Milan Kraft Retires

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Milan Kraft Retires

Post by Idoit40fans »

Rylan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I had a great time at the games just before and right after the 04 lockout.
I am in agreement with this. Even though the Pens were bad, it was a blast.
It was more fun then. Those student sections are not going to get recreated again for probably 15+ years.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

I just remember the first time I heard "Beer Peanuts Here!" guy (later became Cotton Candy Here! guy, RIP)

"BEER PEANUTS HERE!"

"Dad what the hell was that?"
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I had him saying "cotton candy here" as my text alert for so long that I can't even remember him saying anything else.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Kraft played pretty well on my NHL 2002 league.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Crankshaft wrote:One of my favorite moments of the young team was Morosov scoring a goal (I think against Boston) and then clutching the Penguin on his chest in pride.
Penguins right winger Aleksey Morozov usually isn't one for big-goal celebrations.
But Friday night, when he scored in overtime to beat the Carolina Hurricanes, 4-3, he was more than just a little excited.
He was also proud.
Morozov pumped his arms in the air before skating past the glass, looking into the Mellon Arena stands and holding out the Penguins logo on his jersey for all to see.
"I was so happy; we won the game in overtime, and it was really important for us," he said. "I tried to show the fans that we're hot and they should come to Sunday's game. I expect it's going to be a sellout. We're playing against the Rangers. It should be an interesting game."
http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sp ... 85468.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and of course the video

[youtube][/youtube]

As simple as it is, it's still one of my favorite goal celebrations
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

JS© wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:One of my favorite moments of the young team was Morosov scoring a goal (I think against Boston) and then clutching the Penguin on his chest in pride.
Penguins right winger Aleksey Morozov usually isn't one for big-goal celebrations.
But Friday night, when he scored in overtime to beat the Carolina Hurricanes, 4-3, he was more than just a little excited.
He was also proud.
Morozov pumped his arms in the air before skating past the glass, looking into the Mellon Arena stands and holding out the Penguins logo on his jersey for all to see.
"I was so happy; we won the game in overtime, and it was really important for us," he said. "I tried to show the fans that we're hot and they should come to Sunday's game. I expect it's going to be a sellout. We're playing against the Rangers. It should be an interesting game."
http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sp ... 85468.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and of course the video

[youtube][/youtube]

As simple as it is, it's still one of my favorite goal celebrations
That's it. Good find.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

One of my favorite Pen's games was '02 or '03 (I can't remember if it was the year Anaheim made the finals or the year before) when they blew us out 7 or 8 to nothing. Never again have I seen a team only touch the puck in a legitimate scoring area maybe 1 or 2 times the entire game.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

mikey287 wrote:
GSdrums87 wrote:Hey man, Generation X is when I started going to Pens games. 9-0 losses to New Jersey. We'd be happy if they got a few goals while we were there.
Oh Jesus, I remember that game...Madden and McKay each had 4-goal games... :face:
I remember how Jagr was just a -1, which I made sure to remark to my friends :D