XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Post by DocEmrick »

Guys, I will be imposing quick deadlines on this game to try and get it over before Christmas. I'm taking 3 more people, then I'm randomizing roles and sending out PM's. I will then post the game thread, and try to collect PM's or Night 1 ASAP, so be ready to go.

3 more should make a good round number for this game.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

4:20 deadline every day?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

columbia wrote:4:20 deadline every day?
:shock: I see what you did there... I guess it's OK... after all, the game is being run by Doc :)
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

3 moar
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

TheHammer24 wrote:So I'm trying to learn the roles. What roles are we going to have in this game?

Also, I read something that mentioned lurking and vote changing. Why are these so frowned upon?
Roles: They're up to Doc. The mod creates whatever roles he/she pleases. The mod decides whether to reveal what roles exist in the initial write-up. So no one knows what roles exist, but we may know once the game starts. In the original dozen or so games, what roles existed were always revealed. Then Pavel Bure modded Nintendo Wars and did not reveal what roles existed. We all moaned and complained about that, but it ushered in a new era in game play.

Lurking is frowned upon only because it means participation lags and therefore the game drags (that rhymes!) But lurking is often a strategy. What is really frowned upon is a player not participating and then finding out that that player had no role. That's just laziness. Or nan became a father. Boring. In the end, do whatever you think works for you and you'll be judged at the end of the game. :)

As for vote-changing, don't worry about it. We all change votes if we think conditions have changed. Do what you think is best.

Here's some (unsolicited) advice I gave to a new player a while ago:
redwill wrote:If I could offer some advice, I would say really participate. I've seen a dozen or more people come in for their first game who are confused and timid and so don't do much. It takes all the fun out of it for them and so they decide Warz is not for them. But those who just plunge in and have some fun get hooked. So be bold.

And, if you do it right, you can be like me and get Juice hating you for life. :lol:
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

redwill wrote:
redwill wrote:If I could offer some advice, I would say really participate. I've seen a dozen or more people come in for their first game who are confused and timid and so don't do much. It takes all the fun out of it for them and so they decide Warz is not for them. But those who just plunge in and have some fun get hooked. So be bold.

And, if you do it right, you can be like me and get Juice hating you for life. :lol:
Was this to me? I feel like it was.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

obhave wrote:Was this to me? I feel like it was.
I never get between a woman and her feelings. So I'm sure it was.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

PLZ Let's start today
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

In
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Okay, okay. In.

/armtwisted
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Would love to, but I'm flying to Dublin the day after Christmas.

If Gaucho is willing to let me fly over and visit his home to cast my votes, consider me in.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

redwill wrote:
obhave wrote:Was this to me? I feel like it was.
I never get between a woman and her feelings. So I'm sure it was.
Probably a good life choice :lol:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

So is this starting today?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

doc, did you miss my "in" on the bottom of page 1 or am i not allowed to play :(
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Holy **** I guess I did miss it, my bad.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Roles will be decided momentarily, Game Thread will be up within the next 20 minutes.

Sorry to c2i, I legit missed him.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

no biggie
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

redwill wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:So I'm trying to learn the roles. What roles are we going to have in this game?

Also, I read something that mentioned lurking and vote changing. Why are these so frowned upon?
Roles: They're up to Doc. The mod creates whatever roles he/she pleases. The mod decides whether to reveal what roles exist in the initial write-up. So no one knows what roles exist, but we may know once the game starts. In the original dozen or so games, what roles existed were always revealed. Then Pavel Bure modded Nintendo Wars and did not reveal what roles existed. We all moaned and complained about that, but it ushered in a new era in game play.

Lurking is frowned upon only because it means participation lags and therefore the game drags (that rhymes!) But lurking is often a strategy. What is really frowned upon is a player not participating and then finding out that that player had no role. That's just laziness. Or nan became a father. Boring. In the end, do whatever you think works for you and you'll be judged at the end of the game. :)

As for vote-changing, don't worry about it. We all change votes if we think conditions have changed. Do what you think is best.

lynch/salt/delete/waive/unwrap/fire/net/slay/annoy/shank/force choke/lightsaber redwills head off/blast/capture/shoot/stake/drain/bludgeon/bite/eat/unperson/vaporize/tip/pin/stomp/evict/throw redwill into the bog/plant evidence on redwill/accuse/disappear/give nickelback cd's to redwill redwill
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

:lol:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

/var/lib/lynch/salt/delete/waive/unwrap/fire/net/slay/annoy/shank/force

So that's where doc hides his pr0n.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

:pop:

Might be hiding something else in the /var/www/ directory...