Semin Out of DC

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Semin Out of DC

Post by JS© »

Now it's time to play everybody's favorite game: "I didn't say that. Sometimes words get twisted", with your host Alex Semin
"This is all just talk. Words can get twisted. There was no talk at all that I am not going to sign with the Capitals for sure. I have not talked to them [the Capitals] about leaving. And please don't ask me questions about the next season anymore."
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... tml?cmp=fb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe he's right about the words being twisted. Maybe he's not. But what has me wondering is the "don't ask about next season" comment.

If it were as simple as him wanting to come back to the Caps, don't you think he would at least address it? Tell everybody "My intentions are to return to Washington", which would at least put the rumor to rest. Instead, you now have people like me wondering what he meant by his last comment.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I'm pretty sure he meant...nothing matters until July 1. If he didn't mean that, then he meant "please don't ask me questions about next season". I don't even know what there is to read into here.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

Steve wrote:He wants his role expanded, to killing penalties?

Did I just read that?

Not only is he the last player on that team, or any team, that I'd want killing penalties - his lazy and stupid play, was so often the reason his team was shorthanded to begin with.

Come on Semin, just one more contract with the Caps! Do it GMGM.
I heard he wants more drum solos

mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

steelhammer wrote:Semin is one of the most underrated players I've ever seen in the league. He has one of the most unique set of hockey skills:

Shot: One of the hardest and most accurate wrist shots in the league. Ditto for his slap shot, and that is unusual for a player to be that accurate with both shots. He obviously isn't a strong guy, and that tells you his technique is almost perfect.

Puck Handling: He is a total dangler with the puck. Great at carrying it through the neutral zone.
He has the best wrist shot in the league and is probably the most technically skilled player in the league.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

mikey287 wrote:
steelhammer wrote:Semin is one of the most underrated players I've ever seen in the league. He has one of the most unique set of hockey skills:

Shot: One of the hardest and most accurate wrist shots in the league. Ditto for his slap shot, and that is unusual for a player to be that accurate with both shots. He obviously isn't a strong guy, and that tells you his technique is almost perfect.

Puck Handling: He is a total dangler with the puck. Great at carrying it through the neutral zone.
He has the best wrist shot in the league and is probably the most technically skilled player in the league.
Poor man's Kovalev
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Streaks House wrote:
mikey287 wrote:

Poor man's Kovalev
Except he pretty much makes the same amount.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Soooo are we signing this guy? (I'm hiding behind the computer screen)
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

I would absolutely love Semin on this team. I don't give a **** what anyone says. He is a good defensive player. He blocks shots. He back checks and always has a good amount of takeaways he is such a absurdly good skater... I could only imagine him and Crosby on the same line
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Crosby Lovejoy Semin
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pens#1 »

id love to see the Pens offer Zherdev a one year deal for next to nothing
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by The Snapshot »

He's being squeezed out
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

:face:
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

Godric wrote:I would absolutely love Semin on this team. I don't give a **** what anyone says. He is a good defensive player. He blocks shots. He back checks and always has a good amount of takeaways he is such a absurdly good skater... I could only imagine him and Crosby on the same line

Is he worth 6.7 million? He had 19 blocks this season (Maybe WSH stat guy is really stingy??). I dont know what he was doing the 2 years his point totals were blown up, or what he's been doing since, but a multi year high cap hit deal for this guy? No Thanks.
Last edited by Fire0nice228 on Thu May 24, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

Fire0nice228 wrote:
Godric wrote:I would absolutely love Semin on this team. I don't give a **** what anyone says. He is a good defensive player. He blocks shots. He back checks and always has a good amount of takeaways he is such a absurdly good skater... I could only imagine him and Crosby on the same line

Is he worth 6.7 million?
**** no
Spoiler:
5m :pop:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Fire0nice228 wrote:

He had 19 blocks this season (Maybe WSH stat guy is really stingy??).
No, Semin just doesn't block shots. I thought I was his biggest defender, inasmuch that I think he might be the most technically talented player in the league, but I guess we have a closet fan here after all...
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Godric »

mikey287 wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:

He had 19 blocks this season (Maybe WSH stat guy is really stingy??).
No, Semin just doesn't block shots. I thought I was his biggest defender, inasmuch that I think he might be the most technically talented player in the league, but I guess we have a closet fan here after all...
How many shots did he block in the playoffs?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

5 in 14 games:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/playe ... /count/121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Godric »

columbia wrote:5 in 14 games:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/playe ... /count/121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Okay then I'm wrong. Whoops

He must of gotten all 5 of those in the 2 games I watched
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Well, he was pretty good in the post-season, all around.