Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Post by the wicked child »

Although, seeing as Malks only had 6 protects, he technically couldn't have stay alive forever... but the wolves wouldn't have known that. Can't say that is a twist I like.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

the wicked child wrote:Although, seeing as Malks only had 6 protects, he technically couldn't have stay alive forever... but the wolves wouldn't have known that. Can't say that is a twist I like.

oh...my bad, i didn't see there was that stipulation....neglect that incoherent, whiny rant i just made.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:i'll credit slappy with being smart to throw votes on canaan throughout the game, that won the game for him. but that being said i really think there was a massive village fail at the end of the game there, malk, i'm sorry dude but that was such a misplay to protect LITT and let yourself get killed.

1. LITT did his job and found 2 wolves, it was even uncertain if he could have kept searching if he could have found the remaining alpha. at that point LITT most value is that he's a known villager and the wolves have to use on of their kills on him. Plus, the wolves might think that your protecting LITT and go elswhere. either way, the village had a commanding lead at that point with three role players left against what would quickly turn into 1 wolf.

look at it this way, and how easy the game would have been for you guys if you just played conservatively.

1. wolves eat LITT.
2. errey shoots mwb.

then you come out as the angel: that means two known good role players vs 1 wolf amongst: Slappy. PFIDC, Mikenike & npv. the wolves can't kill you, so you guys have a 25% chance of nabbing the wolf there. even if you guess wrong, the wolves kill errery (unless he holds onto his bullet right) ....wait if errery has a bullet then they can't kill him right? then the alpha and the vig dies...game over? you couldnt have lost. the wolves can't kill you or errey...holy cow...RP fail in this game.
Whatev dude I made the play because I was hoping for a final seer guess. This village shot themselves in the foot by letting MWB go at the end regardless.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Malka had the option of protecting both himself and LITT on the night he was killed. The Angel had the power to protect multiple people on the same night.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:i'll credit slappy with being smart to throw votes on canaan throughout the game, that won the game for him. but that being said i really think there was a massive village fail at the end of the game there, malk, i'm sorry dude but that was such a misplay to protect LITT and let yourself get killed.

1. LITT did his job and found 2 wolves, it was even uncertain if he could have kept searching if he could have found the remaining alpha. at that point LITT most value is that he's a known villager and the wolves have to use on of their kills on him. Plus, the wolves might think that your protecting LITT and go elswhere. either way, the village had a commanding lead at that point with three role players left against what would quickly turn into 1 wolf.

look at it this way, and how easy the game would have been for you guys if you just played conservatively.

1. wolves eat LITT.
2. errey shoots mwb.

then you come out as the angel: that means two known good role players vs 1 wolf amongst: Slappy. PFIDC, Mikenike & npv. the wolves can't kill you, so you guys have a 25% chance of nabbing the wolf there. even if you guess wrong, the wolves kill errery (unless he holds onto his bullet right) ....wait if errery has a bullet then they can't kill him right? then the alpha and the vig dies...game over? you couldnt have lost. the wolves can't kill you or errey...holy cow...RP fail in this game.
Whatev dude I made the play because I was hoping for a final seer guess. This village shot themselves in the foot by letting MWB go at the end regardless.
Completely agree with this. Letting a known red stay alive and allowing the day to go by with a no lynch turned the game.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

were all questions answered after i died? :pop:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:

you were right man, i was under the impression that you could protect yourself every night, i didn't know you had a limited number of protects. that's where that post came from.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

count2infinity wrote:were all questions answered after i died? :pop:
Nope. Sorry, bud. My bad.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

npv708 wrote:
no hard feelings :fist:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

count2infinity wrote:
npv708 wrote:
no hard feelings :fist:
:fist:
Spoiler:
until next game...lol
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:Malka had the option of protecting both himself and LITT on the night he was killed. The Angel had the power to protect multiple people on the same night.
Yup and I held because I figured the village would do their job, but the wolves called it and got me. I am literally shocked people let a known baddie live AND make the final vote to tie.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I hesitate to judge, but there is no way the village should have lost this game, IMO. Consider the situation when the seer outed the two non-Alpha wolves.

It's a clear win if the village just patiently lynches those two wolves. The vig does NOTHING. The Angel is inconsequential.

Just lynch the two wolves.

Simple. Game over.

The Alpha would eventually have to try to kill the vig. The vig has the saved bullets and would kill the Alpha in an attempt on the vig's life.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

The three RPs all coming out at once and tie vote were clutch. Super fast move by MWB there. The canaan v. dagny sideshow was also a good distraction.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Malkamaniac wrote:This village shot themselves in the foot by letting MWB go at the end regardless.
Very true. I had no intention of voting during the second to last day. I figured if I voted for mike it would make slappy look bad. If I voted for slappy it would have been too risky. Then Letang threw a vote on me to make it 3-2, so I figured I'd take a chance and wait until just before the deadline to vote and tie it up.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

redwill wrote: It's a clear win if the village just patiently lynches those two wolves.
I agree. I think the moral of the story is, when you've got known red guys, you kill them off and deal with everything else later.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'd like to say that it was great modding with thg on this game. I generally like to mod solo, but thg's dedication made this a real pleasure.

We disagreed on only a couple of things, but, for the most part, it was like two hands clapping. Two hands clapping is always better than one (I know hippies like LITT probably disagree).
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

No you're the hippie!
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

redwill wrote:I'd like to say that it was great modding with thg on this game. I generally like to mod solo, but thg's dedication made this a real pleasure.

We disagreed on only a couple of things, but, for the most part, it was like two hands clapping. Two hands clapping is always better than one (I know hippies like LITT probably disagree).
I completely agree. My only regret was that we put together the game so quickly. Hopefully down the line we can co-mod a game that is a bit more elaborate.

This was my 1st time mod'ing a game and have to thank redwill for all his assistance, it was a good time.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

mod thg?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Great game on behalf of the mods, especially on such short notice. thg, I might not even vote for you in the first bandwagon next game...
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

redwill wrote:

PMs:

Vigilante:
- You get one bullet every other night, starting with Night 2
- You can save any number of bullets, but can kill no more than once per night
- If you are recruited/targeted by the wolves, the Alpha will die IF you have an unused bullet. If there is at least 1 remaining wolf besides the Alpha, you will ALSO die. If you have no bullet, you alone will die. If you have no bullet and the wolves attempt to recruit you, nothing will happen.

Angel:
- You have 6 total protects.
- You may protect anyone, including yourself.
- You may choose to use none, some, or all of your remaining protects on any given night
- You may protect the same person on consecutive nights.

Okay, now that I see what was spelled out in the RPer PMs, I'm officially :face: ing you guys. :lol:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

while i agree the PMs were quite clear, if errey sent two why didnt the mods go: yo you sent two people, choose one. meh dont matter. slappy did us dirty
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:while i agree the PMs were quite clear, if errey sent two why didnt the mods go: yo you sent two people, choose one. meh dont matter. slappy did us dirty
Because he sent "kill NPV", then several hours later sent "kill NPV and MWB", then he sent a third PM saying if he couldn't kill both to kill MWB. We decided that we would go with his 1st PM.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:while i agree the PMs were quite clear, if errey sent two why didnt the mods go: yo you sent two people, choose one. meh dont matter. slappy did us dirty
Because he sent "kill NPV", then several hours later sent "kill NPV and MWB", then he sent a third PM saying if he couldn't kill both to kill MWB. We decided that we would go with his 1st PM.
I think thats pretty reasonable and consistent with previous games. Whatever gets sent first should control (this game, Iwe had already submitted our kill when all the RPs came out, and we didnt try to resubmit).