....for no reason....no one voted for redwill, nothign was going on, nothing needed to be said there....twice i remember a player defending another player this early in the game...last game shaftnutz tried to defend zaro (they were both bad)...way back, canaan defended juice when no killing iminent (they were both bad)....that to me is a red flag....everyone is out for themselves at this point in the game, nor does anyone know anything either way...except the goons...

so thats where i stand...

Nice synopsis
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

what team is your team?

My best chance of winning a cup was with the Red Wings, but I had some of my best years with the North Stars. So my team is no doubt the North Stars.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Going back, I am pretty sure THG is not a goon. He was ridiculously adamant about going after crayz....like someone pointed out, that is way too obvious a play to kill crayz and let THG take the fall. Redwill was the other one suspected by THG....and I agree that by taking out crayz, it gives redwill more credibility because he was lumped together with him. Again....sticking with azkar, but redwill is certainly 2nd on my list.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

claim redwill

waive azkar

THG is ruining my argument by supporting it....sorry man...you kind of killed your credibility with the pm's....

I don't like the redwill and pavel interaction...i'm just kind of thinking that THG stumbled on redwill as a goon and they overreacted and slipped up.

But i'm willing to go with azkar to see if pavel is actually on to something....but i think i've made myself more than clear on who's ID i want to know.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Redwill was the other one suspected by THG....and I agree that by taking out crayz, it gives redwill more credibility because he was lumped together with him. Again....sticking with azkar, but redwill is certainly 2nd on my list.
I really dont like switching my vote, but you guys seem very sold on Azkar.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy, I think you and I are on the same page here. You probably were more eloquent than myself, however.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:claim redwill

waive azkar

THG is ruining my argument by supporting it....sorry man...you kind of killed your credibility with the pm's....

I don't like the redwill and pavel interaction...i'm just kind of thinking that THG stumbled on redwill as a goon and they overreacted and slipped up.

But i'm willing to go with azkar to see if pavel is actually on to something....but i think i've made myself more than clear on who's ID i want to know.
I see what you're saying about the pavel/redwill thing, but they both seem to be pretty analytical players... not sure they would slip up like that. Worth keeping in mind though.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Just to throw this out before I make my vote...

What do we have to gain by keeping Azkar alive one more day and getting rid of redwill now? In my eyes, he's the more deadly player. Azkar's flip/flop was stupid and obvious and I don't think we lose much by just wasting him tomorrow. At the very least, we go 1 for 2 and hit atleast one goon. That's pretty good at this point.

However, I will vote Azkar if that's where the bandwagon goes.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Just to throw this out before I make my vote...
Anyone have the updated vote count as of this moment?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Azkar - 5
redwill - 3
JS - 1
tfrizz - 1

I believe that's the count.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Well...I've been up since 8am Monday morning....it's now 10:07 wednesday morning and I started drinking at midnight last night...

For those that know me and my style...I loves me an azkar vote =)

waive Azkar

There is absolutely no basis I have for this, other than I enjoy voting for him.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

My vote would still be for THG if I didn't think he was the independent. That is the only reason that I retracted my vote, the more I thought about it, the more I figured he coulden't be mafia (because they woulden't have let him screw up his PMs like that). That leaves him as either independent or a village RP. To lynch him now would be stupid because he is either going to help the village (as an RP), or can not be killed (as the independent).

With that said: waive redwill

I know I'm not a goon, but he could be - I really agreed with troy's logic a few pages ago about him pointing out that he didn't vote for a villager. How else would he have known who the villager was?
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

jaysmiter wrote:Well...I've been up since 8am Monday morning....it's now 10:07 wednesday morning and I started drinking at midnight last night...

waive Azkar

There is absolutely no basis I have for this, other than I enjoy voting for him.
haha. Our rivalry dates back all the way to WWII I believe
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Azkar wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:Well...I've been up since 8am Monday morning....it's now 10:07 wednesday morning and I started drinking at midnight last night...

waive Azkar

haha. Our rivalry dates back all the way to WWII I believe
Somewhere around there, and I don't think any game I've played you have actually been a bad guy. So...yeah.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

waive redwill

It just seems like thehockeyguru either knows something about redwill, or thinks redwill knows something about him. Since I think thehockeyguru is a role player, but is far too reckless to be a goon, it makes sense to me that redwill could be a goon. :?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

It just seems like thehockeyguru either knows something about redwill, or thinks redwill knows something about him. Since I think thehockeyguru is a role player, but is far too reckless to be a goon, it makes sense to me that redwill could be a goon.
I am going with my gut, and sticking with Redwill.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'm only sad that Troy Loney and others apparently think I'm so stupid as to out myself as a goon with my jwienand (Hartnell) comment. That's pretty simple reasoning on yinz part, huh?

Back in SW II (my first game) I commented similarly during the Kicksave vote.
redwill wrote:
beerman wrote:whatev unsalt juice

salt ks just to get this done and over with
Call me an obstructionist, or a newbie, or an anarcho-syndacalist idealogue, or even a slug, but I will never vote for someone I firmly believe to be a villager.
I was village then, as was Kicksave. I'm village now, as was jwienand.

It's my reaction to this voting tendency (seen in most game threads and definitely this one) of players saying "I don't really think so-and-so is a goon, but I'm voting for them anyway." How silly, especially when there are better options on the table. The better option was Malkamaniac on the first day and is Azkar now.

I'm good with getting Azkar and still OK with Malkamaniac and thehockeyguru. I'll consider everyone else village/town until I get more information.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I will firmly stand beside redwill (if for the time being). It doesn't make any sense to get rid of a useful and analytical player based on a weak confluence of events. There are legitimate reasons to out Azkar. If the seer (if we have one) wants to check out redwill tonight, wonderful. But getting rid of him now is asinine.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

redwill wrote:I'm only sad that Troy Loney and others apparently think I'm so stupid as to out myself as a goon with my jwienand (Hartnell) comment. That's pretty simple reasoning on yinz part, huh?

Back in SW II (my first game) I commented similarly during the Kicksave vote.
redwill wrote:
beerman wrote:whatev unsalt juice

salt ks just to get this done and over with
Call me an obstructionist, or a newbie, or an anarcho-syndacalist idealogue, or even a slug, but I will never vote for someone I firmly believe to be a villager.
I was village then, as was Kicksave. I'm village now, as was jwienand.

It's my reaction to this voting tendency (seen in most game threads and definitely this one) of players saying "I don't really think so-and-so is a goon, but I'm voting for them anyway." How silly, especially when there are better options on the table. The better option was Malkamaniac on the first day and is Azkar now.

I'm good with getting Azkar and still OK with Malkamaniac and thehockeyguru. I'll consider everyone else village/town until I get more information.
Then don't vote for them....no one is forcing you too...but going out and making a point about not voting for someone is uneccessary.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I will firmly stand beside redwill (if for the time being). It doesn't make any sense to get rid of a useful and analytical player based on a weak confluence of events. There are legitimate reasons to out Azkar. If the seer (if we have one) wants to check out redwill tonight, wonderful. But getting rid of him now is asinine.
Ok, I will take your word for it.

Claim Redwill

Waive Azkar