2014-15 Non-Pens Transactions

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Avyran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: 2014-15 Non-Pens Transactions

Post by Avyran »

Ah, thanks for the update, Mikey. Didn't know that about Nemeth. Agree with pcm, then; this is a set-up deal.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

pcm wrote:Dallas has been in the hunt for a dman. So I'm guessing clearing Sarge opens up space for a new addition soon.
This. That means Dallas will be looking for a puck moving D-man....guess who has a puck moving Dman and a track record of trading with Dallas. LOL
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Kovy27 wrote:
pcm wrote:Dallas has been in the hunt for a dman. So I'm guessing clearing Sarge opens up space for a new addition soon.
This. That means Dallas will be looking for a puck moving D-man....guess who has a puck moving Dman and a track record of trading with Dallas. LOL
I've been dreaming about Nichushkin on Malkin's wing ever since he slipped out of the top 5 picks and fell all the way to #10. So wish Shero had traded up... :D
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

While Kevin Connauton is obviously a failure (I've never seen a guy pretend to be busy on the rink as often as he does, it's pretty funny), I think they're probably going to give John Klingberg a look before they make another move.

Peverley is no closer to coming back, Nuke is hurt but returning soon and Cody Eakin got hurt the other day...McKenzie will go down, so they'll have 13/14 F and 7 D up...not at all unusual...we'll see, I'm not sold on a move coming right away...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

With Fedor Tyutin hurt, Blue Jackets acquire Jordan Leopold for a 5th
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Obviously, this means the Blues are preparing to acquire Martin for Oshie. ;)
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Josh Harding is off suspension for the #mnwild and will be placed on waivers at 11, the Wild announce
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Wow, really? Why?* New Jersey, you hearing this? Cory Schneider has played nearly every minute this year, Josh Harding is a great 1B or better...

* - I mean, I get why...but why not waive Niklas Backstrom first and see if someone will bite there...?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Yeah, that's a little... interesting.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

mikey287 wrote:Wow, really? Why?* New Jersey, you hearing this? Cory Schneider has played nearly every minute this year, Josh Harding is a great 1B or better...

* - I mean, I get why...but why not waive Niklas Backstrom first and see if someone will bite there...?
Given that the Wild immediately suspended him after he broke his foot, I'd say they were less than pleased that the guy they were counting on to be their #1 did something as stupid as kicking a wall following an off-ice altercation.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Yeah, I get that. Pretty hard to come down on a guy like this given such a good relationship he's had with the organization, AIUI, over the years. But I guess what can they do...he obviously had no value in a trade, Backstrom has a NMC, so I rescind my previous inquiry and they obviously aren't going to ditch Kuemper.

Maybe Anaheim or New Jersey takes a look...?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Inb4 someone in PR suggests picking Harding up off waivers.

And I'd place my bets on Edmonton or Winnipeg (even though Pavelec is playing over his head).
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

The Jets have Hutchinson and Budaj to go along with Pavelec...seems unlikely they'd chuck another goalie into that mix right now.

Let's not forget Anaheim in this. Young John Gibson is dinged up, they've had LOLBarbera involved in games...
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

mikey287 wrote:Yeah, I get that. Pretty hard to come down on a guy like this given such a good relationship he's had with the organization, AIUI, over the years. But I guess what can they do...he obviously had no value in a trade, Backstrom has a NMC, so I rescind my previous inquiry and they obviously aren't going to ditch Kuemper.

Many of the Wild beat reporters seem to think he will clear waivers given that it's been almost 11 months since he last played.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

mikey287 wrote:The Jets have Hutchinson and Budaj to go along with Pavelec...seems unlikely they'd chuck another goalie into that mix right now.

Let's not forget Anaheim in this. Young John Gibson is dinged up, they've had LOLBarbera involved in games...
New Jersey seems to be the obvious one to me. They trust Kinkaid & Clemmensen so much that Schneider has started every single game this season.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

tfrizz wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Yeah, I get that. Pretty hard to come down on a guy like this given such a good relationship he's had with the organization, AIUI, over the years. But I guess what can they do...he obviously had no value in a trade, Backstrom has a NMC, so I rescind my previous inquiry and they obviously aren't going to ditch Kuemper.

Many of the Wild beat reporters seem to think he will clear waivers given that it's been almost 11 months since he last played.
It's certainly possible. He's got MS, he had an off-ice dispute with a teammate, he hasn't played in a year...could he clear? Oh certainly. But I think anyone that as a hole on their depth chart and goes back through their logs on this guy will take a look...I'm usually the last guy in line to say, "oh, he'll definitely be claimed!" because hundreds of players are waived every year and almost no one gets claimed. In this case, I think there's a fair chance. But it's far from a lock, of course...obviously no one would surrender a draft pick for him...
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

mikey287 wrote:
tfrizz wrote:

It's certainly possible. He's got MS, he had an off-ice dispute with a teammate, he hasn't played in a year...could he clear? Oh certainly. But I think anyone that as a hole on their depth chart and goes back through their logs on this guy will take a look...I'm usually the last guy in line to say, "oh, he'll definitely be claimed!" because hundreds of players are waived every year and almost no one gets claimed. In this case, I think there's a fair chance. But it's far from a lock, of course...obviously no one would surrender a draft pick for him...
For sure. In other waiver news, Dallas placed defenseman Kevin Connauton on waivers. I'd also be surprised if he cleared, as I'm sure there are a few teams out there willing to take a shot on a 24-year-old defenseman.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I'd be shocked if he was claimed. He sucks noodles.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

He's Japanese?
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

MRandall25 wrote:Inb4 someone in PR suggests picking Harding up off waivers.

And I'd place my bets on Edmonton or Winnipeg (even though Pavelec is playing over his head).
Pavelec is down something like 22 pounds from last season. While I agree he is playing above his potential, he might not be as terrible as we all think he is.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

mikey287 wrote:
tfrizz wrote:

I think the MS is going to scare everyone away. Plus, he is 30 years old and his highest games per season is 34.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

meow wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Inb4 someone in PR suggests picking Harding up off waivers.

Pavelec is down something like 22 pounds from last season. While I agree he is playing above his potential, he might not be as terrible as we all think he is.
I had always said, when is he going to pull a Lehtonen, put down the milkshakes and get committed to the position. Is it now? Is this when he turns the corner?

I'm going to bet against him. But when he was younger I was thinking he could be Kari Jr. we'll see...I'm going to try to trade him in fantasy before anyone gets wise...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

mikey287 wrote:I'd be shocked if he was claimed. He sucks noodles.
Color me shocked. Claimed by Columbus. (Kevin Connauton)

Harding cleared, by the way.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

To be fair, the Blue Jackets have like 2 healthy defensemen.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

But they both don't have a clue defensively (JMFJ and Everybody Beats the Wiz)...Connauton acts like he cares, but he don't care...and I think he has another one-way year after this one (IIRC), weird claim...