*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by npv708 »

bhaw wrote:
Senka wrote:question to bhaw/corv -- Does the major HAVE to pardon someone every night? or can they just decide not to...
No. The mayor has the option to not pardon anyone and cannot pardon himself.
They also only have 2 pardons the entire game and one of them has already been used.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

of course, i assume if we dont string up juice again, the bird will take a shot.. but regardless, i'm sticking with juice until someone can talk me out of it.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

bhaw wrote:
dagny wrote:Time limit begins 9am EST.
I thought the time limit started tomorrow being today is a holiday?

I will consult with Corvidae on this because there are likely a lot of people not here.
Oh, did I forget to put on Tuesday morning? :shock:

Sorry, I was exhausted after work. Could hardly see straight, apparently.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

JoseCuervo wrote:anyone else get a weird feeling about errey?
i have a weird feeling. he had sun poisoning and then disappeared. errey and jwie are two i think that could be trouble. they have been very quiet but pop in here and there to say something but never really do anything. i also think the pipes theory presented a few posts ago is pretty solid. but for now ill sit back on the holiday and see whateveryone else has to offer. i doubt there will be many people on so no rush here.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

npv708 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
npv708 wrote:Additionally, pipes is asking for the Sexta to out themselves. The Sexta should only out themselves when they have no choice left but to. Very suspicious to me.
same with juice. Did we find out what Juice was, or are we leaving him alone?
I'm almost 100% sure Juice has to be something. If juice isn't, the mayor wouldn't have protected him, which also means that the Mayor is a presumed slug. The reason I'm straying away from a Juice vote is that a pardon could easily waste another night, while a certain flying creature could help us overnight, so we should really head towards another. In this case, since Juice and Pipes both seem to want similar things, and for the reasons I expressed above, Pipes is extremely suspicious.

So in summation:

Juice = slug
Mayor = slug
Pipes = definitely a possible slug.
in summation, aren't we all definitely a possible slug? :scared:
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

I just think at this point in the game, the sexta has to be protecting himself. And I think either the slugs are trying to confuse us by spreading the votes across the board or we are in really bad shape as a group with our theories.

There are a few people that i am comfortable trusting right now, I wouldn't mind one more.

That said, the sexta doesn't need to trust me.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Senka wrote:question to bhaw/corv -- Does the major HAVE to pardon someone every night? or can they just decide not to...
The Mayor doesn't have to pardon anyone.

Anywho, the gods and mods all had a powwow in the chat and decided to open it back up today. So, salt, don't salt, talk about beer... whatever. You're not on the clock until tomorrow morning.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Code: Select all

2 jweinand
2 Pipes Hochuli
1 canaan
1 Juice
1 Letang Is The Truth
1 MWB
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

beer. horray, beer!
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I'm glad the game's been started back up again.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

i just got tix to the game thursday. WOOHOO~!
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

npv708 wrote:Additionally, pipes is asking for the Sexta to out themselves. The Sexta should only out themselves when they have no choice left but to. Very suspicious to me.
the slugs know who it is, so why shouldn't he/she tell the villagers? That's not suspicious at all to me.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

JoseCuervo wrote:
the slugs know who it is, so why shouldn't he/she tell the villagers? That's not suspicious at all to me.
I agree. As I've said before, I don't really see any downside to the angel coming out. S/he is going to self-protect no matter what. It provides the village with a trustworthy who can be taken at face value. Someone we would know is not a slug trying to mislead us.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

JoseCuervo wrote:
It's not a definite that the slugs know who it is. The sexta could've guessed that the slugs were going to go after somebody and guessed right. What exactly is worse about having the Sexta come out when they are cornered? If we are about to salt the Sexta, I'm pretty sure they'd let us know, it doesn't really help us to know now. They might as well stay hidden.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

i'm gonna guess the slugs know. there is only 1 person, and that is the sexta.. they must know what they're doing, and will come out when the time's right
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

jaysmiter wrote: But, who were the cavaliers in that Juice salting? I was one, yes. I had reasons to back it up. I think we really need to look hard at Canaan. He jumped on that quickly. There are also some other strange things Canaan has done. He was gung-ho for PFiDC then PFiDC made one inconsequential post early in one day (I have to go back and get the evidence, I thought we weren't starting til Tuesday...) and Canaan, all of the sudden, says, "Oh, PFiDC is def. a villager. I'm convinced."

Why the sudden change?
this post smells of slug. you say that the village should look at the 'cavaliers' in the juice vote, admit to being one, and then accuse me for being a proponent of the juice vote (who, i think its pretty evident, is a slug). I didn't have evidence of wanting juice salted? We've gone around and around on how he would be a very important player to the slugs and, if he wasn't the alpha, there was a damn good chance that he was a recruit--what's not to understand about that? sorry that my post wasn't any more than "salt juice", but i assumed that the player had been discussed enough in the previous 5 rounds.

In response to the PFIDC change, It was a matter of reading his reaction that cleared things up to me as to why I believe he is a villager. His coy reaction to an accusation I made was enough for me to believe him--if im wrong, well eggs on my face, but i've, at least to this point, had a decent bs detector in these games. I thought I made it pretty clear in that conversation.
jaysmiter wrote:I was fairly convinced Canaan was innocent, and then some of these things started jumping out at me. Why would he get all super aggressive when Dagny brought up Letang's post-deletion, then consequently Dagny is eaten that same night.
I guess when I said that "this has nothing to do with the game" it wasn't clear enough? Its a matter of fair play for me and I don't think that I was alone in that thinking...didn't you agree with my rationale? http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... &p=1014508" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It seems like you are working extremely hard to make stuff up.

saly jaysmiter
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

^errrr....salt jaysmiter
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
i have a weird feeling. he had sun poisoning and then disappeared. errey and jwie are two i think that could be trouble. they have been very quiet but pop in here and there to say something but never really do anything. i also think the pipes theory presented a few posts ago is pretty solid. but for now ill sit back on the holiday and see whateveryone else has to offer. i doubt there will be many people on so no rush here.
Look at my last two votes, Irish Eyes and Juice..one was a slug and the other is thought to be one. also i never strayed from these votes. I think my fellow slugs would be getting pretty P'Od if i kept calling them out round after round. Let's not try to bring up nonsense theories right now and focus on figuring out this Mayor-Juice fiasco. Nice attempt at diversion though.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I agreed with your rationale to an extent, yes on the deletion issue. I also said that I didn't think it was a big deal that a deleted post was made known. I guess you and I just differ in that I think Dagny can separate the game from her privileges, and was trying to be fair to everyone.

Personally, I think your defense "reeks of slug" as you said it. Instead of defending yourself immediately, you accuse me. And you put the cherry on top by voting to salt me, which makes this whole thing seem like we're both probably slugs and this is just an "in-fighting" tactic...

Be that as it may, my thoughts on the slug team is that it is full of good, veteran players. Maybe not all remaining 6, but mostly. The rest of the village should be able to see that if that is the case, staging a juice salting only to protect as a feint is in the realm of possibility and a smart move.

This isn't the first time you've gone after me, after posting intelligent (well, maybe...I guess that will still be determined) discourse this game, either.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

i don't think it's a very sound theory. i fit the bill of the second player, not the first that i " continually defended Juice as to why they shouldn't be lynched" i dont remember defending juice, in fact i did unsalt him like the 2nd player as it picked up steam. i did this because it was 10:30 at night and not everyone had seen the discussion. and because people were making votes like this
wallflower wrote:What the heck happened in here tonight?

As for the vote, I don't need to contemplate anything; I'm sticking with salt Juice.
When the slugs are clearly dictating the game, I didn't see why giving the entire village a chance to read up would be a bad thing.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:the juice vote just took off a bit too quickly for my liking last night...
i agree it was pretty rapid. lots of slugs in the house?

i like your reasoning with dan h and he has been on my list i have here for the past 2 days. i still think jwie. but for now salt dan h
don't you remember LITT? that sounds a bit odd.

it also sounds odd the way you agree and sympathize with JC quite a bit after he throws your name into the mix.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

i'm torn between LITT and canaan
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

I've noticed a lot of LITT and JC being on the same page lately too. Backing each others theories and such, something to think about.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

JC accused LITT during the Juice salting, if memory serves me right. Since then it seems LITT has been trying to win him over. PFIDC was the only other to hop on board that.

It seems like LITT's name comes up, and gets deflected away.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

Edit: could be due to inexperience, could be due to getting some advice/help from other slugs.