TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Rylan »

Sarcastic wrote:Once Upon A Time was so good tonight.
Definitely not a show for me.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Rylan wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Once Upon A Time was so good tonight.
Definitely not a show for me.
You need to get in touch with your feminine side.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

haha I guess. But as I am watching it, I just realize I do not care about any of the characters. Just doesn't make me want to watch week in and week out.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

walking dead...
Spoiler:
that was just about the best 5 minutes of television i've ever seen
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

shmenguin wrote:walking dead...
Spoiler:
Exactly why this show is frustrating.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Rylan wrote:haha I guess. But as I am watching it, I just realize I do not care about any of the characters. Just doesn't make me want to watch week in and week out.
yeah. i find it extremely meh. i think the actors are good but the writing is mediocre. and i know it's a lot to ask, but the lack of a decent special effects budget kills it for me.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

shmenguin wrote:
Rylan wrote:haha I guess. But as I am watching it, I just realize I do not care about any of the characters. Just doesn't make me want to watch week in and week out.
yeah. i find it extremely meh. i think the actors are good but the writing is mediocre. and i know it's a lot to ask, but the lack of a decent special effects budget kills it for me.
There were a lot of moments where I realized that I had no idea what the hell happened during the entire episode. Then my roommate would explain everything, and I would go right back into a what is going on state. Does not keep me drawn in enough to grasp the whole story.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Rylan wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
There were a lot of moments where I realized that I had no idea what the hell happened during the entire episode. Then my roommate would explain everything, and I would go right back into a what is going on state. Does not keep me drawn in enough to grasp the whole story.
it's one of those shows where you can dial yourself in, give it full attention, watch 5 minutes of dialogue...and retain nothing.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

But you guys like looking at zombies. Zombies! They're gonna have a dragon next week! We all know that dragons are real and zombies are NOT. So are fairies! I know that for sure, it'd bring me money when I was a kid!
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

lol. I watch very little TV so it takes something special for me to decide that for 1 hr a week I will watch this show. Only 1 show on TV do I make sure to watch and that is Boardwalk Empire. Outside of that, if I miss an episode or 2 I will just wait until someone buys the season on DVD or something.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Sarcastic wrote:But you guys like looking at zombies. Zombies! They're gonna have a dragon next week! We all know that dragons are real and zombies are NOT. So are fairies! I know that for sure, it'd bring me money when I was a kid!
i'm looking at zombies, but i'm listening to capable writing. it's that simple.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

yeah, end of walking dead... HOLY CRAP

just really heartbreaking stuff.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:yeah, end of walking dead... HOLY CRAP

that's probably spoiler worthy.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shmenguin wrote:walking dead...
Spoiler:

:scared:
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

shmenguin wrote:

I don't know... I think that's sufficiently vague.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:
shmenguin wrote:

I don't know... I think that's sufficiently vague.
i think my post was actually more spoiler worthy, then
:scared:
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Sarcastic wrote:But you guys like looking at zombies. Zombies! They're gonna have a dragon next week! We all know that dragons are real and zombies are NOT. So are fairies! I know that for sure, it'd bring me money when I was a kid!
A real Dragon:
Spoiler:
A real fairy:
Spoiler:
:pop:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

more thoughts on the walking dead
Spoiler:
that scene was ridiculously dense. you had hershel's world crumbling, shane going nuts, the group bonding over their dismal perspective of the world, and rick coming to terms with that reality as well. oh yeah...and the little girl gets zombied and shot in the head. there was so much going on there.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Has the Mortal Kombat: Legacy Blu-ray been released yet (I saw a date online, but no confirmation that it happened)? Also, do I need to buy any thing extra to play blu-rays on my PS3?

Also, sorry if this was posted already, but I think it's awesome news:
On September 29, 2011, The Hollywood Reporter reported that New Line Cinema, sister studio to Warner Bros., has hired Tancharoen to direct a new feature-length movie based on the franchise. Oren Uziel, who wrote the original short film, Mortal Kombat: Rebirth, but was not involved in Mortal Kombat: Legacy, is returning to pen the story, while no actors, nor other crew have been confirmed. Story details known state that the film will not be an extension of the game, nor of Legacy.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shmenguin wrote:more thoughts on the walking dead
Spoiler:
that scene was ridiculously dense. you had hershel's world crumbling, shane going nuts, the group bonding over their dismal perspective of the world, and rick coming to terms with that reality as well. oh yeah...and the little girl gets zombied and shot in the head. there was so much going on there.
Thank god for
Spoiler:
Sophie, that girl had it coming. Shane went crazy, and if they keep it on loose storyline with the comic/novel. I can't wait to see the next year of the story.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Spoiler:
Thank god for
Spoiler:
Sophie, that girl had it coming. Shane went crazy, and if they keep it on loose storyline with the comic/novel. I can't wait to see the next year of the story.
Spoiler:
I assume they will be moving on from the farm.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

columbia wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
Spoiler:
Thank god for
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I assume they will be moving on from the farm.
Spoiler:
Well, they eventually move on. The Prison was shown and detailed during the promotion for the second year of Walking Dead way back when the second season had first aired.

So many good things happen during the prison sequence that I hope they keep it loosely related even.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Aaaah I want to talk about this so bad, but I'm using my iPod touch to post, and I don't think I can post spoilers.

Edit:
Spoiler:
spoiler test
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Ok. With that out of the way... I'm going to talk about stuff from the comics, so MAJOR spoilers... Don't click it. You are warned.
Spoiler:
I like the way they resolved the barn plot way better on the show than in the books. I think that having hershel's world violently shattered like that was more effective than him admitting Rick was right after an attack. It seems to paint Hershel in a more sympathetic light. Also, I DID NOT expect to see Sophia stumbling out of the barn.

I'm kind of wondering how much longer they are going to keep Shane around. I wonder if they are going to sort of replace the tyrese character with Shane going into the prison. Although with how nuts he has been acting, I'm surprised Carl hasn't shot him yet. I was expecting Shane to turn his gun on rick after shooting all the zombies, and then Carl shooting Shane.
Hopefully that spoiler tag worked. Haha.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Froggy wrote:Ok. With that out of the way... I'm going to talk about stuff from the comics, so MAJOR spoilers... Don't click it. You are warned.
Spoiler:
I like the way they resolved the barn plot way better on the show than in the books. I think that having hershel's world violently shattered like that was more effective than him admitting Rick was right after an attack. It seems to paint Hershel in a more sympathetic light. Also, I DID NOT expect to see Sophia stumbling out of the barn.

I'm kind of wondering how much longer they are going to keep Shane around. I wonder if they are going to sort of replace the tyrese character with Shane going into the prison. Although with how nuts he has been acting, I'm surprised Carl hasn't shot him yet. I was expecting Shane to turn his gun on rick after shooting all the zombies, and then Carl shooting Shane.
Hopefully that spoiler tag worked. Haha.
Novel comments you've been warmed.
Spoiler:
I've been debating with the Shane dying aspect for awhile. I think in the show Rick now realizes that Shane was right about survival, and I think Rick killing sophia in the end all but admitted that it's not the world he's used to, and that it's all about survival at this point. Which leads me to Shane, if Rick understands that choice and that what he did with Sophia can't happen again, Shane is no longer needed. Shane going crazy like this will end to his downfall(especially with Lori all but removing him from the pregnancy situation). Which would be a great way to tie into the Carl shooting shane thing, because Shane does have a huge conflict with Lori around the time of the prison experience.

Shane is a main character though, and probably one of the better ones. Him going overboard provides a ton of outs to remove him or change him in some way. I could see the Dale/Shane conflict ending in Dale killing Shane instead of Carl, because technically in the book/comic Carl already knew how to shoot(and wasn't just learning).