NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Super Mario Bros Warz: Bowser's Revenge GAME THREAD

Post by PensFanInDC »

thehockeyguru wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Lol. Why would the colors be for show?
So the fact that ulf and dodint were BLUE VILLAGERS is somehow negated by a Warz mod's artistic license?
Did you read the sign up? Imo, the villagers can get powers. I think the colors reflect a sort of bond much like masons in past games
Good point
Majority votes to kill
No Majority is reached and it'll be a weighted random.org
Power-ups and weapons will be handed out at the start of the game, please check your personal items at the door.
Keep hands and legs inside the kart at all times.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

The fact that i got a vote for pointing out basic info is odd.

Lynch WK
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

That sounds nothing like Masons. The idea that those colors mean anything IMO is nothing but a distraction.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Goomba can be stomped and killed.

Koopa can be stomped, then sent (picked up in some mario games) as a projectile. Or Mario can firebomb them and just kill them.

There are other Mario enemies that can ONLY be killed with a projectile (turtle shell or firebomb).

Depending on how complex Cbear made this game, there's likely going to be 1ups, mushrooms, flowers, etc, that give abilities.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Willie Kool wrote:That sounds nothing like Masons. The idea that those colors mean anything IMO is nothing but a distraction.
Ill take my explanation over the colors mean nothing thank you.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

save columbia

too much going on right now
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

I think that since they were labeled as blue villagers that they are in fact blue. The other color could be an indication of a power or just a compliment to their color in the game.

Maybe this whole color thing is cbears payback for redwills game where he was the only blue in a sea of role players haha
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

obhave wrote:I think that since they were labeled as blue villagers that they are in fact blue. The other color could be an indication of a power or just a compliment to their color in the game.

Maybe this whole color thing is cbears payback for redwills game where he was the only blue in a sea of role players haha
So you're saying we should lynch redwill? :pop:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

At this point, I could only rationalize a vote for someone who hasn't posted yet. On the same note, I can't rationalize a quick vote on any of them, because I don't want us to accidentally lynch a RPer just because they haven't had a chance to check in.

Hopefully, more players will weigh in soon.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I kind of like the WK vote, given the way he jumped all over thg for simply trying to understand the layout of the game.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

obhave wrote:I think that since they were labeled as blue villagers that they are in fact blue. The other color could be an indication of a power or just a compliment to their color in the game.

The colors question was more of a joke pointed at our recent "what do the colors mean???" games (hence, my facepalm). :lol:

It was the strikethrough that I couldn't see which had me baffled. I wondered if it meant ulf wasn't actually dead. PFIDC cleared that up.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

This makes sense.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

relantel wrote:lynch shaf.

just because.
Nothing since then. If I'm looking for a day 1 vote this might be good enough for me.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote:At this point, I could only rationalize a vote for someone who hasn't posted yet. On the same note, I can't rationalize a quick vote on any of them, because I don't want us to accidentally lynch a RPer just because they haven't had a chance to check in.

I thought you didn't like when people voted for non-participants so early? Or am I wrong about that?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

to clarify I meant voting for rel, not shaf
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Yellow WK
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

MWB wrote:
dagny wrote:At this point, I could only rationalize a vote for someone who hasn't posted yet. On the same note, I can't rationalize a quick vote on any of them, because I don't want us to accidentally lynch a RPer just because they haven't had a chance to check in.

I thought you didn't like when people voted for non-participants so early? Or am I wrong about that?
Its also only two hours into the game, silliness to call anyone quiet.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:

This early in the game, barring any RPer info to guide us, I advocate eliminating non players. However, I like to give them a chance to weigh in before casting a vote. Maybe that's your confusion.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

If we're just going to eliminate someone for being a "non" player, then I would look at BigMcK. That guy signs up for everything but I don't really ever recall him actually playing.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

On my stupid 'smart' phone, colors are blocks so you can not read any text. Between the bug-eyed swim goggle kid and the color thing, I guess I need a tether to this laptop.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Crankshaft wrote:If we're just going to eliminate someone for being a "non" player, then I would look at BigMcK. That guy signs up for everything but I don't really ever recall him actually playing.
He actually gets the longest leeway from me, being on the West coast. However, I'm also in california, but I'm here.

I must concur, in the last few games, he has signed up and not participated much.

Where are Pavel and canaan??? Pavel is, like, warz godfather, and canaan is just warz fun. :D
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

What a coincidence. I said something about BigMcK and he shows up 5 minutes later. :lol:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

(I finally have a warz game start on a day off from work, so I can really participate.)

I wish nan and c2i were playing. :(
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

BigMcK wrote:On my stupid 'smart' phone, colors are blocks so you can not read any text. Between the bug-eyed swim goggle kid and the color thing, I guess I need a tether to this laptop.
I hit that goggle ad all the goddamn time
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:If we're just going to eliminate someone for being a "non" player, then I would look at BigMcK. That guy signs up for everything but I don't really ever recall him actually playing.
He actually gets the longest leeway from me, being on the West coast. However, I'm also in california, but I'm here.

I must concur, in the last few games, he has signed up and not participated much.

Where are Pavel and canaan??? Pavel is, like, warz godfather, and canaan is just warz fun. :D
I guess this is where I get confused. You will give certain people leeway, including yourself, for not participating because of time differences. Completely understandable. However, everyone can have a reason to not participate. And if we wait for them to weigh in, are they no longer a non-participant?
My thinking is, if we get a couple days in and haven't heard from someone, kill them. Otherwise, it's just a shot in the dark as much as anyone else this early.