Other NHL Games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Re: Other NHL Games

Post by Faubert5 »

Durbano wrote:Winnipeg earned that tying goal. So much pressure down the stretch.

Couldn't hang for the second OT of Vegas-San Jose last night. Hope this one ends quickly.
Once again PK is flopping on the ice when the puck ends up in the back of his net. He was climbing up a guy's back bounced off and wanted a penalty call.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Rooting for the Jets. I like Paul Maurice. And Nashville can take a walk.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Nashville had the upper hand in the first OT. May not matter.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Durbano wrote:Nashville had the upper hand in the first OT. May not matter.
There are no style points. Just want to see the Jets win so I can listen to talk radio tomorrow and laugh.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

KG wrote:Rooting for the Jets. I like Paul Maurice. And Nashville can take a walk.
Their team are a bunch of goons though. Rooting for 7 so they kick the hell out of each other and whoever makes it out loses bad in the next round.
Owchar76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Owchar76 »

Tampa does not look good tonight. Yes they are outshooting the Bruins but the Bruins seem to have the better scoring opportunities. Tampa gets zero sustained pressure, Kucherov is invisible, Stamkos is non existent, and they look slow as molasses aside from a couple guys. Boston is way faster and has forced them into a bunch of turnovers and keep them to the outside in the offensive zone. One and done.

I thought the Devils would take Tampa out and even though they got by them, I'm still not convinced they're a contender. Their play down the stretch wasn't pretty and Vasilevsky didn't look sharp either.
Owchar76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Owchar76 »

And their power play is embarrassingly bad. They get lucky with a phantom 4 minute highstick and muster 2 shots. One off a rush and another one and done. Talk about squandering a chance. I could see the Bruins forcing OT now.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Bolts looking more like their good selves in game three. If they find their earlier form (first three-quarters of the season), they're the class of the East, IMO.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Think NHL officiating hit a new low yesterday? Think again.

The set up: End of the game, empty net for the B's. Tampa Bay player on a breakaway towards the empty net. Bruin player dives/sprawls from behind and trips him. Automatic goal, right? Thems the rules, as they say. Nope, just a minor penalty.

Thank you, Wes McCauley
Last edited by Humperdink on Fri May 04, 2018 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The White Out in Winnipeg is something no other city can duplicate.

Torn in this series. Really don’t like how Nashville found hockey just recently after they hosted the all star game they tr at the games like an event instead of a hockey game. But the Jets are a bunch of goons. 7 games of pain would be great.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

DelPen wrote:The White Out in Winnipeg is something no other city can duplicate.

Torn in this series. Really don’t like how Nashville found hockey just recently after they hosted the all star game they tr at the games like an event instead of a hockey game. But the Jets are a bunch of goons. 7 games of pain would be great.
Nashville isn't much better. When your local fans and announcers think the veteran presence of Scott Hartnell will settle your team down you're in trouble. They lose their cool at the slightest hint of adversity.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

Marchand low-bridged Callahan then licked his face when confronted. Next time Marchand leans in to someone they should punch him under the chin.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Marchand would make a good Capital.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Faubert5 wrote:Marchand low-bridged Callahan then licked his face when confronted. Next time Marchand leans in to someone they should punch him under the chin.
Should be in October because the rat should be suspended rest of this series.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Dude will never learn until he's either ko'd because of his stupidity or the league drops the hammer.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Pruezy11881 wrote:Dude will never learn until he's either ko'd because of his stupidity or the league drops the hammer.
I would hope if someone decides to rip his tongue out the refs just let it go. It would the one time I would have no problem throwing the rule book out.

Of course they could stop it by calling a misconduct penalty and have his team be short handed for at least two and have him in the box for 10 but that would require the officials to not be gutless.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Speaking of gutless, Tampa Bay ties the B's with 7 minutes left in the 3rd period. Watch Charlie McAvoy get hauled down with the free hand, directly leading to the goal. No call. Ref with a full view, but hey it's the 3rd period. At the 2 minute mark of the linked video.

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/tampa-ba ... highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

DelPen wrote:
Pruezy11881 wrote:Dude will never learn until he's either ko'd because of his stupidity or the league drops the hammer.
I would hope if someone decides to rip his tongue out the refs just let it go. It would the one time I would have no problem throwing the rule book out.

Of course they could stop it by calling a misconduct penalty and have his team be short handed for at least two and have him in the box for 10 but that would require the officials to not be gutless.
My son said that Charra appeared to be having a "Dutch Uncle" talk with a sheepish Marchand. I doubt it will have any effect but maybe even the Bruins are tiring of his stuff.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

Faubert5 wrote:
DelPen wrote:

My son said that Charra appeared to be having a "Dutch Uncle" talk with a sheepish Marchand. I doubt it will have any effect but maybe even the Bruins are tiring of his stuff.
I heard this too. His teammates can't possibly think this is cool, he's embarrassing the entire team.

All of this licking/kissing stuff is just bizarre. There's a million other ways to get under a players skin, and there's almost a pun in there just reading that.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Humperdink wrote:Speaking of gutless, Tampa Bay ties the B's with 7 minutes left in the 3rd period. Watch Charlie McAvoy get hauled down with the free hand, directly leading to the goal. No call. Ref with a full view, but hey it's the 3rd period. At the 2 minute mark of the linked video.

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/tampa-ba ... highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rooting for Tampa but yeah, that was rough, even in real time. The Bruins' immediate reactions alone reflect how blatant it was.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

How the heck is Winnipeg this good?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Marchand got hosed on that embellishment call. Hedman had his stick between his legs and tripped him when he grabbed him. I bet if Marchand wasn't such a clown, the ref doesn't give him a penalty.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Vasectomy with some big saves down the stretch. Imagine that.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

You won't have Marchand to kicklick around any more!

Bye-bye Boston. Hope Pens aren't joining you for a tee-time on Tuesday.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Durbano wrote:Vasectomy with some big saves down the stretch. Imagine that.
Is that allowed? I guess we'll see if Fleury can win his 8th this playoffs later tonight.